[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

dimsdale

First Post
[/COLOR] For my sword is my shield and a good offense is the best defense! My swords of justice shall stab two dastardly foes at once! Can you do that with a shield? No Sir! Draglin says proudly.
[/COLOR]

The warlord chuckles and shoots him a glace. I can't wait to see that. May your swords create havoc to your foes!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Virgil finally manages to get on board, though the side of the wagon is permanently torn and bent by his efforts. Once there, he plops his head down on Max's foot, and closes his eyes. A second later, he snuffles a few times, looks at the warlord's boot laces, then seems to think better of it, coughs some black smoke, and is snoring in seconds.

Dante doesn't even notice the lizard's struggles and looks at Devinihm with a blank expression as Virgil snores on the warlord's feet. "The devil lizard thinks it is Habokar'Savok... people. This one does not try to dissuade it, for it is not this one's place."

Dante listens to Mab, eyes narrowed as he walks by the wagon as if struggling to understand the woman's rapid speech.

"This one will indeed kill the devils. Several have died to his blades, along with those who Umbara'Quiril... devil-worship. There was also that strange fish that attacked our ship, what do they call such a thing as we killed Ioloth'Savokin... war master?" Dante glances at Max.

"This one will hunt these hunters for you," Dante says, glancing at the earl. "It is indeed good to hunt again for it is all this one has ever known..."

He glances at Draglin. "This one too wields two blades, though the learning was in chains, for Archaxil never let him be free."

With a subtle gesture, Dante's kama chain is suddenly in his hand, the curved blades sharpened to a razor edge. He flicks and the kamas are suddenly detached from the chain and embeded in the wagon near Draglin. Dante nods at it. "This is the tool that Dante has learned to wield. How does it compare to those of the Draglin?"

dimsdale

First Post
"This one will indeed kill the devils. Several have died to his blades, along with those who Umbara'Quiril... devil-worship. There was also that strange fish that attacked our ship, what do they call such a thing as we killed Ioloth'Savokin... war master?" Dante glances at Max.

Max smiles triumphantly, reliving the battle in his mind, then responds to the ranger. That was a Kraken Dante...And if memory serves me correctly, it was you that delivered the killing blow.

Luinnar

First Post
With a subtle gesture, Dante's kama chain is suddenly in his hand, the curved blades sharpened to a razor edge. He flicks and the kamas are suddenly detached from the chain and embeded in the wagon near Draglin. Dante nods at it. "This is the tool that Dante has learned to wield. How does it compare to those of the Draglin?"
Draglin was confused. Didn't all heroes wield swords? The always did in the stories. Knights in shining armor galloping on white steeds wielding holy blades, slaying dragons and saving princesses. This man looked foreign... maybe the stories were different where he came from?

Nevertheless, he would not miss a chance to show off. Thou wist to see my fancy bladework? Look and be amazed at what a Knight of Draconia can do! he says, walking over and picking up a large stick on the ground. He pulls out his swords and tosses the stick up in the air. With a rapid flurry of strikes he cuts the stick into six separate pieces.

Dante notices however that while Draglin has excellent power and skill with his mainhand weapon, he does not have it with his offhand one. He uses it to mainly enhance and blouster his mainhand's cutting ability.

OOC: The way I built Draglin he only has an at-will offhand attack (dual strike). Everything else relies on his offhand for extra damage (detracting spate) or gives him multi-attacks (rain of blows)

I know he is not a striker, but I am still curious at how his damage will compare to Dante. :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante nods to Max. "Ah, yes, Kraken, that was its name. It took all of us much effort to finally subdue it."

He turns to Draglin, nodding at his swordsmanship. With a series of hand gestures, the kama suddenly tear free from the wood and are back in Dante's hands. A moment later they are hidden back in the slit in the back of his clothing.

"This one will look forward to hunting beside the Draglin."

OOC: Fighters can out-striker some of the strikers anyway, looks pretty decent on your sheet. One question though, two of your powers have d12 instead of d6, what does that come from? Also, Iron Armbands of power, Tempest Technique, Two Weapon Fighting don't apply to Rain of Steel since it's not a weapon attack and there's no attack roll involved. Sir Exsixten normally has +8 on damage too, but only gets +2 on Rain of Steel :/

Dante's damage is fairly deceptive: it doesn't look like much, but between potential OAs, interrupts, reactions, and minor action attacks it adds up pretty quick. It's also kinda neat that his damage does go down when he's at range, but only from good striker damage to decent striker damage.

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
The Earl answers Dante's offer.
Hunt them? Perhaps that will be necessary. I can't imagine what could be threatening us. Wild animals, like the wolves from the forest would not be so clever. I have made no enemies, since my fathers time we have treated our neighbors more kindly. My ancestors did diplomacy by the sword. No longer. I know that to rule, one must care for one's subjects. Thus these supplies

The Earl seems to speak true, for now that farms passed by in his lands, hearty hails were shouted his way.

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"I have learned that I have more than one form. Perhaps your devil lizard friend does, as well, but has forgotten how to return to his man-shape?"

He watches with interest as the weapon-masters show off their skill, then smiles as their employer's people begin to greet the wagons.

"Perhaps this voyage will be less violent than our last, Auntiemab? These locals do not seem eager to expel us as the dragonborn on the island did."

pacdidj

First Post
"Ooh, yes Devinihm dearie. Aren't these farms lovely?," Auntie Mab remarks wistfully, watching the scenery roll by. "Oh, I'd just love to move to a place in the country. Somewhere close to the forest where the little folk live. Why, you know they say that if you leave a bowl of milk on your doorstep near the woods a brownie will move in and clean your house for you. Wouldn't that be something?"

"Of course that will have to wait until I've saved up enough to pay for poor little Yenros' treatments. You know after our last job dearie, I was beginning to think that this whole adventuring thing might not be as good as all the hype. I mean, we did manage to avenge poor Mr. Dartanian and all, but the treasure haul from that temple was pretty slim. I said to myself, 'Mabbeth,' I said. 'You might have to go back to fortune telling after all.' But, a few more easy jobs like this one though... Ah, yes, I can picture it now: Auntie Mab, dweller by the woods, friend of the wee faerie folk, living out her golden years in peaceful, pastoral retirement."

*Meep, skirp skirp, pfft fft ftt. Squeak!,* Tristram chimes in interrupting the old woman's reverie.

"What? 'Not destined for peaceful retirement'? What in the world is that supposed to mean Tristram?," Mab asks her familiar, clearly nonplussed. "Besides, who's the fortune teller around here anyway? Auntie Mab is wise in the ways of destiny, but you're just a rat silly. What would you know about the mysterious workings of fate?," Mab says rhetorically, as though that settles the matter, but evincing more than a hint of worry in her voice. Tristram just shakes his head sadly and returns to the old woman's pocket, leaving Mab even more flustered and confused.

nerdytenor

First Post
"Ooh, yes Devinihm dearie. Aren't these farms lovely?,"

"It is hard to improve on Mother Nature," Jonathan interjects, walking outside Auntie Mab's window. "At least these farms aren't a complete perversion of Her will." Jonathan does not elaborate on what sort of perversion he is referring to.

[sblock=OOC going green]
Seems to be a better color for J anyhow.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads