• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins (GaryH Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathan

First Post
"Yes.... lets be off.... but please not too fast mind you otherwise.. I'm going to have to ride the donkey...."

*Corix laughs*

Mithreander

Explorer
Gregorian just nods and follows the guide. "hould be fun! I'm always happy to meet new and interesting people!" He then starts to talk to Corix, to find out more about him and his reasons for wanting to be on this adventure. Gregorian smiles at the dwarf, trying to make him confortable. Gregorian maintains his speed to where the slowest could keep up. Afterall, those were the same individuals that would save his but later.

Rathan

First Post
OOC- Corix is a Gnome by the way.. heh ;)

"Well... the reason I desided to come my good man is to have the chance to see how golems work.... I mean once we disable one of them... I can tinker with it.. and find out how they work... they've always an intrest of mine... though not much past a hobby of studing them...."

"Oh and answer your other question I'm a wanderer..... and focus in Conjuration magics... though I'm not very good at it yet.... I hope my adventures henseforth will strenthen my knowladge of my focus...."

Mithreander

Explorer
Looking again, Gregorian notices, witha slight blush, that the dwarf he had chosen to talk to was in fact a gnome! He listened intently and smiled down at the gnome.

"Those, my friend are great asperations. I hope that once you become a powerful conjorer that you do nto forget those who helped you on your way!" Gregorian chuckles and replies "That is if you do not come to envolved in the golems we find!"

He continues to walk by the gnome as the travel, enjoying the wonderers lengthy discriptions.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gur informs everyone that he thinks he knows where the cavern is. He then asks everyone, "Would you rather head straight to the cavern that I suppose is the right one, or would you all rather we head to Allimon and search for the assistant with the information? If anyone left before us, we'd be one up on them to head straight to the cavern, if my hunch is correct. What'd'you all think?"

Mithreander

Explorer
"I think that someone comissioned through the assisstant would have a better chance of collecting any award, then a bunch of jump ins that had not." Gregorian says. "But then again, iniciative does have it's strong points... okay, I vote for straight there!" He looks to the gnome next ot him for his vote. He continues to walk at the gnomes pace.

Rathan

First Post
"I myself would rather not take the chance of someone else dismantling the golems before I have a chance to study them... I vote they we trust our tracker and find the caverns ourselves... we might even be admired for our initiative!"

*Corix laughs....*

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Alright, I'll lead the way then. Keep a watch out though, if I miss something, I certainly hope one of you notices it. Ne'r know what could happen on a trek."

After two days of travel along the road (mark off rations and such), Gur calls out, "Alright, off the road, get your walking shoes on. It's woodsin time."

With that, Gur starts to walk off the side of the dirt road leading to Allimon, at a very slight angle towars the forests. As he approaches the treeline, he calls out, "Should be able to make it through here with that mule, er horse, or whatever it happens to be. Just keep up with me, we have to cross the stream still, and it'll be a little deep. It's about 3 miles from this point, just a little ways off from the water. Don't make too much noise, I've seen some nasty snakes in these woods, and I wouldn't want to anger one."

Continuing off the beaten path, Gur leads everyone and their load-bearers through a thicket of forest. Soon enough, everyone comes upon a small stream, about three feet deep at the center, and 10 feet across at the smallest point. Gur claims, "This is a salmon stream, they come jumping up through here all the time during spawning season. Make sure that if you see a bear you tell me, theres this one bear I've been after 'fer a long time."

"Anyone got any ideas 'fer crossen the stream? Shouldn't be too tough, but some of you small folk might have a problem."

Dungannon

First Post
"I see your points for heading straight to the suspected cavern, but maybe this assistant can provide us with additional information that would prove useful. I say we should at least send one person to meet with the assistant to let him know we are on the assignment and to get any information that he might have." Devlin looks about the group, not sure how to act in such a diverse collection of personalities.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Silvercat grins at Gur Chuck-Chuck's antics regarding wanting to bag the bear and the salmon stream. Here was an easy enough fellow to travel with, if a bit odd.

Unloading his pack and pulling out his rope and grapnel, the Elf looked for a suitable limb or branch on the opposite side to fling the hook at <Ref Check, DC? That's what I use for this...>. Personally, he wouldn't mind a quick dip in the stream, but there was quite a lot of gear in his pack and some of the smaller folk might not like wading or swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads