Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Let's wait for the events to unfold themselves. We'll act in the precise time, not sooner, not later." says in a whisper the sorcerer to the dwarf. Is that when he hears the scream of the dwarf and shrugging he turns at the halfling he can see. Sheng takes the stance of the snake and makes quick cutting movements. His right hand turns green as magical acid surge from each of his pores. With the final movement, he sends the blob of acid towards the distracted halfling. The orb o caustic substance burns and eats through the little bugger's armor and flesh. A malicious look of satisfaction crosses Sheng's face, as he retreats behind the dwarf; an almost viperous smile, resembling the style he used.

[sblock=Actions]
Stdr: Acid Orb vs peeking halfling (U4): 20 vs ref for 15 dmg
Move: Move behind Hadrak (W11)
Minor: Laughs evilish
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Qynn d'Cealis, Eladrin Swordmage 1

Qynn moves forward, drawing his sword. His gaze fixed on the dwarven crossbowman.

[sblock=OOC]

Sorry, was a bit confused, but now back for action.
-----

Drawing sword
move to G6 (There isn't any chance to move adjacent to I5, is there?)
Aegis of Shielding on I5

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Qynn
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 29 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Aegis of Shielding, Sword Burst, Frigid Blade
Encounter Powers: Feystep, Chilling Blow
Daily Powers: Sweeping Frostblade

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation was too focused on the dwarf to see anything odd, but when he attacked, his intent was clear. Violence will only be the end of you. he intoned at the dwarf, a dark aura suddenly surrounding it. Dismissively, he called to the others The living speak easier than the dead; soften your blows. The dark rod in his hand pulses with power, a bolt of ash and brimstone the result. And then Incarnation steps back into the shadows.[sblock=Actions]Insight and Perception fail. Curse dwarf. Eldritch Blast Ref 15, 20hp, then step back to H9, gaining Shadow Walk concealment.[/sblock][sblock=Incarnation (concealed)]Incarnation—Male Warforged Infernal Warlock 3
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 42/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 11/11
+2 save vs. ongoing damage
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Hellish Rebuke

Fiery Bolt
Vampiric Embrace

Flames of Phlegethos
Warforged Resilience
Burning Gauntlets
Full character sheet[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Qynn]You can move through H6 (that's Dane) to either H5 or I6. H5 would put you on the stairs going down. You'd just barely be in melee range so the Dwarf would have cover against you.

H5 puts you on the same stairs, going up, as the dwarf. He's still above you, but no cover.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Update]Within the next six hours.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Qynn moves forward, drawing his sword. His gaze fixed on the dwarven crossbowman. The dwarf in turn pulls out his crossbow and swings it round at the incoming Eladrin, knocking his chin. He then moves back up the stairs, hurriedly.

The halfling at the right of the stage begins to make for the stairs but spots Sheng and Hadrak peering out of the hallway. He quickly pulls two daggers out, flinging one at the sorcerer before rushing into melee. The dagger strikes true, cutting across the man's forearm.

"We've got more in the side passage!"

The half-orc on stage reaches her hand out toward the audience and a moment later a longsword shimers into existence grasped tightly in her hand. She charges up the stairs, stage right, stopping just short of Dane.

The halfling she was speaking with looks to his brethren charging under the stairs and runs back into the audience. You can hear a door open and close a moment later.

As Dane and Qynn prepare to engage their targets they see a Teifling come into view briefly as he makes his way through the seats of the 2nd floor balcony heading towards stage left (right of the map).

[sblock=OOC]
Placed Qynn on I6.

Crossbowman 1 attacks Qynn. 20 vs Ac. Hits. 6 damage.

Qynn gets an Opportunity Attack.

Halfling 1 attacks Sheng. 15 vs AC. Hits. 5 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sheng]
You may want to reorder your actions. Since the Halfling moves before you, you are in melee before you're turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Incarnation]
The Crossbowman moved out of range.
[/sblock]

-------------------------------

Round 1

20 - Qynn - @I6 - 23/29 - ACTED
19 - Enemies
Dwarf w/ Crossbow @?? - ACTED
Someone 3rd Floor @?? - ??
Half-Orc @H5 - ACTED
Halfling 1 @W7 - ACTED
Halfling 2 @?? - ACTED
Tiefling @?? - ACTED
16 - Sheng - @W8 - 21/26 - PENDING
14 - Dane - @H6- 42/42
14 - Hadrak - @W9- 42/42
14 - Incarnation - @G7- 42/42 - PEnDING
14 - Rurdev - @H7 - 36/36

MAPS!

The stage is about 2 1/2 feet above the rest of the ground floor.
The pit in front of the stage is 2 1/2 feet lower than the ground floor. The long hallway that Sheng and Hadrak are emerging from is at a very slight incline. The two statues on stage take up a 10 by 10 space each. The curtains are tall enough to exist on the first and second floors. The second floor is about ten feet above the ground floor.

There is no guard fail on the stairs or between H7 and I7.

[sblock=1st Floor]
MapGr07.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=2nd Floor]
Map2nd07.png

[/sblock]

And a glmipse of the 3rd now that Qynn is forward. Squares with with lights in them do not block line of effect but do provide cover. The walkways have metal railings.

[sblock=3rd Floor]
Map3rd07.png

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Shifting would put you either in the halfling's square or Hadrak's square. The latest map has removed the stairs in front of the door to make things more clear.

I don't have my book in front of me, but I don't think you can end your turn in Hadrak's square. You could still do you're move, and then attack, but you will provoke an OA.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'll risk the AoO, since I can get out or reach, and the attack roll was superb. Sheng will move out and receive the hit if he can't avoid it.

Remove ads