[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=Rules]
Borrowed from H.M.Gimlord and Mal Malenkirk.

Player Info: Include mini stat blocks in your posts. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

Example mini-stats:
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 21 F/R/W:17/18/22
HP: 30/61 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 15 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:14 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will use Perception and Insight and put information in private sblocks for certain players. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others in game, remember that talking is a free action (but keep in short)

Combat:

Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
Players with higher init than bad guys go first then all the bad guys go
Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting (Please use Go Advanced or Preview Post to avoid this)

DM Posts during combat will include:

Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1)

Map in the form of a grid, hopefully with coordinates

Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, and Basic Attack. If there are more specialized powers, I will post them at the time of their use. Trigger powers for bad guys. If you provoke an AoO or a listed power during your turn you can roll the result (it will make less work for the DM and give you a rapid response)

Time: II will give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, you can also use the Enworld Dice roller (but please select the SMALLER results in your profile) In IC, highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title or the OOC tag.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

A loud buzzing arises as a swarm of flies zooms in toward the caravan. Once there, it coalesces into the form of one of the wilden from the tavern.

"I am sorry for being slow," Devinihm says. "I was speaking with auntiemab, and I forget sometimes how long she can speak. She should come soon; she cannot move as the swarms do.

"I have not used the wheeled wood boxes before, no,"
he admits. "I cannot guide it, but perhaps riding in the back of one will teach me."

pacdidj

First Post
Auntie Mab comes tottering along behind the others, huffing and puffing. "Here I am dearies!," she exclaims breathlessly. "Auntie Mab is here to divine our way safely to our destination! I must say though, you might want to give an old lady a few more minutes to use the loo before hustling off without her," she adds, somewhat petulantly. "But, no matter."

Seeing the cart at the ready, Mab instantly (and somewhat presumptuously) clambers up into the shotgun seat. "Ooh, very pleased to meet you Sir Lee!," she says to the Earl. "Mabbeth Tarmikos, demon slayer and fortune teller extraordinaire at your service. But, you can call me Auntie Mab dearie. Everyone does."

"So we're to drive the cart, is it? Should be a cinch. Can't say I know much about horses, but I've got a knack for all things with wheels and gears. It's, um, one of my uncanny magical abilities. Hop on in Devinihm dearie!,"
she calls to the wilden, noticing his hesitance with the wheeled contraption.

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 7
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception:
21, Passive Insight: 19, Init: +7
AC: 21, Fort: 18, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 Speed: 6
HP:
56/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Distance Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+1 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Distance Dagger +14 vs AC, 1d4+6 dmg, Range 10/20
Powers-
Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands, Chameleon

Heroic Effort, Eyebite, King's Castle, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot
Blinding Barrage, Bloodbath
Prison of Salzacas, Steadfast Amulet, Cannith Goggles
Combat notes: +1 to all defenses vs. traps, 2d8+1 extra damage against targets Mab has CA against on light blade weapon attacks, scores critical hits against demons on a roll of 19-20

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 21, Fort: 17, Ref: 21, Will: 18
Skills: +18 Thievery, +24 Stealth

OOC: Sorry for the delay. I'm frequently slow and/or unavailable to post on weekends.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante glances at the coalescing flies appraisingly, then walks towards the wagon to hear Mab more closely.

"Demon hunter you say? This one and Virgil and the one known as Max recently made bath'savok... dead ones out of some cultists and their Umbara... devil masters. This one has heard of Embara... demons, must admit he does now know the difference."

While he is talking, Virgil plods along looking up at the wagon, then looking down the road, as if his tiny brain is churning over whether the effort of climbing into the wheeled box outweighs the effort of walking.

He seems to make up his mind and leaps up, managing to get his front legs over the side but not the rest of his bulk. He grunts and scrapes his back legs on the side of the wagon, blunt feet finding no purchase. The side of the wagon begins to creak with his weight as his slow hoof-toed scrapes on the side of the wagon leave deep gouges in the wood.

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 8
Passive Perception:22, Passive Insight:17
AC:23, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:20 -- Speed:6
HP:57/57, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +7, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Marauder's Rush, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Boots of the Fencing Master, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Healing Lore, Amulet of Resolution, Vanous' Combined Awareness

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)
[sblock=Notes]*Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante. Beast Protector Feat.
*Dante does +1 damage on his first attack of an encounter. Ruby Scabbard Wondrous Item.
*Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA. Light Blade Expertise Feat.
*Dante deals +2 damage to bloodied enemies. Gauntlets of Blood Gloves.
*Dante gains +1 AC/Ref whenever he shifts. Boots of the Fencing Master Boots.
*Dante can draw his spiked chain as part of an attack made with it. Ruby Scabbard Wondrous Item.
*The first enemy to hit Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends). Counterstrike Armor.[/sblock]

[sblock=Virgil]Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 8
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14 AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:78/78, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:18(23), Surges left:2/2
MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.

Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm vaults lightly into the back of the wagon Auntie Mab has chosen to copilot. He watches with an unmasked curiosity as the devil lizard attempts to enter the back of one, as well.

"If I am unused to platforms on wheels, I think your friend is less so, yes?" Devinihm says to Dante.

dimsdale

First Post
Max sits on the wagon checking out each of his new comrades, wondering what each of them have to offer should trouble arise on this trip. Thinking to himself: Dante is a freak'n beast...what about the others? We'll soon find out. Turning towards the road in front of him. The warlord has a sixth sense warning him when confrontation comes near. Right now Max is on full alert. He quickly does a mental check of his weapon and gear. Satisfied, he takes a deep breath and states under his breath. Let's do this.

[sblock=Statblocks]Max, Male Human Bravura Warlord 8
Passive Perception:15, Passive Insight:16
AC:26, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:20 -- Speed: 5
HP:62/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:16, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +5, Action Points:1
Powers:
*At Will Powers:
Commander's Strike, Brash Assault
*Encounter Powers:
Heroic Effort, Inspriing Word 2, Battefront Shift, Vengence is Mine, Grit and Spittle, Second Wind, Walk it Off, Warlord's Strike, Lion's Roar
*Daily Powers:
Concentrated Attack, Stand the Fallen, Davros Elden's Hasty resurgence, Shield Power, Boot Power, Sword Power,

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 1d8+9 damage (Crit +2d8)
[sblock=Notes]*Action Surge Feat: +3 bonus to attack rolls when spending an AP
*Leand Meat Feat +1 bonus to ally attack rolls for any power granted by a warlord power
*Armored Warlord Feat: +1 to amount of healing surges
*Improved Bravura Feat: When an ally uses Max Bravura Presence, that ally gains either a +1 bonus to the attack roll or a +1 bonus to speed for the move action (ally's choice)
*Stubborn Survivor Feat: +2 bonus to all saving throws when Max has no AP.
*Belt of Vigor: +1 bonus to healing surge value
*Bracers of Mighty Strike: +2 Damage bonus when using a basic melee attack
*Circlet of Indomitability: +1 to Will
*Badge of the Berserker: When Max charges he doesn't provoke OA's
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
"Demon hunter you say? This one and Virgil and the one known as Max recently made bath'savok... dead ones out of some cultists and their Umbara... devil masters. This one has heard of Embara... demons, must admit he does now know the difference."

"Well it's always nice to work with a fellow professional dearie. You can cover the devils, and I'll take the demons. As for the difference, well it's like we all learned in school 'Demons live down in Thartharus, while devils dwell in Gehennos'," Mab says in a sing-song voice. "But they're all terrible, nasty brutes regardless."

"Of course, the ones you really have to worry about are the nefarious bazzlebaum: the three-eyed, buck-toothed, rabbit-headed fiends that strike fear into even their own Abyssal cousins. Yes, it was the dreaded bazzlebaum that Devinihm and I stalked through the jungles of the forgotten island. And terrible was his fury! Why he nearly cracked my head open with his great tooth, and siphoned out my brains, and I've got the scars to prove it. See?," says Auntie Mab, pointing to a clearly unnatural scar on the side of her head.

But the intended awe-inspiring effect is ruined by a small rodent poking its head out of her cloak pocket and raising its voice in protest, *Squeak, meep meep. Pfft, pfft, pfft, skreep!*

"What do you mean it wasn't a bazzlebaum, Tristram?,"
Mab asks her familiar crossly. "What beast besides the bazzlebaum could have done this? Yes, the bazzlebaum: the long-eared horror that stalks wealthy men on wilderness trails, looking to steal their trade goods and add their cracked skulls to its horrible trophy collection-... Oh, I'm sorry dearie," she breaks off abruptly, noticing the Earl's increasingly uncomfortable expression, "I don't mean to worry you. I'm sure there aren't any bazzlebaums for miles around. And even if there are, you've got a crack team of professionals protecting you now," Auntie Mab declares, casting a sly wink in Dante's direction as Tristram fixes her with a reproachful glare.

johnmeier1

Explorer
The wagons leave Daunton and begin to head towards the mountains north of the city. The land begins flat but gets more rolling as it approaches the foothills. On the way the Earl explains the situation in more detail.

My holding is not large, just my keep and a score of tenants on the land, farmers mostly. There are forests in the foothills leading up to the mountains which are part of the
earldom but they begin to be rocky and wild, only good for hunting.

The land have been prosperous over the years, but in the past few months my tenants have had unexplained loss of livestock and theft of food stores. They blame bandits but no one has seen or encountered the culprits. I went to Daunton to get these supplied because the farmers cannot subsist on only their remains until harvest time.

OOC: The 48 hour rule for replies does not apply to weekends or holidays (a head's up about vacation is appreciated

Luinnar

First Post
Worry not Earl, for Sir Draglin is here! Thou will nerry be harmed by bazzlebaums or demons or evils of unspeakable horrors or dragons or kobolds or bandits or goblins or beholders or dire unicorns or wargs or orcs or drow or crawling claws or bazzlebaums or any other creatures hat attack rich travlers while Sir Draglin is here! Draglin says while walking between the two carts.

I shall be thine shield...er... he says, but then realizes that he does not carry a shield. For my sword is my shield and a good offense is the best defense! My swords of justice shall stab two dastardly foes at once! Can you do that with a shield? No Sir! Draglin says proudly.

Remove ads