• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The night of the camp, it's warm enough that one wouldn't worry about needing a fire. The small place the group chooses to set up camp (5 of you, since I will NPC the cleric at the Player's request, though I'll expect players to actually give orders in combat) is concealed from most thorough observation. There are no signs of travel or of any activity in this small grove.

However, the night doesn't go entirely undisturbed. Near daybreak, a young man with thick long blond hair can be seen walking across the ridge above the campsite, completely unaware of the group below. Everyone easily spots the person, who appears to be wearing a thick red cloak with a golden red trim in the design of flames along the bottom. He seems to be skipping from rock to rock, one foot at a time, about three hundred feet north of you, on the ridge.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Creamsteak said:
However, the night doesn't go entirely undisturbed. Near daybreak, a young man with thick long blond hair can be seen walking across the ridge above the campsite, completely unaware of the group below. Everyone easily spots the person, who appears to be wearing a thick red cloak with a golden red trim in the design of flames along the bottom. He seems to be skipping from rock to rock, one foot at a time, about three hundred feet north of you, on the ridge.

Sara immediately checks to see where Karcer is :p , and keeps a good grip on the gnome's boot while watching the skipping man. "I hope that's not the other group's flare...." She says in an almost quiet whisper "How are were doing for time anyway? Another day here?"

Ghostknight

First Post
Harwin readies the crossbow he took, aiming it at the dancing figure in case it comes nearer or makes threatening gestures.

He waits silently, hoping to resolve if the figure is friend or foe or merely some madman from the camp below...

On seeing the red robed pretty-boy Karcer rolled her eyes. "Whata nonce." she growled reaching for her axe before realising there was a restraining hand on her boot belonging to Sara.
"But he's a nonce..." she whined slightly in a hushed voice. "Lookit 'im! Couldn' last a day wivout dem clothes an' all 'is money...not fit to be walkin' th' earth..." she half grumbled, half pleaded.
"An I forgeted which day it is 'neway. Dunno 'ow long we 'ave left..." she added in reply to the Human woman. Maybe Karcer would grow that tall.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
"But he's a nonce..." she whined slightly in a hushed voice. "Lookit 'im! Couldn' last a day wivout dem clothes an' all 'is money...not fit to be walkin' th' earth..." she half grumbled, half pleaded.

Though unable to truely disagree, Sara tries to be as firm as possible. "Karcer, we're being sneaky here, remember? I'm really, really bad at that, but I'm pretty sure that killing someone on the ridgeline is out. If he comes over here and bothers us we can maybe kill him, but we have to be kinda quiet about it. But I don't think its much longer before we get to go kill the ogre, so cheer up!" She readies a javelin with her other hand, just in case.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
*Fangor will be a little out of place, as I am assuming his armour is not on. He will grab his armour and start donning it, muttering to himself as to why couldn't the being have been closer so that he could have charged it.*

"What kinda robe is that? Do any of you recognize that type of robe? Perhaps he is one of the 'other' group? I say we try to take cover somewhere and see what it does. We know where it is, but it hasn't seen us yet! Perhaps he is taunting us, taking our attention away from something else nearby, waiting for us to leave our guard down?"

*With that, Fangor looks around, trying to spot anything else around them, yet keeping the human in sight. He seems a bit worried, as his conclusions show that he is used to a straight forward fight, with enemies known and no sneaking about.*

"Damn Ogre!"

With another low grumble, Karcer gripped her axe again. "Ye think lurin' 'im thisaway and beatin' on 'im a little'll work?" she asked trying to inch forwards even though Sara had said no. She didn't really want to do much more than get a better look.

"Mebe 'es a magic user. All dem nonces wear toff robes like dat."

Ghostknight

First Post
Turning to Karcer Harwin whispers Karcer, we are waiting for the other' groups signal. We do not want to end up taking on the entire encampment by ourselves! That person there may be a mage, an ordinary citizen or even have armor on under that robe. We will find out later if it turns out he is hostile, in the meantime we need to sit tight, if we start a fight now, this close to the camp, we will have them come attack us with very little chance of escape or survival

Creamsteak

Explorer
The robed man passes, after dawdling for what seems like an hour. He crosses out of sight, and seems to head back towards the camp.

After six more hours pass, the sun is starting to set. The bearer of the "watchman's watch" sees that it is glowing in a light blue color, and that there is a red dot pointing to the north. It seems that the watch is signalling that it's brother is near.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Creamsteak said:
The robed man passes, after dawdling for what seems like an hour. He crosses out of sight, and seems to head back towards the camp.

After six more hours pass, the sun is starting to set. The bearer of the "watchman's watch" sees that it is glowing in a light blue color, and that there is a red dot pointing to the north. It seems that the watch is signalling that it's brother is near.

"Well, I think we had better find out where the other group is and get ready for the attack. Perhaps someone could scout the ridge ahead to get a better look at the camp? Or should we just wait for the other groups signal?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads