• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

Voda Vosa

First Post
The cleric is able to note some strange marks on the tile of the floor beneath the body.

Cliff studies the body, and deducted it was cut in halves by some sort of huge circular blade that came out from somewhere in the left wall (interior wall). The blade struck the man and cut it in halves. What triggered the blade, remains a mystery.

2 successes | 0 failures.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz looks carefully at the slot that the blade apparently comes out of. Observing the angle and direction it must take, he looks for a way to wedge something in the crack to block it, without exposing his fingers to being sliced off.

I think a piece of stone right here will jam up the mechanism. Would one of you healers prepare your limb- reattaching spell, jiust in case? He grins to hide his nervousness as he picks up a sharp rock and grinds it against the stone floor to reshape it into the dimensions he needs.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chizz manages to get the piece he needs for the job. It must work... It should work... Perhaps it works?

3 successes | 0 failures.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn uses Rodric's light to see by. He first looks at the stonework to see if he can spot anything unusual and thinks he notices something. Then he examines the facial expression and the body language portrayed in the way the parts fell, trying to learn something that way.
[sblock=Actions]Dungeoneering (1d20+3=22)
Insight (1d20+10=20)
Start:

Standard Action:
Move Action:
Minor Action:
End: [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 57/57 Bloodied 28; Healing Surges 14HP, 12/day
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5

Weapons in Hand: Shield & Javelin[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group combines their skills to bypass the trap safely. The rock in the slot works fine, as the group triggers the trap intently from a safe position. The blade comes out and jams enough time for Asterion to bash it downwards with a swing of his maul.

The group continues walking up the stairs, until they reach a chamber, battered by the pass of the years, and form a recent battle. There are an incredible amount of undead destroyed in the floor, as well as several recent corpses, some with the same mercenary emblem as the others the group has already seen, and others with elegant robes, with dark and golden patterns.
As the group surveys the area for more traps of clues, the hear the deaf coughing of someone. As they follow the sound, they find an agonizing mercenary, a tiefling. He is seated against the exterior wall, with a big gash in his abdomen. The black blood that runs from the wound and his mouth can be seen as he weakly raises his head to watch the approaching group.

Velmont

First Post
Cliff kneels near the Tiefling. "Asterion, your healing skill are better than mine. Can you put him back on feet easily?" As he asks so to the Minotaur, Cliff gently grab the Tiefling weapon to disarm the mercenary until the group know more about his story.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Heh, heh, heh..." the tiefling chuckles before letting out a painful cough, spurting up a bit of blood as he does so, then weakly replies, "as if disarming me would make me any less a threat. Believe me, if I wanted to do you harm, I would require no weapon."

Velmont

First Post
"We are in a prison, you can't deny caution is a good way to survive here... and as we wish to put you back in shape, keeping the weapon until we hear your story sounds wise to me... Asterion will take a care of you first, relax a moment, the pain will be gone soon."

Remove ads