• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Lucky I miss with Ardent Strike, because it is a power I don't even have anymore. I forgot I changed my paladin so much lately...

Also, please note Cliff have 11 THP.[/SBLOCK]

Cliff follow the Lich who has escaped his attack before and this time, summon Illmater's to smite the lich.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Walk to P3
Minor: Divine Challenge L2
Standard: Majestic Halo on L2.

Edit: Attack miss:
Miss: Half Damage
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, any enemy starting his turn adjacent to you is under your divine sanction until the end of his turn.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Durlak

First Post
Taran sees the lich at the edge. This is perfect he thinks. "Wind Chill" and a gust of cold wind blows the lich in the face but all that it does is to blow its rags a little...
But his failure makes him see someway to stop the glowing lich.

[sblock=OCC]
Chill Wind: 1d20+8=9, 1d6+1=6
Insight: 1d20+6=26
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Anguish decides it is best to keep moving against the wind, not trusting his physical endurance to keep him from moving and advances towards the lich engaged by Chizz and Cliff. While fighting the wind, he manages to chide the liches, hoping to distract them from their ritual (Intimidate). "You're nothing but wasted bags of bones! You pathetic creatures. I actually pity you. You sought undeath because you squandered life. I'll be happy to help end what miserable existence you have left."
OOC: Free: Endurance to resist wind
Move: move to J9
Standard: Intimidate

Infernal Wrath, Witchfire, Ethereal Stride, Otherwind Stride, Second Wind, Action Point (1), Dread Star, Crown of Madness

Voda Vosa

First Post
The half orc, the elf and the shifter gang on the lich at the edge of the scorched stone floor. Taran's idea was bright, but the winds he summoned did little after facing the strong stormy winds that raged over the scene. Cliff stoically lashed at the undead with grim determination, setting it's rags alight. As the paladin cut, the pirate duck underneath, and cleaves it with his knife, pushing it onto the dangerous scorching areas with a twist of his arm. The creature stumbles over the black floor, and blue lightning start to arc from the ground to it. The lich feels invigorating, as the blue energy swirls about it. It's eye sockets glow intensely with the arcane power build-up. It opens it's cadaverous mouth to unleash a terrible spell!
Without warning, the blue crystal shoots a discharge over the lich, Chizz ducking instinctively out of the way. The force of the impact explodes on the lich, sending the shattered skeleton far away from the tower. Cliff and Chizz can see the blueish glow from the lich, disappearing from sight in the darkness of the night.

Asterion's charge misses completely, the Lich just sidesteps, and lets the Minotaur gore at the far end wall. Roderic's lance of faith also fails to find it's mark.

The other lich screeches at the lose of it's partner. It moves recklessly seeing Anguish at the edge, and attempts to make him face the same fate than his fallen comrade. It chants and casts a ray of purple energy, that luckily for Anguish goes flying just over his head.

Asterion Anguish and Taran manage to debilitate the energy shield around the lich. "Keep it up, we almost have him!" encourages the archwizard.

[sblock=Final showdown]

MAP

[sblock=Skill challenge]
Interfere with the ritual while fighting of the lichs: You must stop the Ritual. Be creative in the use of skills, but know that physical skills can’t be used to break the spell. I'll give you the actual DC's after the first round of attempts.

Wins: 5
Loses: 0

Arcana and Inisght DC: 19

[/sblock]

[sblock=Special features]
Blue Crystal: The blue crystal is shooting lightningbolts from it’s position to any square determined at random at the end of each round. The impact place creates a scorched area. Determining the properties of the crystal will need a history or arcane check (as if identifying a monster) If the lightning bolt hits squares occupied by characters, it will make an attack. Trust me when I say you don’t want to end in those squares.
Properties: This massive cube stores magical energy. Any creature that touches it as a free action rolls a 1d20 1-5 regains the use of an encounter, 6-10 regains the use of daily power, 11-15 suffers 3d12+8 force damage and is pushed 3 away, 16-20 looses the use of a random unspent encounter or daily power. The lightning blots that the cube shoots deal 3d12+8 force damage, knock prone and push 3 from the center point. The attack is made with a +15 vs reflex.

Scorched areas: The remaining energy of the lightning bolt swirl about from these areas. Determining the properties of the scorched areas will need an arcane or insight check (as if identifying a monster).
Properties: Any creature that enters a scorched area rolls a 1d10, on 1-5 the remnant energy fuels your magical items or special abilities, you regain the use of an encounter power or the use of an item power of your choice. On 6-10 the remnant energy acts like a beacon creating an arc of lightning from the blue crystal, you are struck by the harmful effects of the lightning bolt.

Winds: The winds will push anyone outside K14 to M 14 towards the hole at the left of the screen. An arrow in the map indicates the direction of the wind. If you don’t succeed an Athletics or Endurance check DC 17 (+1 each lightning bolt that hits a wall), you are pushed 3 towards the edge. If your roll exceed the DC, you can add 1 to anyone else’s roll for each 5 points you exceeded the DC you can distribute those points as you see fit, assuming you have more than 1 to spare.

Blue auras: Lich King and archmage and invulnerable for now, as they are surrounded by pure arcane energy.
[/sblock]

Code:
Character   	  Contition/HP

Lich1         4/??	        AC: 24	Fort: 21	Ref: 22	Will: 23
Lich2        Dead		AC: 24	Fort: 21	Ref: 22	Will: 23 Flew out of the window.

Lich King   Invulnerable	
Mage Leader  Invulnerable

Chizz         44/44	AC: 19	Fort: 18	Ref: 18	Will: 14   HS:
Anguish      31/43	AC: 18	Fort: 12	Ref: 16	Will: 18   HS:	
Asterion    49/40	        AC: 21	Fort: 15	Ref: 19	Will: 18   HS:
Roderic      47/47	        AC: 24	Fort: 17	Ref: 18	Will: 19   HS:
Taran	        51/51		AC: 19	Fort: 14	Ref: 16	Will: 17   HS:
Cliff	        51/51		AC: 23	Fort: 18	Ref: 16	Will: 17   HS:

Group: Bless (+1 to attacks)

Rolls:

Avoiding the wind gust:
Anguish: Rolled himself (an 8) Pushed
Asterion (1d20+9)[25] Resists
Roderic (1d20+2)[16] Pushed
Cliff (1d20+8)[17] Resists
Chizz (1d20+14)[34] Resists
Taran (1d20+4)[8] Pushed

Lich 1: Attacks Anguish
(1d20+13)[15]
(1d6+3)[7]
Miss

I've rolled on GITP: Apts - Giant in the Playground Forums

[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Anguish cackles loudly at the liches right after dodging the purple ray. "Ha! You must have been too distracted with your own ineffective magic. Can't you see your magical bolt bounced right back and struck the crystal? Your ritual is doomed now." he bluffs, hoping the lich king is thrown off guard by his assertion.
OOC: Free: attempt to resist wind
Standard: Bluff
Move (contingency): If Anguish fails his Endurance check and is blown away, he moves back to his original position.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz grins as his skeletal opponent sails over the side, but his feral smile is at odds with the fear in his eyes as he realizes how close that bolt came to sending him toppling as well. At least the other one's not near the edge, he thinks as he moves into position to charge the other lich. The windblasted floor is no worse than the deck of a ship, and his sea legs instinctively compensate. He reaches out a hand as he goes past Rodric the Bright, steadying him against the gale.

Keep breaking that spell, holy man. I can see your attack is working. I'll go keep Mister Bones busy.

Chizz charges the lich, pinning him against the wall. Although his attack does little damage, the sailor hems the lich in and threatens it with both daggers.

[sblock=actions]MOVE: to J-7
MINOR: quarry lich
FREE: grant +2 to Rodric's resisting the wind - total 18.
STANDARD: Charge to I-4, basic melee vs lich - Hit for 6.

REACTION/ INTERRUPT: Most of the things the lich can do will result in some kind of attack by Chizz. If lich hits or misses Chizz in melee, react with +11 vs Reflex for 1d6+5. If lich scores a critical hit or bloodies Chizz, instead react with Wounded Beast (+11 vs AC for 4d6+5 counting quarry, miss half, and spend a healing surge.)
If it uses a ranged or area attack, or moves without shifting, Chizz will OA, +11 vs AC for 1d6+5.

If any of the above attacks is triggered but misses, use Nasty Backswing (free, trigger: you miss with a melee attack). +13 vs AC for 3d6+13, counting CA and sneak attack.

[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
+1 attack (bless), resist 5 all (moment of glory), duelist's prowess stance active.
HP: 44/44, +11 thp, 6 surges
Resources available:
action point
second wind
5 thp when first bloodied
Off-Hand Strike
Nasty Backswing
Wounded Beast
Duelist's Prowess
Lucky Charm
Breach Bracers
Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

Rodric joins the others attacking the lich in the corner.
"Hit him again!" He bellows as he swipes his radiant blade at the undead mage.
Chizz and Asterion do quickly as said...

[sblock=OOC]

move: Move to H4
standard: Inspire Fervor vs I3
Hit for 16 radiant damage and Chizz and Asterion can make a basic attack
minor: sustain Moment of Glory
free: Try to resist push

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Rodric the Bright
Perception: 22 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 47 / 47 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +1; +3 vs death.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Blessing of Battle, Brand of the Sun, Sun's Glow, Lance of Faith
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Smite Undead/Soothing Light, Sun Burst, Resurgent Sun
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Bless, Holy Cleansing, Inspire Fervor, Symbol of Life, Sunblade Burst

Condition:
Affecting complete group: Blessed (+1 att bonus), resist 5 (all)

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
As Rodric's blast of holy power momentarily blinds the lich, Chizz delivers a knife to where the thing's guts would be if it had guts. He hits something solid and the bony horror flinches in what might be pain.

[sblock=actions]free: basic attack triggered by Rodric: hit for 11[/sblock]

Last edited:

tiornys

Explorer
At Rodric's shout, Asterion swings his hammer at the lich, smashing apart a few more bones. He then continues to try disrupting the ritual, intoning runes meant to interfere with the shielding energies about the archlich.

[sblock=Rune State: Destruction]Allies gain a +1 bonus to hit vs. enemies adjacent to Asterion.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mechanics]Free: make a MBA against the lich (granted by Rodric)--this hits AC 24 due to the +1 from Bless that I forgot to add to the roll

On turn:
Standard: Insight disrupting the ritual
Move: not used
Minor: not used
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 49/49 (11 temp HP) Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22 Fortitude: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 all Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) xx
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: 1 [x] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:
Rune State of Destruction, Rodric's resistance + Bless

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads