• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

Luinnar

First Post
Foul scaly knaves, thou pit shalt not hamper me any longer! Draglin shouts in triumph, scampering out of the pit. Have at thee! he shouts, charging the dragon mage.

After the first blow strikes the second misses its mark. Curses!

Come and get me foul fiends!
he shouts, taunting the nearby dragon men who move towards him. Draglin laughs and uses this opportunity to slash everyone around him with his swords.

[sblock=actions]
Move to I23 32 athletics
Standard:Charge MD, 28 vs AC, hit for 14 damage, he is marked EONT.
Action Point:
Free: MBA vs MD (Max ability) 19 vs AC, miss.
Standard:Come and Get It! Burst 3
rolls
MD: 22 vs will takes 9 damage (if hit), marked EONT
S1:30 vs will pulled to D22, takes 9 damage, marked EONT
S2:34 vs will pulled to D24, takes 9 damage, marked EONT
S3:24 vs will pulled to C24, takes 9 damage, marked EONT

Minor:Kirre's Roar, Draglin gets 4 damage resistance EONT.[/sblock]
[sblock=Draglin Stat Block]
Draglin, Dragonborn Fighter 7
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 13
AC 24, Fort 21, Reflex 20, Will 14
HP 49/64 Bloodied 32 Surge Value 17, Surges 10/10
Speed 6, Initiative +7
Action Points: 0

Basic Attack Short Sword; +15, 1d6+13(+14 w/ CA) creature is marked hit or miss, if used because of an OA from movement the creature stops moving (but may take another action to move again).

Combat Challenge: At Will Immediate Interrupt Melee
Trigger: When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Draglin.
Effect: Sir Draglin makes a melee basic attack against that enemy

Footwork Lure
Dual Strike

Combat Challenge

Distracting Spate
Come and Get it!
Battle Fury Stance
Rain of Blows
Kirre's Roar
Dragon Breath
Feral Hide Armor +2
Amulet of Life +1

Tempest Dance
Rain of Steel
Quick Short Sword +2

Current Effects:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: After charge, Magus has immediate reaction. It misses, would have pushed 3. Not sure how Max power works, you may have it backwards, but Draglin hits S1, S2, S3. Misses MD with Come And Get It. You can't pull them onto the altar, stopping at near square.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Yeah it is after the AP, I don't think it matters however in this instance. He missed so he grants CA EONT. S3 does not get pulled or takes any damage since he cannot end its turn next to Draglin, but he is still marked EONT.

I also added a minor action: Kirre's Roar, Draglin gets 4 damage resistance EONT.

nerdytenor

First Post
Jonathan's eyes narrow as he is struck by the dragonman. He reaches back and hurls his spear as if he were aiming at a target a hundred yards away. The shaft plunges into the flesh of the dragonman, dazing him. Jonathan licks his lip reflexively as his spear reappears in his hand. (Escaping Shot vs B3 (special - does not provoke opp attack) hits Will 21 for 12 damage. B3 is Dazed TENT). Jonathan then quickly steps to the north, trying to keep all enemies within his sights (Move to M23).

[sblock=Travel]
Hitting Vegas for (mostly) business. Back late on Friday. I will try to check in in the evenings, but if you don't hear from me in 24 hours, feel free to NPC.

Permission hereby granted to use Inevitable Shot if Jonathan misses anything this encounter and Spirit's rebuke if an enemy melee attack misses Jonathan.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jonathan Stat Block]
Current Effects: none
Immediate Reactions: See Spirit's Rebuke encounter power

Jonathan Granville, Human Seeker 5
Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 21
AC 20, Fort 18, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 27/45 Bloodied 22 Surge Value 11, Surges 8/8
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1

Encounter Resources
USED Possessing Spirits
USED Escaping Shot
Inevitable Shot
Spirit's Rebuke (When enemy misses J. with melee attack, deal 1d8+7 and push 1)
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Nature Sense
Swarming Bats
Ensnaring Shot
Shared Suffering Armor power
Sacrificial Tratnyr power
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Virgil, that is not the ones we kill!" Dante shouts at Virgil as the devil lizard runs off to take a bite out of Devinihm. He dives away from the greatswords of the dragon men and lashes out, a kama burying in the chest of his quarry, dropping it.

He turns to the mage, eyes narrowing as his chain whirls out again, the first strike connection, but the second two deflected by the dragon man's magics.

OOC: I have internets here!

Damn, knew I forgot something. I'll put the Disrupting Strike trigger up in my next post.

Did the mage take damage and make his save against the ongoing 5 damage he got for attacking Dante last round?

Nice attack rolls this round for me: 1, 5, 8, 1, 6...

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Boots of the Fencing Master - Dante shifts 2, gains +1 AC/Ref from Boots of the Fencing Master.
Standard: Twin Strike
*Attack 1: 1d20+15=Natural 1 vs S3.
*Attack 2: 1d20+15=20 AC vs S3, hit, 2d4+6+2(bloodied)=14 damage. Dead.
Move->Minor: Hunter's Quarry Magus.
Action Point: Twin Strike
*Attack 1: 1d20+15=23 AC vs M, hit, 2d4+6=12 damage+1d6(6)=18 damage.
*Attack 2: 1d20+15=Natural 1 vs M.
Free: Granted attack from Max. MBA: 1d20+15+1(Max)=22 AC, Heroic Effort +4=26 AC, hit, 2d4+11=18 damage(+2 if the ongoing damage and twin strike bloodied him).
Immediate Interrupt: Dante will use Disrupting Strike on the next enemy within 2 squares that makes an attack against him: 1d20+15, 2d4+11 damage and -6 to the triggering attack.

Status Effects: +1 AC/Ref

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 8
Passive Perception:22(24), Passive Insight:17
AC:23, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:20 -- Speed:6
HP:35/57, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges left:5/6
Initiative +7, Action Points:0
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Boots of the Fencing Master, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Healing Lore, Amulet of Resolution, Vanous' Combined Awareness

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)

[sblock=Notes]*Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.
*Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA.
*Dante deals +2 damage to bloodied enemies.
*Dante gains +1 AC/Ref whenever he shifts.
*Dante can draw his spiked chain as part of an attack made with it.
*The first enemy to hit Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends).
*Dante does +1 damage on his first attack of an encounter.[/sblock]

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 8
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:73/78, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:18(23), Surges left:2/2
MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.

Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm's swarm swirls angrily as the lizard swallows a chunk of its constituent insects, then a face seems to form in the whirling mass, a screaming face filled with anger. The swarm roils past Virgil, its furious motion making it impossible for him to take advantage of the movement, and reaches out to sting at one of the dragon men from the cages.

[sblock=actions]Map updated.

Free:
Minor:
Move + Standard: Charge B2 (no OA due to Badge of the Berserker), Savage Rend

I'm not sure if I need to make the Athletics check moving past the corner of the pit, but just in case: Athletics DC 16 (1d20+7=26)

Savage Rend (At-Will Standard Beast Form, Implement, Primal) Druid Attack 1
Target: One Creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Weapon: Magic Staff +2: +8 attack, 1d8+6 damage
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage, and you slide the target one square.
Special: This power can be used as a melee basic attack

Savage Rend (charge) attack; damage vs. B2 (1d20+9=13, 1d8+6=7)

I don't think that hit, but if it did, slide B2 to G26[/sblock]

[sblock=resources]HP 39/46[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max surveys the battlefield and then shouts to Dante Let's have some fun. The warlord first delivers a punishing strike against his foe, causing him to lower his defenses. Max then strikes the lizardman again with his sword with the intent to injure and distract. He succeeds. The foe counters and then the warlord yells Now Dante! Hit'm!

OOC: [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION]. S2 gets a free attack against max with CA, then Dante gets a free BMA against S2 with lots of bonuses to hit (see. actions).

[sblock=actions]
AP attack: Warlord's strike: 1d20+15 +3 (Action Surge feat) for 2d8+7 = 25 for 17 and all allies get +2 to attack rolls TBNT

minor: none
movement: none
attack: brash assault vs S2 AC: 1d20+15 for 1d8+7 = 26 for 10.

S2 now gets an attack with CA against Max
then Dante gets an attack with CA and (+2 from warlord strike power) +1 (lend might) (I don't know if all of these additional bonuses stack...I think they do :))

[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblocks]Max, Male Human Bravura Warlord 8
Passive Perception:15, Passive Insight:16
AC:26, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:20 -- Speed: 5
HP:50/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:16, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +5, Action Points:1
Powers:
*At Will Powers:
Commander's Strike, Brash Assault
*Encounter Powers:
Heroic Effort, Inspriing Word 2 (1 used), Battefront Shift, Vengence is Mine, Grit and Spittle, Second Wind, Walk it Off, Warlord's Strike (USED), Lion's Roar
*Daily Powers:
Concentrated Attack, Stand the Fallen, Davros Elden's Hasty resurgence, Shield Power, Boot Power, Sword Power,

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 1d8+9 damage (Crit +2d8)
[sblock=Notes]*Action Surge Feat: +3 bonus to attack rolls when spending an AP
*Leand Meat Feat +1 bonus to ally attack rolls for any power granted by a warlord power
*Armored Warlord Feat: +1 to amount of healing surges
*Improved Bravura Feat: When an ally uses Max Bravura Presence, that ally gains either a +1 bonus to the attack roll or a +1 bonus to speed for the move action (ally's choice)
*Stubborn Survivor Feat: +2 bonus to all saving throws when Max has no AP.
*Belt of Vigor: +1 bonus to healing surge value
*Bracers of Mighty Strike: +2 Damage bonus when using a basic melee attack
*Circlet of Indomitability: +1 to Will
*Badge of the Berserker: When Max charges he doesn't provoke OA's
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Spending an AP in the Presence of Max: Please Read]

Battlefront Leader Power

Any ally within three squares of max can shift 1/2 movement speed as a free action.

Bravura Presence

When an ally Max sees spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll.

If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, then the ally can choose to do the following after the AP action:
* make a basic attack +1 to hit (due to feat: improved bravura)
or
* make a move action as a free action +1 added to ally's speed for movement (due to feat: improved bravura)

If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

Clearly worth the risk :)

[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Alright Tristram, lets show those greebles what for!," says Auntie Mab as she bolts around the corner in a storm of flying knives, one of which strikes a dragon man.

"Ha! Take that lizard lips," she jeers at the enemy she hit, "and behold the power of Auntie's evil eye!" To her astonishment, the evil eye actually works, and the dragonman blinks in confusion, unable to see the old woman standing right in front of him.

Taking advantage of the situation, Mab dashes forward, and rolls into a crouch behind the altar, hidden from the magus and his adjacent cronie. "Tristram," she whispers to her familiar, "I don't like the look of that egg up there. Hop down out of Auntie's pocket love, I might need a favor."

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=

Standard= :ranged:Fleeting Spirit Strike vs. S1, shifting to N23 before attack = hits for 9 damage and Mab shifts to K21

Free= Action Point
Effect= Mab gets an RBA at +1 from Max's Bravura Presence: :branged: vs. MD = 19 vs. AC = miss, Mab grants CA TENT
Standard= :ranged:Eyebite vs. S1 (will) = hits for 7 damage and Mab is invisible to S1 till the start of her next turn

Move
= walk to E24
Effect= Mab uses Cunning Sneak class feature to hide behind altar from MD, S2, and S1 = Stealth (1d20+19=33), Success
Minor= Tristram to active mode

End=

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 7
PC:Auntie Mab (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Conditions:
grants CA
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19, Init: +7
AC: 21, Fort: 18, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 Speed: 6
HP: 56/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Distance Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+1 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Distance Dagger +14 vs AC, 1d4+6 dmg, Range 10/20
Powers-
Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands, Chameleon
Heroic Effort, Eyebite, King's Castle, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot
Blinding Barrage, Bloodbath
Prison of Salzacas, Steadfast Amulet, Cannith Goggles
Combat notes: +1 to all defenses vs. traps, 2d8+1 extra damage against targets Mab has CA against on light blade weapon attacks, scores critical hits against demons on a roll of 19-20

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 21, Fort: 17, Ref: 21, Will: 18
Skills:
+18 Thievery, +24 Stealth

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]If Mab loses cover vs. MD or S2, she will use Chameleon as an immediate interrupt, allowing her to make a stealth check vs. enemy Passive Perception to remain hidden, and to remain hidden without any cover or concealment TENT.[/sblock]

Remove ads