[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Someone

Adventurer
"In any case" says Shale speakin about the dwarf, "you may discover he doesn't appreciate your efforts. I won't insist on it further- this is not of my concern, in any case."

The crystalline creature tilt's his (it's?) head slightly sideways when hearing about the dwarf fortress, a place he didn't knew beforehand despite having a reasonably good knowledge of history. A remote and unknown community of crafters is a good place to be looking for answers.

"I'm inclined to accept your offer. The payment sounds generous enough, though I'll reserve the right to end our agreement should the circumstances so advise it. I however require you to be more specific on the nature of the artifact or evidence needed."

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar seems concerned when he sees the dwarf, but accepts the explanation Manley gives. He smiles as he sees Firete and makes his way over to her, "I'm glad to see you arrived safely from the frontier, time for another adventure eh?"

Llama_Bill

First Post
"I'm guessing your observers didn't come back. How could I turn down a dangerous journey into the Far Lands? Lauto will be pleased. Who is going to do the drawing?" says Kavac as he looks at the people with him properly for the first time. He absent mindedly stretches with his hand behind his head.

Sanzuo

First Post
“Oh, yes... specifics... very good. I'm not exactly sure what you will find there, so I can't really say... but I might be able to provide some... er... insight? We'll have to play it by ear... so to speak.”

Guy Manley walks over to a workbench and picks up a small, dense object, then lays it on the table before you.

“Here is a rock... er... stone, actually. Sending Stone, that's what it's called. It's a Sending Stone. I would like you to take it with you. We will each have one. We can use them to communicate, which I think would be... erm... helpful. Well, I can at least hear how you're doing while you're away.

Also, I should mention... the Lost Continent of Corruption was known to be completely covered in two things; jungles and volcanic mountains. You'll be arriving in 'The Tenebrous Jungles of Madness.' Again... I didn't come up with that name. You might want to bring along some machetes and bug repelling salves. I might have some here... ah there you are.”

He also retrieves a bundle of machetes and a few small clay vials with some kind of strong-smelling ointment inside.

"From the jungle you'll want to head due east into the mountains, might be a day or two hike. From there you'll be looking for a large basin, what our friend here calls the Valley of Ashes. If you see a giant lizard, you're going in the right direction. Somewhere in the Valley of Ash is where I believe the entrance to the fortress lies. I wish I had more specifics than that, but you'll honestly just have to look for it. You'll be the first actual expedition to this place in at least 200 years.

So, ah... I guess that's it... unless you have more questions?”

[sblock=ooc]So, the party needs at least one cartographer and someone to carry the Sending Stone.

Also, the machetes are identical to short-swords, stat-wise. They are just particularly suited to chopping apart thick vegetation.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
"I have an adequate knowledge of history, which includes some pointers on cartography" says Shale. "I feel able to map our way and can revise them while the rest of you lay in your daily comatose period"

Shale takes both the machete and the bug repellant. Normal bugs don't bother him, but there's no guarantee that they'll find normal things.

[sblock=ooc]The only skills I found could be related to mapmaking are Nature and possibly History. Tell me if I'm wrong[/sblock]

Cute-Hydra

First Post
"I will be at the back a decent place to call from I think, I will use the sending stone"

Karma picks up the sending stone, and examines it.

Sanzuo

First Post
The Sending Stone fits nicely in your hand. It is slightly porous and covered in small arcane runes that glow magically. It also has Bluetooth and 4G coverage.

Rapida

First Post
"I doubt I would have the necessary skills to be a cartographer. My training thus far has focused on hitting things mainly." Brenwar says taking himself out of the running.

Remove ads