[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

dimsdale

First Post
Max moves to the girl, still in shock from the ransacked area and the kiss from the nobel dragonborn. He sheaths his weapon and shield and holds his hand out in a nonthreatening way in attempt to calm her in order to gather any information she might know. Easy now lass, tell me everything you know about what happened here. We are here to help.

ooc: diplomacy: 1d20+8= 14

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Both of those feats apply to "weapon attacks". There was debate on the 4e CharOp forums about whether that meant with "Attack Powers" or only "powers that have attack rolls". I believe it was eventually released somewhere that it was only for things with attack rolls. There might be someone with the Compendium that can find it?
OOC: Urg so confusing :erm: So it is 1d6+2 (from +2 quick sword)? Is "Come and Get It" 1d6+6? (+2 Tempest, + 1 TWF +1 weapon focus +2 quick sword).

johnmeier1

Explorer
As the group enters the kitchens the place is a shambles. There are pots and pans strewn about and some tables and chairs toss aside. In the back only a few shelves are broken and some jars shattered, but almost nothing remains in the pantry.

A man enters from the back door to the kitchens. He is middle aged and shares many of the same features as Joy, perhaps an older brother or father. He is shocked at both the appearance of the place and the group investigating. The Earl moves quickly to calm him.

Turner, did you see who did this? Joy only just discovered what was wrong and we only just arrived with allies from Daunton. A look of sadness at the destruction spreads over the Earl's face.

[sblock=pacdidj]Auntie Mab thinks that the romantic tension between Lee and Joy has yet to be acted upon, but it is a strong mutual attraction. Perhaps due to the differences in station or the servant/master relationship or perhaps due to something else they have yet to openly show affection.[/sblock]

[sblock=nerdytenor, Luinnar]Both Draglin and jonathan see the edges of footprints in spilled flour on the floor. They seem to be some type of large lizard. You can do a Nature roll now.
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Now, now Sir Lee. Why don't you let us handle this? We are a team of experienced professionals after all. We'll ask Mr. Turner some questions and find out what's going on. But, Miss Joy here has had a terrible morning, and she's all flustered and out of breath. No doubt she could use a glass of water. Won't you be a dear and bring her one?," Mab asks, playing upon the Earl's obvious affections for the young lady.

"So dearies," she asks, once the Earl is out of earshot. "What exactly happened here? Who would want to do such a thing to poor Sir Lee? He seems such a nice young man. And are you Miss Joy's brother then?," she asks, turning to Turner. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Mabbeth Tarmikos, but you can call me Auntie Mab dearie. Anything you can tell us would help my friends and I get to the bottom of this."

Diplomacy check:

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
she asks, turning to Turner. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Mabbeth Tarmikos, but you can call me Auntie Mab dearie. Anything you can tell us would help my friends and I get to the bottom of this."
Diplomacy check:

I'm her father and I have know idea what happened. We hear stories of the farmers being pillaged, but it has never happened here. explains Turner, looking toward Joy and them moving over to help her instead of the Earl. Giving him a respectful but stiff acknowledgment.

[sblock=nerdytenor] They are definitely the tracks of a lizard, perhaps bipedal. jonathan has reason to look at Draglin, they are similar to a dragonborn but more lizardlike.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"Here," Jonathan says, pointing at the tracks on the floor. "A lizard-like creature, likely on two feet, made these tracks. But not one of your kind, Draglin."

pacdidj

First Post
"Lizard-like you say? Oh dear," says Auntie Mab with 'alarm,' "Could be we're dealing with greebles. Foul, unseelie fey they are with chicken beaks and lizard-legs, and long, lashing tongues that they use for swiping sweets and savories from honest peoples' larders."

"Quickly dearies," she prods Joy and Turner, "Can you tell if anything specific is missing from the pantry? Some figgy pudding perhaps? Greebles love pudding. Maybe if we know what was taken, it will tell us more about what did the taking."

Bluff (1d20+11=30)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante continues to prowl around looking for anything that will help them track whoever broke in.

[sblock=Perception 29]1d20+12+2(Virgil)=29.[/sblock]

Urg so confusing :erm: So it is 1d6+2 (from +2 quick sword)? Is "Come and Get It" 1d6+6? (+2 Tempest, + 1 TWF +1 weapon focus +2 quick sword).

OOC: Yeah, unfortunately you have to go through every bonus to everything and figure out when it applies. Same sort of thing happened with my Pyromancer; some stuff is "when you use an arcane power", others are "when you use an arcane fire attack" others were "when you make a damage roll with the fire keyword" etc...

Come and Get It gets +6 since it's a burst, melee attacks get the Iron Armband bonus.

Remove ads