A Caravan to Ein Arris

PhoenixAsh

First Post
The desert sun seems to make the very sands glare and Malinda squints, then rubs her eyes.

"Yes... yes that makes sense," she blinks and smiles again. "Surely the lizard must be the only creature courageous enough to brave this heat, and so it makes sense that he would brave our approach."

"The brave desert lizard... that would make a good song." she muses aloud. She occupies her mind composing a tune and setting lyrics to it, keeping her from dwelling on other concerns.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damein rolls his eyes, but focuses on the road. While the heat did not seem to bother him significantly, he disliked being idle.

fenixdown

First Post
"A good song, maybe, but I think it will make a better story. In fact, I think I know how I'll start already. And of course, I already know how I'll finish, since it lends itself so nicely to several morals. On the other hand, I suppose it might also fit a tune quite nicely; although really, storytelling and song aren't all that different from each other. Actually, now that I think of it, it might turn out even better with both elements combined... say, Malinda, what do you think of this idea? We take our good goblin friend's misfortune, here, and embellish it, you know, maybe giving the lizard a bit more of a role; a few escapades of his own or whatnot, and we make a lyric poem of it. It will be set to music by you, of course, and I can perform the spoken bits. Now don't laugh; I may not be as skilled in the performing arts as your own talented self, but I do know my way around a story, and I dare say the two of us combined could put on a better show than either of us together. And who knows, perhaps even our moody companion here has his own hidden talent he could contribute to the performance."

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Malinda smiles at Kibek's suggestion, "I rather like the idea, dear Kibek. A lyric poem! And I would be happy to compose music for your spoken verse. I love to sing, and that is my specialty of course, but composition has always been a secret fascination of mine. Combining music and writing, why, what is not to love!" she laughs.

She sobers after a moment and glances aside at Damien. She ventures, with a small voice, "Damien, do you play an instrument?"

Kafkonia

First Post
"To clean and sew, yes?" The goblin laughs. "All skills have their uses here, yes? Even my quiet brother." He gestures at Pasha. "But to make a story, now, people will laugh, yes? Laugh at Farvaro? I would not like that! Perhaps you change roles? The lizard that does not scare the goblin, yes? Ha ha!"

Time passes, and eventually the sun begins to set. "We should make camp, yes? And then perhaps you will play your, ah -- I cannot find the word. Many apologies."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Kafkonia said:
"To clean and sew, yes?" The goblin laughs.
Damien smiles but says nothing, a dangerous look in his eyes.

Kafkonia said:
Time passes, and eventually the sun begins to set. "We should make camp, yes? "
Travel by night is cool, but a bit difficult to see by. Best let the mounts rest.

Remove ads