Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn eagerly takes advantage of the opening provided by Jax and Andras, pounding the ghost warrior with a further explosion of acid (Acid Orb with +5 power and Sneak in the Attack deals 47 damage total)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]

Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demon-Soul Adept 13

Immediate Reactions:
If hit, use Narrow Escape to take 1/2 damage and teleport away

Current Effects:
resist 10 necrotic, ignore 10 necrotic resistance
Enemies need 1 extra square of movement to move adjacent to Dorn

Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 15
AC 26, Fort 24, Reflex 24, Will 27 (base defenses)
HP +18TMP 87/93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 23, Surges 6/7
Speed 7, Initiative +14
Action Points: 0

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: psychic
Dorn starts each combat with 5 tmp hp (from Fey Blessed Circlet)
Dorn has CA on surprise round and against enemies with lower init 1st round
Dorn uses the raw d20 (no mods) for all even/odd effects
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20
Dorn gets CA against enemies that are being flanked by his allies
When an enemy crits Dorn, Dorn can crit that enemy on a roll of 17-20 TENT
When using a close arcane attack power, Dorn can choose a square within 2 as the origin

Encounter Resources
USED Primordial Storm
USED Demon-Soul Bolts
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Spark Form
USED Furious Assault (no action)
Lightning Shift (move)
USED Variable Resistance (minor)
Narrow Escape
Periapt of Cascading Health (minor)
Half-Orc Resilience (no action)
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Demonic Wrath (minor)
Gambit Armor (minor)
Luckblade Dagger
Deep Shroud (minor)
Diamond Cincture (minor)
Antipathy Gloves (std)
Soul of the Bat (minor)

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
ROMA VICTOR!

OOC: Summary:
Sir Exsixten is at N8 with 12+108/116 and grants CA to the warrior.
Warrior takes 34 damage, is marked, and has -1 AC(save ends).
Terror takes at least 11 damage at the start of its turn and dies.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Shift 5 to N14.
Standard: Brash Strike vs Warrior: 1d20+19+2(CA)+2(Quagmire)=37 vs AC, hit, 1d12+15+5(Quagmire)+5(Andras)+2(THP)=34 damage, marked, -1 AC(save ends), Sir Exsixten grants CA to it.
*Attack vs Warrior 3: 1d20+17+2(CA)=37 vs AC, hit, 1d12+10+2(THP)=23 damage, marked, -1 AC(save ends), Sir Exsixten gains 12 THP.
Move: Run to N8.
Start of Enemy Turns: 1d12+3+5(Quagmire)+2(THP)=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3585273/minimum 11 damage to Terror. It's dead.

Immediate Actions(in order of priority):
*If Sir Exsixten is bloodiedReactive Surge + Amulet of Life: Sir Exsixten spends two healing surges, gaining 10THP+66HP
*If a marked enemy adjacent to Sir Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include himCombat Challenge: MBA against that enemy
*If an enemy hits an ally within 2 squares of Sir Exsixten with a melee attack→Guardian's Charge: Sir Exsixten and the ally shift to each other's squares, Sir Exsixten becomes the target of the attack, and then makes an MBA against the attacker.

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock] Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter/Dreadnaught 11
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 28, Fort:27, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:12+108/116, Bloodied:58, Surge Value:33, Surges left:9/14
Initiative +6, Action Points: 0

Powers
: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Unfailing Resources, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Inexorable Advance, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shout, Warforged Resolve, Reactive Surge, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing, Potion of Resistance x 1, Madstone x 3, Strikebacks, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture, Werewolf Boon
MBA/RBA: +17(+20 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP when enemy fails save *Gain 10 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls *+2 damage with THP *Gain DR10 TsnT on AP *Gain 5+Healing Surges spent THP on short rest *Adjacent enemy grants CA if ally also adjacent to enemy[/sblock][/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
GM: To keep things moving I'll wrap up the encounter, they are almost dead, uh again, anyway.

Quagmire smashes his weapon into the ghost warrior leaving an opening for Jax to strike and deliver a finishing blow. Meanwhile Brenn shoots at the last ghost, dissipating it into the ether.

THAT'S IT! NO MORE ADVENTURERS FOR ME! Uncle Jaz shouts. I'M TIRED OF BEING ATTACKED AND, um, uh, MISSING. STUPID STUPID CROSSBOW! he says throwing it on the ground.

Now lets get the rest of the gold and get out of here before something else happens! he says producing a bag of holding and motioning the group to start shoveling stuff in.

GM: Treasure:
Quagmire:Trollskin armor lvl 15 (scale)

Brenn: Deathcut leather +3

A while later the party makes their way back to the ship. I thin fog blankets the island area bringing with it a slight chill to the air. As they reach the ship they find everything deathly quiet. No noise can be heard from the crew. The only sound they can hear is the splashing of the waves against the hull.

Climbing on they are greeted by a startling sight. The whole deck is covered with the bodies of the crew. Upon closer inspection the party sees that they are all dead. They were sliced, burned, punctured and bashed with a variety of weapons.

Only one living creature can be seen. The large figure is leaning over a body.

mmm tastes like salt water taffy the metallic figure says and with a clang his faceplate slides back into place. Turning around you come face to faceplate with a Warforged with similar looks to Sir ExSixTen, except he has a goatee painted on and blue minuses on his armor.

greeting comrades! he says in his mechanical voice. i am count tensixex totally radical hybrid blackguard|vampire! i have come through many lands and game systems to be here. first it was the darkness of worlds, but next the gm wanted to play in the buffyverse... and then he wanted to play a freeform twilight rpg and that is where i drew the line! so i switched groups and ended up in the loft of ravens and-

It is good to see you here Jaz. A suave voice says and a Tiefling steps into view. Unlike most of his kind he has distinct traits of both his demon and human lineage.

hey i was talking!

Your little escapade was entertaining to say the least, but it ends here. Just pay me whatever you found on that little adventure of yours and we'll call it the down payment. Hastings Wellington says.

Kill! Burn! Blast! mutters a Mul cloaked in robes excitedly as he steps into view.

Ah yes, I was getting to that brother. he snaps his figures and several more people walk into view. A beautiful Eladrin women who smiles at Brenn, Brenn instantly recognizes her as the one who spied on them at the Hanged Man. A fiery female holding a mace, appears to the right and to your surprise a male Goblyn in heavy armor to the left, the same race as you encountered in your last adventure.

Behind them a small figure tries to hide, he looks like a rat or a small dog but Jax recognizes as cousin Dak, a Kobold who was born scaleless. Uncle Jaz is hiding behind Sir ExSixTen as well, knees trembling.

As you can see even your relations have betrayed you. So if you will just hand me the money I'll take this boat and be one my way. If not... Hastings Wellington says with a smirk.

OOC: @pathfinderq1 you mentioned earlier that you may drop out of the adventure, did you still plan on doing that? This is the last encounter (assuming the party chooses to fight). :)

covaithe

Explorer
"Sorry, just tryin' ta make sure I understand ye. Ye'r threatening us?" He snorts, and shakes his head dismissively. "Guess you folks ain't been payin' attention. Why don't you an' Buffy here run on back t'yer daddy? Threaten t'give an interview with the Screamer if he don't raise yer allowance. Easier money than this gig, bub." He makes a shooing motion. "Just run along now, or we'll have to do this the easy way."

OOC: Mmm, smack talk!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
greeting comrades! he says in his mechanical voice. i am count tensixex totally radical hybrid blackguard|vampire! i have come through many lands and game systems to be here. first it was the darkness of worlds, but next the gm wanted to play in the buffyverse... and then he wanted to play a freeform twilight rpg and that is where i drew the line! so i switched groups and ended up in the loft of ravens and-

YOU LOOK LIKE A SUITABLE ARCH-NEMESIS SIR, THOUGH I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHAT SEMI-CIRCULAR DOOR LINTELS HAD TO DO WITH ULTIMATE, RECURRING FOES... MAYBE THAT'S NOT RIGHT EITHER AS NO FOE WHO FACES SIR EXSIXTEN IS ALLOWED A CHANCE TO RECUR.

THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK, GEARBRAIN. WHEN THE MOMENT IS RIGHT, I'LL RE-CUR YOU AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DO ABOUT IT, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<'MWAHA SCRIPT' DOES NOT SEEM TO BE RESPONDING, ABORT?>

I CAN EMPATHIZE WITH YOUR PLIGHT AS I WANTED TO PLAY ROBOTECH, THE GM SAID "NO, 4TH EDITION" SO I SAID, "HOW ABOUT MECHWARRIOR?" AND HE SAID "NO, 4TH EDITION" SO I SAID I'M GOING TO MAKE A GIANT ROBOT WHATEVER WE PLAY JUST TO SPITE YOU AND HE POUTED AND I MADE A GIANT ROBOT OF AWESOMENESS.

OOC: Is this the same encounter? If not, did we get a short rest?

Dekana

Explorer
Jax ignores Wellington entirely, along with the robots who continually break the fourth wall. He instead points at cousin Dak.

"Dak, are you mad? Get over here, quick! My band of killers is way stronger than the evil opposites you're with. I mean, we've killed three dragons! Three!!"

Remove ads