Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just a hair of auto-ing in order to get things moving.[/sblock]

The group travels down a long dirt road, chatting idly, occasionally asking questions, but trying to stay relatively alert. Jams for his part is not very good at answering questions, having seen only little of the creatures not knowing anything about them.

As the day wanes into evening it becomes quite clear that the party will need to camp for the night. Montroya's eyes notice something in the darkness, and soon Callen is able to confirm the movement as well. A defensible hill is found nearby and the party makes for it, at only a slightly increased pace, so as not to provoke the beasts to charge early.

As the front line hits the hill, the wolves close the distance and it becomes clear that the enemy is much larger than regular wolves. Soldier hangs back away from Jarel to try and cover the party better.

[sblock=ooc]Starting postion is based on you're walking order. If you want to change you're starting position slightly just say so BEFORE I make the first post for the wolves.

Mri'thas and Soldier beat the initiative of the wolves so you get to make the first actions. This is a full round, not a surprise round. Once they have acted I'll post for Jams and the Wolves.

Once the enemy has gone you may post in any order, and we will begin alternating PCs and villains.[/sblock]

------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 1

19 - Mri'Thas - @L8
19 - Soldier - @J6
22 - Jams - @J8
19 - Enemies
Dire Wolf 1 - @I2
Dire Wolf 2 - @L1
Dire Wolf 3 - @S13
Dire Wolf 4 - @R15
Dire Wolf 5 - @C13
Dire Wolf 6 - @A10
16 - Kama'zer - @G11
13 - Montroya - @I11
12 - Jarel-Karn - @M11
8 - Callen - @K10
8 - Ts'iri - @H9

[sblock=Reading the Map]Brown circles are tree trunks. These Block LoS/LoE and can be used as cover.

The green line separates elevation. Attacking from a higher elevation grants you a +1 to the attack roll.

Grey is an outcropping of rocks. All grey squares count as difficult terrain. You cannot move from a grass square to a rock square over an elevation line, without making an athletics check. You cannot move from a rocks square to a grass square over an elevation line without making an acrobatics check. You cannot make melee attacks without reach, between a grass square and a rock sqaure, that is separated by the elevation line.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
hillPCs1.png
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mri'Thas turns, then he turns again, seeing the situation, he decides to slow one of the wolf's advance. Even as he takes a better position, he pronounce deep hissing words, conjuring a ray of ice from his open palm towards one of the wolves.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to J9
Ray of frost on Wolf 3: 12 vs fortitude for 12 damage, and slowed if hit.[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier readies himself to attack if any of the beasts gets to close

[sblock=Action Details]
Standard Action:Ready Crushing Surge to attack if any of the beasts moves adjacent to him(1d20+10=hit ac 21 for 1d12+6=8 damage; Soldier gains 8 THP and the enemy is marked)
Move Action:N/A
Minor Action:N/A
[/sblock]

[sblock=Soldier stat Line]Soldier- Male Warforged Fighter 4
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:23, Fort:18, Reflex:15, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:57/57 +8THP, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:13/13
Initiative +3, Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike , Steel Serpent Strike, Sweeping Blow, Warforged Resolve, Lasting Threat, Boundless Endurance
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Mri'Thas turns, then he turns again, seeing the situation, he decides to slow one of the wolf's advance. Even as he takes a better position, he pronounce deep hissing words, conjuring a ray of ice from his open palm towards one of the wolves, the wolf seems to move right through, shrugging off the rays effects.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to J9
Ray of frost on Wolf 3: 12 vs fortitude for 12 damage, and slowed if hit. **Miss[/sblock]

Soldier readies himself to attack if any of the breast gets to close. Meanwhile, behind him Jams pulls his crossbow, loads a bolt and fires past the forged' shoulder, into one of the charging wolves.

[sblock=ooc]Soldier: Standard Action:Ready Crushing Surge to attack if any of the beasts moves adjacent to him

Jams: Minor to pull crossbow. Move to load. Standard to fire vs Wolf 2. 21 vs AC, 10 damage.[/sblock]

The wolves move in swiftly, running as pairs then splitting off slightly for the attack. The two to the north come in strongly against Soldier. The first wolf dives for a bite, but the warrior is ready and strikes firmly against it. The wolf is batted aside and the second comes in stronger, but not strong enough to pierce through soldier's armor.

The two wolves to the south east come up against Jarel-Karn guarding his side of the hill top. The storm soul didn't have quite the reaction time as his ally and the beasts take the offensive. The first one takes a bite on the warriors wrist, and Jarel manages to put up a shield of force to keep out the brunt of the attack. The second dives low for the legs, knocking the warrior prone in the process.

On the other side of the hill the wolves split further. One goes after Kama'zer finding an exposed spot near the shoulder. The other strike Ts'iri slashing across a forearm.

[sblock=Actions]
Wolf 1 charges Soldier
Soldier: Standard Action:Ready Crushing Surge to attack if any of the beasts moves adjacent to him(1d20+10=hit ac 21 for 1d12+6=8 damage; Soldier gains 8 THP and the enemy is marked)
Wolf 1's charge 17 vs AC, 2's charge is 22 vs AC, both miss.

Wolf 3 and 4 charge Jarel-Karn. [URL="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2393525/"]27 vs AC for 9 damage, crit vs AC for 12 damage and prone.
Interrupt, Channeling Shield on 1st attack. Negate 8 points of damage and +3 damage to enxt attack.

Wolf 5 charges Kama'zer. Crit, 12 damage.

Wolf 6 charges Ts'iri. 26 vs AC, 11 damage.
[/sblock]

------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 1

19 - Mri'Thas - @J9 - 38/38 - Acted
19 - Soldier - @J6 - 57/57 - Acted
22 - Jams - @J8 - Acted
19 - Enemies - AC 19 - Acted
Dire Wolf 1 - @I5 - -8 hp, Marked
Dire Wolf 2 - @K5 - -10 hp
Dire Wolf 3 - @N11
Dire Wolf 4 - @M12
Dire Wolf 5 - @F11
Dire Wolf 6 - @G9
16 - Kama'zer - @G11 - 39/51 -
13 - Montroya - @I11 - 36/36 -
12 - Jarel-Karn - @M11 - 43/50 - Prone
8 - Callen - @K10 - 45/45 -
8 - Ts'iri - @H9 - 40/51 -

Round 2

19 - Mri'Thas -
19 - Soldier -

[sblock=Reading the Map]Brown circles are tree trunks. These Block LoS/LoE and can be used as cover.

The green line separates elevation. Attacking from a higher elevation grants you a +1 to the attack roll.

Grey is an outcropping of rocks. All grey squares count as difficult terrain. You cannot move from a grass square to a rock square over an elevation line, without making an athletics check. You cannot move from a rocks square to a grass square over an elevation line without making an acrobatics check. You cannot make melee attacks without reach, between a grass square and a rock sqaure, that is separated by the elevation line.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
hillPCs2.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Just for your information, if you look at my first post of the thread, I announce that Jarel-karn got 6 Temporary Hit Point from his Restful Bedroll. That means Jeral-karn should be at 35/50.

I'll post my action once Montroya and Kama'zer have done so.[/SBLOCK]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer takes the charge of the wolf and growls right back in its face. Swinging hard at it with her new Githyanki sword, she unleashes its power as she strikes the wolf, tearing a hole between planes and knocking the creature through before the hole closes behind it. With a quick command, she moves Ts'siri and Montroya to better positions before shifting herself to flank the remaining wolf between her and Ts'siri. Sadly, all the extra effort she puts into her strike is wasted as it goes horribly wide of the mark.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= 39/51 hps

Standard= Steel Monsoon at Wolf 5 (1d20+13=28, 2d8+6=9) Hit AC 28 for lousy 9 damage and shift Ts'iri to G8, and Montroya to H11.

Free= Foe Banishing from Githyanki Silver Sword daily power [Wolf 5 banished to demiplane, disappears/can't take actions (save ends)]

Move= Shift to G10 (flanking Wolf 6)

Action Point/Standard Action= Wolf Pack Tactics at Wolf 6 with +2 to hit from flanking CA (1d20+13+2=16, 1d8+6=14) Darnit! Natural 1 on the AP attack roll for a miss. Decline the granted shift so that Ts'iri still has flanking.

Minor=

End= 39/51 hps
[sblock=stat block]Kama'zer Anma'giduu- Female Githyanki Warlord 6
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +14, Init: +11
AC: 21, Fort: 19, Reflex: 18, Will: 17 -- Speed: 5
HP: 39/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones: 0
:bmelee:Basic Attack +2 Githyanki Silver Longsword +13 vs AC 1d8+6 damage -- Crit = 8+2d8+6 dmg
:branged: Ranged Basic Attack Javelin +10 vs AC 1d6+4 damage Range 10/20 -- Hvy Thrown
Powers- Opening Shove, Wolf Pack Tactics,
Warlord's Favor, Inspiring Word x2, Telekinetic Leap, Steel Monsoon, Aid the Injured
Lead the Attack, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough
Githyanki Silver Longsword- Foe Banishing(Daily), Exalted Armor(Daily), Cloak of Resistance(Daily), Shield of Bashing(Daily), Luckbender Gloves(Encounter), Githyanki Silver Longsword- psychic damage(At-Will)
Combat notes:-Commanding (Tactical) Presence: When ally who can see warlord spends an action point to make an attack, they gain +1 bonus on attack roll (1/2 Int modifier) and +3 bonus to damage from Tactical Assault feat[/sblock][/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Now I am thinking of it, I will also use my immediate interrupt this round. Channeling Shield. I block 8 points of damage from the first attack. That put me at 43/50 and my next attack will get a +3 damage.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
Callen launches a magic missile at the nearest dire wolf, the small missile slamming into it.

[sblock=ooc]apologies for the lack of posting. Trying to play catch up on a lot of projects. With Callen's sheet finally finished he's good to go, just need approvals before you award XP :)

Actions:
Standard: mm vs. 3 (1d20+11=28, 2d4+7=10)

[sblock=stat block]Callen Stewart - Male Human Wizard 6
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:22, Will:21 -- Speed:6
HP:45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3, Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Magic Missile, Scorching Burst, Thunderwave,
Burning Hands, Fire Shroud,
Shield*,
Expeditious Retreat
Wizard's Escape, Fire Shield*
Summon Fire Warrior, Sleep*, Flaming Sphere
Fireball*, Phantasmal Assailant, Summon Abyssal Maw
Healing Word

Gloves of Piercing, Staff of Defense
* memorized[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya raises his rod at the wolves. He felt a certain kinship for them somehow, but they were a threat to their safety. Looking to the sky, the deva calls upon Apoli's Light. His implement glows and Callen, moves away from the wolves threatening Jarel-Karn, feeling comfort from the warming rays. The glow transfers around to the wolf near Jarel-Karn, threatening harm if it does not relent.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Offering of Justice on wolf 4. No attack roll. If the wolf attacks before the end of it's next turn it takes: 15 radiant damage. If it doesn't attack it gains 5 temp hp. offering of justice on wolf (2d10+5=15)
Free: Slide Callen to K9[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Montroya
Init: +8
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 21
AC: 20* Fort: 16* Ref: 18* Will: 18*
HP: 36/36 Bloodied: 18 Surges: 8/8(8)
AP: 1
Hand of Radiance
Vanguard's Lightning
Wild Shape
Memory of a thousand lifetimes