(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostknight

First Post
Harwin looks at his companions. Noticing that no one has yet spoken up he stands and addresses the courtier.

I for one would prefer to discuss the job first and then eat. We can then use the meal time to organise our thoughts and discuss how best to go about the job.

Aranel

First Post
Karcer had been examinging the building with something close to awe. "Izza nice place. Bit ova waste o' rock." she mumbled alloud.

Once thy had been shown inside to the seats, she'd sat on the cushion, poking it slightly and noting the comfort was something everyone seemed to share. There was nothing wrong with a moss covered branch...Or heather or braken to rest on.
Though she had to admit it was more comfortable.
Swinging her legs and idly kicking the air beneath, behind and ahead of her feeet she felt that all the talking was best done without her involvement. She knew what she was good at. Hitting things. Hard, until they died.
Or taking off ears.

Her gaze fell on the two speakers so far and more importantly their ears, noting that neither of them has any bit of ear missing. Or any pointy-ness about their ears either.
Nothing she could replace her missing one with.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Ghostknight said:
Harwin looks at his companions. Noticing that no one has yet spoken up he stands and addresses the courtier.

I for one would prefer to discuss the job first and then eat. We can then use the meal time to organise our thoughts and discuss how best to go about the job.

The courtier then states... "I am sorry, but that is not an option. There are strict rules concerning a contract of this nature, one which deals with the nature of bounty hunting. One of these rules provides that you must take a meal in our den before or during your discussion."

The courtier smiles a bit, then restates, "So would you prefer to take the meal now, or wait until the judge is ready?"

Ghostknight

First Post
Creamsteak said:
The courtier smiles a bit, then restates, "So would you prefer to take the meal now, or wait until the judge is ready?"

With a smile Harwin looks at the others

I fear you misubderstood me. I believe it would be better to meet the Judge first, then for us, those going to do the job, to sit and eat together and make plans.

However, if the Judge is not ready for us then perhaps we should eat now and he can see us when he is ready.

With a quick bow Harwin resumes his seat.

Mithreander

Explorer
THoria smiles at the lady. "Yes, a meal now would be appreciated. Tell me, are the meetings so long that you must feed the participants, or is there some other reason for this tradition?"

Thoria had selected a seat close to the center of the semi-circle, in hopes to be able to exert her oppinions better, enjoying the soft seats just a bonus.

They sure want to make us confortable, but to what end? Throw us off? she thinks as she ponders this question, looking up at the chandalier above.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
With a sound of the main doors opening, a Dwarf enters the chamber. He looks around the room, inspecting everything, yet not seemingly impressed. He sees the group before him and walks over to the left side of the cushioned seats, sitting down and a little away from the others to gather his impressions before he speaks.

I am Fangor. I heard of free food and possibly fighting from some locals. Have I found the right place?

He seems to have diverted his questions to Harwin, who was talking with the courtier. Fangor sits with a false sense of relaxation, yet he always has his hand on the hilt of his waraxe, ready for anything.

He is covered in tattooes, adorning his arms, chest, neck and back. He seems untrusting, yet content to be here at this moment.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The courtier smiles with a full grin on her face before she says, "that is most excellent. The judge will be with you soon enough. This tradition was established long ago, during the first inquisition of Orussus." She pauses for a second, and squints her eyes a bit when she says, "It is meant to limit the number of taints that can be brought in front of a judge of Orussus. Hunger being one of them."

When the dwarf enters, the lady courtier says, "Oh my... you did not follow policy coming here alone! That is unacceptable! Erm..." she pauses, smiles, and then squints again before saying, "I'm sorry. I am perhaps a little tired I suppose. You can house with this group, I assume you are here for the same purpose as they have come to see."

The courtier then leaves for a minute...

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Fangor, looking at the courtier with a bit of a grin, just shrugs off the comment.

"There was word of an Ogre needing to be taken down. My waraxe would like to lend it's edge in this matter." He taps the hilt of his waraxe so that they are sure to see it's keen edge, newly sharpened.

He turns toward Groggnir and Avlogg. "If that means I have to accompany these gobbos, then so be it, as long as they stay out of my way."
Upon sitting down, he notices Sara sitting on the seated cushion, apparently a little toasty from the recent perusing of the local ales. He just sighs at her, hoping she can prove her worth in battle.

He looked over at Karcer, sizing him up. Noticing that Karcer was staring at the two speakers, he wondered what was going on in that tiny mind.

Harwin was still conversing with the courtier and his attention turned toward Thoria. Now this was a dwarf of the opposite sex and apparently versed in the ways of battle. Her armour and shield showed signs of great use, and so he thought that she might prove worthy enough. But only time will tell.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Fangor, looking at the courtier with a bit of a grin, just shrugs off the comment.

"There was word of an Ogre needing to be taken down. My waraxe would like to lend it's edge in this matter." He taps the hilt of his waraxe so that they are sure to see it's keen edge, newly sharpened.

He turns toward Groggnir and Avlogg. "If that means I have to accompany these gobbos, then so be it, as long as they stay out of my way."

OOC: before the courtier gets out the door, I'd perfer if things weren't considered settled by npc's before any pc's got to comment.

"Terribly sorry" Sara says with a lazy grin, seeming relaxed but entirely unimpaired. "I think you misunderstood the notice. Gotta say, NOT hard to do as weird as it was written. But they were looking for a group to come to them already formed - or more than one group to compete. we all got together in the inn, and agreed that we could get along and help each other, so we came together." Her grin goes away, though the lazy confidence remains. "It seems you don't get along with us all, and I've got this tingling in my thumbs that tells me I won't get along with you, so presenting yourself as part of this group without consulting any of us is... whats that fancy word for doing something to soon..." She glances around for a second then grins again. "Premature! thats it! Just like me!"

She looks at the courtier. "This dwarf came here alone. I just tried one job where people just 'tolerated' each other, and it didn't work out well, so I'd thank you not to break your own rules and make our gang for us."

OOC: Fangor, if you'd like to roleplay being accepted into the group for this mission, that would be all well and good, but one of the advantages I personally saw in the "shifting voluntary parties" aspect of LEW was not working around obstructionist characters because "its the party." I will be roleplaying honest responses to your character, up to and including voting not to include him in the party. its nothing personal, just enjoying the advantage of finaly having a party that isn't held together by metagaming.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
She looks at the courtier. "This dwarf came here alone. I just tried one job where people just 'tolerated' each other, and it didn't work out well, so I'd thank you not to break your own rules and make our gang for us."

OOC: Fangor, if you'd like to roleplay being accepted into the group for this mission, that would be all well and good, but one of the advantages I personally saw in the "shifting voluntary parties" aspect of LEW was not working around obstructionist characters because "its the party." I will be roleplaying honest responses to your character, up to and including voting not to include him in the party. its nothing personal, just enjoying the advantage of finaly having a party that isn't held together by metagaming.

Somewhat bewildered at the clarity of the Humans voice, after the seemingly "toasty" portrayal earlier, Fangor grins.

"It seems that you are under the impression that I was mistaken on the notice. I am well aware of the posting, and must admit that I overheard your group talking and discussing the matter of, how did you put it halfling? Turning to Harwin "Hitting Ogres"? Before I was able to manage my way to the bar and introduce myself, you had made your way to this place. My short legs kept me a little behind you, but I managed to make it. If you feel that my Waraxe would not serve you in this matter, than that is your choice Human. I hold no grudges, looking at the Gobbos, and meant no grudge to be started. Ogres helped raze my village and I am only inclined at righting a wrong that was done. So what say you?"

[ OOC ]- I had emailed the moderator Creamsteak and had asked if it would be too late to join. He said to go ahead and make my way to the group and that is what I did. No offense taken, as roleplaying has it's place.[ OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads