Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
HAH, TRANSFORMING INTO A BAT? SIR EXSIXTEN NEEDS NO SUCH CHEAP TRICKS! AS FOR BECOMING A HYBRID, SIR EXSIXTEN'S SUPERIOR BREED CANNOT BEAR THE TOUCH OF LESSER-

With a sudden screech of tortured metal he transforms into this:

konig_wolf_the_insurrection_by_liger_inuzuka-d38bix1.png

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA <ERROR: 'MWAHA SCRIPT STILL NOT RESPONDING, ABORT?>

CUR EXSIXTEN IS HERE TO MAKE YOU ALL HIS BITCHES! GET IT? IT'S A CANINE JOKE, MADE APROPOS BY MY CURRENT (BADASS) FORM.

He leaps forward and tears into Glugyug, Dak, and Hastings.

CORRECTION: UPON REFLECTION, A BAD ASS WOULD BE AN INFERIOR VERSION OF AN ALREADY STERILE HYBRID EQUINE. MAKE THAT "MY CURRENT ROCKINSUPERCOOLAWESOMEWOLF FORM."

OOC: Thanks to all Dorn's sorcerations, don't even need to use Come and Get It this turn. Save it for when they get back on the boat.
Summary:
Sir Exsixten is in Q15 at 5+106/116 hp in wolf form.
Dak, Glugyug, and Hastings each take 21 damage, are marked, and have -1 to AC(save ends)

[sblock=Actions]Free: Shift 5 to S18.
Minor: Werewolf Boon: Sir Exsixten takes wolf form, speed +1
Move: Move to Q15.
Standard: Sweeping Blow:
*Attack 1 vs Dak: 1d20+19+2(CA)+3(Dorn)=31 AC, hit, marked, -1 to AC(save ends)
*Attack 2 vs Glugyug: 1d20+19+2(CA)+3(Dorn)=40 AC, marked, -1 to AC(save ends)
*Attack 3 vs Hastings: 1d20+19+3(Dorn)=31 AC, marked, -1 to AC(save ends)
*Damage: 1d12+8+2(THP)=11 (reroll 1)=21 damage.

Immediate Actions(in order of priority):
*If Sir Exsixten is bloodiedReactive Surge + Amulet of Life: Sir Exsixten spends two healing surges, gaining 10THP+66HP
*If a marked enemy adjacent to Sir Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include himCombat Challenge: MBA against that enemy
*If an enemy hits an ally within 2 squares of Sir Exsixten with a melee attack→Guardian's Charge: Sir Exsixten and the ally shift to each other's squares, Sir Exsixten becomes the target of the attack, and then makes an MBA against the attacker.

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock] Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter/Dreadnaught 11
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 28, Fort:27, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:5+106/116, Bloodied:58, Surge Value:33, Surges left:9/14
Initiative +6, Action Points: 1

Powers
: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Unfailing Resources, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Inexorable Advance, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shout, Warforged Resolve, Reactive Surge, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing, Potion of Resistance x 1, Madstone x 3, Strikebacks, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture, Werewolf Boon
MBA/RBA: +17(+20 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP when enemy fails save *Gain 10 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls *+2 damage with THP *Gain DR10 TsnT on AP *Gain 5+Healing Surges spent THP on short rest *Adjacent enemy grants CA if ally also adjacent to enemy[/sblock][/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
"Ahh! You're all monsters!" Uncle Jaz cries out upon seeing the canine and demon party members. But he has his own problems (like being set on fire), so he tries to refocus himself on the fighting.

The kobold scurries back to the upper deck of the ship, turns, and looses a pair of crossbow bolts at the genasi in the water. It's a little difficult to see the effect of the attack through the water and the magical darkness, but the first bolt at least elicits a scream from the woman.

Uncle Jaz takes another look at Dorn flying menacingly in the air. He then retreats even further to the rear of the ship.

[sblock=Uncle Jaz actions]Start of turn: 10 fire damage from ongoing. Uncle Jaz is at 37/91.

Free: I'll take the 5 shift to U14.

Move: Trapmaker's Trick.

Free: Backstab #2 .

Standard: RBA vs Sardna hits AC 40 for 32 damage, and Sardna has -2 defenses TENT Uncle Jaz. (1d20+22+2+3-2=40; 1d8+8=14; 3d6=8; 2d6=10)

AP-Standard: RBA vs Sardna misses AC 27, but Uncle Jaz still regains 13 hp from the WL bonus and makes a save at +5, which succeeds. He's at 50/91. (Atk: 1d20+22+2+2-2=27, Save: 1d20+5=19)
--Skirmishing Presence: Shift to Z15.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Seeing Dorn wind up for a magical burst, Quagmire uses Andras' distraction to dart behind one of the port side cannons. "I wonder if there be sharks in these waters," he bellows, seeing several foes go overboard. "Let's find out!" With a grotesque popping sound of strained and twisted cartilage, he transforms into a hybrid shark/hobgoblin monster. He quickly stabs down into the prone kobold foe, chanting a battle cry, then leaps into the water. His sharklike form disappears cleanly beneath the waves, but a cry of pain from Hastings a moment later reveals his position.

[sblock=actions]
On Andras' turn: shift to P14 from Reorient the Axis
Minor: soul of the shark, transform in to shark hybrid.
Standard: Stand the fallen vs. Dak, 31 vs. AC hits for 27 damage, and allies within 5 can spend a surge and heal surge+7.
Move: Jump in the water, to N13. Maybe down a bit; see next lines.
AP: Ok, here's what I want to do: grab Hastings and pull him under water, preferably with my teeth as part of a bite attack. I can breathe and have a swim speed, as well as functioning arms and such; hopefully that will give him some nice meaty penalties in the water. (Is it clear water, or murky? I.e. does it provide concealment or cover or anything? Also, are there actual sharks around?) Failing that, I'll just bite him and try to keep him from climbing back in the boat. Here's a bite attack:
Hits 34 AC for 24 dmg. From using an AP near Andras, I get to shift 5 before or after. If I'm allowed to grab him, I want to go straight down with that. If not allowed, or if that doesn't work, I'll shift around to the north side of him, like L13.[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord/Battlelord of Kord 12
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC:28, Fort:26, Reflex:23, Will:26 -- Speed:5
HP:51/82, Bloodied:41, Surge Value:20, Surges left:7/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
MBA +18 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
Powers
Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Body of the Shark, Throwing shield
Inspiring Word x3 [ ][ ][ ], Hammer and Anvil, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition, Tactical Orders, Tempest of Triumph,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Blood-tested Inspiration, Soul of the Shark, Dwarven Chainmail, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Conditions:

Notes:
  • When I spend an AP, I can make a basic attack as a free action, and Allies who can see and hear me gain +1 to attack and damage rolls until start of my next turn.
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 13 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
  • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
@Iron Sky Your wolf form makes you lose you shield bonus to AC, did you still want to use it or would you want to use your more powerful hybrid form which allows you to keep your shield? (as well as give you +2 power bonus to speed and damage and 6 regenerate when not bloodied). :)

[sblock=Dm notes please ignore]
GM: All allies gain +3 to hit for one turn from Dorn. Only works once

I'll say anything underwater is heavily obscured. No sharks.. yet at least.

GM: All allies gain +3 to hit for one turn from Dorn. Only works once

I'll say anything underwater is heavily obscured and it does not effect Quagmire. No sharks.. yet at least.

they say i am batty, but i disagree. Count TenSixEx says, turning into a bat and flying towards the other side of the deck. male genasi warlord are you related to female genasi death domain cleric? because if your not- hey get back here! he shouts trying to slash Andras as Sir ExSixTen rushes in to defend and gets hit instead.

male warforged fighter let me sire you
. you will become hybrid gangrel|fighter and join the masquerade! it gives good benefits like 401K and an extended lifetime plan! the Warforged says.

LESS TALKING, MORE FIGHTING! Hasting yells.

I spit on your questionable heritage Hobgoblin!
Hasting says distracting Quagmire, rushing in and stabing Quagmire with his rapier striking a vital organ, then following up with an attack with his main-gauche. He attacks again, but fails to penetrate Quagmire's armor.

Heheheh...Boom, boom! Dorm Wellington shouts, summoning up a giant fireball and flinging it at the party, lighting Jax, Dorn and Uncle Jax on fire, but failing to effect Andras.

Heal bosssss mannn! The Goblyn says, summoning up magic from the dark powers of Ravenloft to heal Hastings.

Eat tasty kobold! he shouts attacking Uncle Jax with his double axe and biting onto him with his teeth.

Ahh! Get this thing off me! Uncle Jax cries trying to shake Glugyug off.

Ummm...take this! Cousin Dak says, stealthy moving over next to Uncle Jaz and throwing dirt in the party's eyes. Only Jax fails to close his eyes in time.

Oh-oh that did not work out well...

You are going to need more healing than that sweety. Sardna says, healing the rest of Hasting's wounds with her powers.

Your magic is nothing compared to mine! Darkness come to me!
the female fire Genasi shouts at Dorn, summoning a shadowy aura around her and blocking out most of the enemies from view.

[sblock=actions]
Count TenSixEx:
Move: R16

Minor:Warforge's resolve, Count makes a save and gains 15 THP.
saved vs AC penality

Standard: Taste of life vs Cur ExSixTen (Free spending 15 TP to add +15 to damage), 41 vs AC, 35 damage and Count gains 20 THP.
Free: Blood Drinker: the attack does an extra 2 damage (37 damage) and the Count heals a surge worth of HP.

Hastings:
Minor: Cruel Taunt burst 5 vs Quagmire.
miss

rolls
Standard: Rapier vs Quagmire 26 vs AC miss

Minor: Low slash 29 vs AC 17 damage.

saved vs ongoing

Dorm the Destroyer:
Standard: Searing Ray, three attacks
Note: Dorm ignores all resistance from being a pyromancer.
rolls
Jax: 35 vs ref hit for 18 fire damage and healing surge value is halved (save ends)
Dorn: crit hit for 24 fire damage and healing surge value is halved (save ends)
Cur ExSixTen: miss

Glugyug:
Move:Stand

Standard:Sweeping assault vs CurExSixTen, 39 vs AC, 35 damage and Sardna spends a surge.

Cousin Dak:
Move: Stand
Standard:Dagger vs Cur ExSixTen
35 vs AC 26 damage and Cur ExSixTen is slowed EONT

Sardna:
Free:Mar's blessing on Dak, he heals 40 HP.

Move:Crawl up to P14

Minor:Sustain deep shroud

Standard: Lance of Dark Faith vs Cur ExSIxTen 34 vs ref 22 damage and Count TenExSix Gains +2 to the next attack against Cur ExSIxTen

[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]
Hastings Wellington, Male Tiefling, marked EONT, -1 to AC (save ends)
HP172/282; Bloodied 141,
AC 29; Fortitude 26; Reflex 30; Will 29

Saving Throws
+2; Action Points 1

Dorm (The Destroyer) Wellington, Male Mul

HP 166; Bloodied 83
AC 29; Fortitude 25; Reflex 27; Will 26

Count TenSixEx, Male Warforged
HP 143/189; Bloodied 95, marked by Sir ExSixTen EONT
AC 32; Fortitude 32; Reflex 24; Will 24
Resistant: 10 Necrotic
Variability: 10 Radiant

Sardna, Female Firesoul Genasi, concealment, 10 ongoing, -2 to AC EONT Jaz.
HP 42/143; Bloodied 72
AC 31; Fortitude 26; Reflex 27; Will 29
Aura 2: thick, writhing shadows surround Sardna. She and any other allys within the aura gain concealment. In addition, enemies that enter or start their turns within the aura take 5 necrotic damage, and enemies (including flying ones) also treat the area within the aura as difficult terrain. Sardna can sustain the aura as a minor action. However, the effect ends if she uses shadow jaunt or moves more than half her speed on her turn.

Cousin Dak, Male Kobold, concealment, 10 ongoing (save ends), prone, marked EONT, -1 to AC (save ends)
HP 20/150; Bloodied 75
AC 31; Fortitude 26; Reflex 27; Will 29

Glugyug, Male Goblyn, marked EONT, -1 to AC (save ends)
HP 106/171; Bloodied 86
AC 30; Fortitude 29; Reflex 26; Will 28

Sir ExSixTen:5+116/116, werewolf form (+2 power bonus to speed,+2 power bonus to damage, 6 regenerate when not bloodied).
Dorn: 93/93, Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured, melee and ranged attacks from more than one square away take a -5, and adjacent melee and ranged take -2, 10 ongoing fire damage (save ends), +3 to hit against EONT, flight EONT
Jax:49/88,
Andras:81/81
Quagmire: 51/82,
Uncle Jaz: 79/91
[/sblock]

[sblock=Uncle Jaz (updated with more to hit and extra backstab usage)]
Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief) Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
HP 91; Bloodied 46
AC
27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
Speed
Saving Throws
+2; Action Points 1
Initiative
+17 Perception +19

Traits:
Sneak Attack

Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

Masterful Action

When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

Standard Actions:
(Note: Jaz does not have to reload his crossbow).
RBA: Custom Made Hand Crossbow • At-Will
Attack:
Ranged 5; +22 vs. AC
Hit:
1d8 + 8.

Standard Actions:
MBA: Dagger
Attack:
Melee 1; +18 vs. AC
Hit:
1d4

Move Actions:
Technical Trick • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

Trapmaker's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Coward's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Minor Actions

R Sneak in the Attack • Encounter
Effect:
Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

Shifty • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz shifts 1 square.

Free Actions:

Backstab • Encounter

Effect:
Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.
Special: Jaz can use this twice per encounter.

Triggered Actions:

It's a Trap! • Encounter

Requirements:
An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
Effect (Immediate Reaction):
Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

Skills
Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

Alignment:
unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]
The barrels, cannons, boxes etc. are difficult terrain.

The party is currently on the upper level, they can go down the stairs or just off the bannister to reach the lower level. Climbing up to the upper level without using the stairs requires a DC 18 athletics check.

Characters can be pushed off in the water but get a save. You can use ropes on the ship to climb back up out of the water, this requires no check but takes a full move action.

The round wooden things is the mast, You can pass through but not end your turn in the square.

Underwater is heavily obscured and it does not effect Quagmire. No sharks yet at least.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
@Iron Sky Your wolf form makes you lose you shield bonus to AC, did you still want to use it or would you want to use your more powerful hybrid form which allows you to keep your shield? (as well as give you +2 power bonus to speed and damage and 6 regenerate when not bloodied). :)

OOC: I mostly did it for fluff purposes. I guess I might as well pop my daily, so add 2 damage to each dude I hit.

Remove ads