[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Otakkun

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]... Damn, I should've posted first then. Well, with a 6 I won't be hitting anything anyway, but I need to know where are the monkeys to see where I moved. [/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
Otakkun: Unfortunately with the new positions there is nowhere for you to flank. Still, I figured you wanted to be close to your oath target. Hope that works.

Sanzuo

First Post
Dazed and bleeding, Brenwar puts a healing hand on Halleck's shoulder and gets to his feet. Shale finally loses his grip on his form and crumbles to the ground in roiling crystal shards, frantically attempting to reconstruct himself. Kavac breaks loose of his mandrill, leaps back and then forward again and drives the point of his blade deep into it. Halleck uses the boost from Brenwar to rally Karma back into this world, then he lets out a terrific magical shout, blasting two of the beasts back and giving his allies a moment to re-form a battle line. Now conscious, Karma staggers to his feet and unleashes the fully fury of his mind on the mandrill pack. The creatures scream in agony, blood pouring from their ears and faces. One of the poor creature's head explodes, showering the three warriors with skull fragments and brain matter. Finally, Shrakk moves into the main melee, his blade carving through the air but hampered by the confusion.

The mandrill leader is infuriated. It calls to its pack to attack and barrels into the fighting line, arms swinging. Halleck and Brenwar block the battering with their shields. Kavac on the other hand, takes a blow to the temple causing him to black out and hit the ground hard. The three remaining mandrills attack desperately from every angle and Halleck takes a blow and grievous gash to his face from a mandrill's teeth.

Hey, could everyone do me a favor and double check how many surges you've each spent? I'm not sure if I have it right.

[sblock=Shale]Sorry, according to my thingie, you went unconscious at the start of your turn because of ongoing damage.[/sblock][sblock=Actions]Player Actions:

• Brenwar: 5 ongoing damage, stand up, miss alpha with virtuous Strike, lay on hands on Halleck, fail save
  • Shale: 5 ongoing damage, falls unconscious, fail save
  • Kavac: Break grapple shift to D13, charge and hit B10 for 13 damage
  • Halleck: Healed 10/ongoing 5 damage, Uses Inspiring Word on Karma, hits alpha and C10 with Shout of Triumph for 8 damage, pushes C10 to B9, pushes alpha to F9, slide each ally, shifts to D9, fails save
  • Brenwar: Free shift to D10
  • Kavac: Free shift to D11
  • Karma: Healed 9, stands, hits B9(formerly C10) and B10 with Ravening Thoughts doing 11 and 5 damage and 5 ongoing (save ends) killing B10, action point hits B9(C10) for 9 damage
  • Shrakk: Moves and charges to C9 missing with Overwhelming Strike

Enemy Actions:

• Alpha Mandrill: Uses Howl
  • Mandrill I12: Free move to E9
  • Alpha Mandrill: Moves to E10, Uses flailing arms missing Halleck, Brenwar but hitting Kavac for 9 damage knocking him unconscious
  • Mandrill E9: Hits Halleck for 11 damage grabbing him, bites him for 5 ongoing, leaps to J6
  • Mandrill D17: Moves and leaps to C10, misses Brenwar with a slam.
  • Mandrill B9: Takes 5 ongoing, misses Shrakk with slam, leaps to A5, succeeds on saving throw
[/sblock][sblock=Monster Stats]Alpha Mandrill
118/126 HP
AC 19, Fort 17, Ref 17, Will 16
OA: +10 vs. AC, 2d6+4 damage and target is knocked prone

Mandrill
45 HP
AC 17, Fort 15, Ref 16, Will 14
OA: +8 vs. AC, 1d10 + 5 damage and the target is grabbed (until escape)[/sblock][sblock=Status]Player Status:

• Brenwar: 28/47 hp, 3 damage resist until SONT, 2 surges spent, 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
  • Shrakk: 30/35 hp, 3 surges spent
  • Halleck: 6/25 hp, 5 ongoing damage (save ends), bloodied
  • Karma: 9/20 hp, -1 surge, -2 attacks and skill checks, 2 surges spent, bloodied
  • Kavac: -1/33 hp, prone, unconscious dying
  • Shale: -3/24 hp, -1 surge, -2 attacks and skill checks, 1 surge spent, 5 ongoing damage (save ends), prone, unconscious, dying

Enemy Status:

• Alpha Mandrill: 8 damage taken
  • Mandrill A5: 33 damage taken, -2 attacks (until end of Karma's next turn), bloodied
  • Mandrill C10: 21 damage taken
  • Mandrill J6: 31 damage taken, bloodied
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
battle01map09.png
[/sblock]

[sblock=More Healing Fun]Did you know that you can do the following with heal as well?

• Trigger another character's second wind if they haven't already (they do not get defensive bonuses). DC 10
  • Stabilize someone who is dying (they don't have to make death saves until they take more damage, does not heal them). DC 15
the_more_you_know2.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Shale, for one, welcomes our new monkey overlords.

[sblock=ooc:]I managed to save against ongoing, but failed the first death save. Rolls here[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Vacaction]
I am on vacation until Monday. If I am lucky, I can try to post tomorrow morning, but probably not.

Please don't use my daily. but otherwise, it's fair game. I designate Rapida to post my actions, if agreeable.
[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=Vacaction]
I am on vacation until Monday. If I am lucky, I can try to post tomorrow morning, but probably not.

Please don't use my daily. but otherwise, it's fair game. I designate Rapida to post my actions, if agreeable.
[/sblock]

If you are waiting for a good time to use that daily, that time is now. In fact if I was in charge of your guy I would have used it rounds ago. That effect works whether you hit or miss, which is awesome. :erm:

Cute-Hydra

First Post

Karma tries to keep up the psychic assault of disheartening energy while the assault continues to break into the mandrill's mind. Clearly Karma's physical weakness reduced the damage he does. Karma then moves under tree cover to defend again a jumping mandrill.

"SHRAKK FINISH HIM!"

[sblock=OOC]
Standard:
Dishearten targetting A5
Roll Lookup 14+4-2 = 16 vs Will
Roll Lookup 2+4 = 6 damage

Move:A9

Theory: hopefully Shrakk can oath the monkey to death if he comes at me...

[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc Daily]
I was not expecting an extended rest after 1 encounter. But if we are, then use the Daily!
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=Tenchuu]
Sure, I'll post your actions whenever I post mine.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Sanzou]
In player status you have me as prone. Is that a mistype or did I trip over a monkey?

And is that 19 damage since the start of the encounter or what? It would save me some sanity if you could just put x/y hp instead of how much I've taken (if it isn't to much trouble on your part).

Finally, don't forget any monkey that starts its turn next to me is marked via divine sanction thanks to my daily.
[/sblock]

Remove ads