[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Sanzuo

First Post
Manley takes the group to a corner of the workshop. You can see he has a special area sectioned-off with a large, complex symbol etched into the floor. He begins gathering together what looks like arcane ritual components.

“Okay... Remember, make your way east once you've arrived. If and when you do find the fortress, write down any precise instructions on how to find it. Once you're inside, I'd like a detailed diagram of the interior as well. We'll stay in communication using the stone, and don't lose it. It's the only way for me to know when you're ready to come back.”​

Guy Manley not-to-subtly leans in and whispers something to Karma before going to work on the ritual.

[sblock=Karma, or Perception 17]
“Sorry to ask this... but... ah... if you think you're all about to be killed, please use the stone to describe what's going on before you expire.”​
[/sblock]

After about ten minutes or so, Manley's ritual crescendos into a swirling column of arcane energy in the center of his ritual-area. Manley has to shout over the noise of the magical energy.

“Okay! Hurry on through. Remember to head east! And look for the lizard!”​

[sblock=Preparations]If you have anything else you want your character to do to prepare before they go through the portal, you can do it while Manley is casting the ritual. Again, I'd like everyone to check-in by saying that their character goes through before we begin Part 2. I'll wait 48 hours or until I hear from everyone, whatever happens first.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Shale suddendly realizes something, and is made worse because of Manley's whispered words, which he can barely hear. "What are our supposed means to come b...?" tries to say before an unintentional shove sends him through the portal.

Rapida

First Post
"Hopefully there will be little need for violence. There's a high probability the place is deserted by now." says Shale.
Brenwar sort of smiles at this, "It is good to be optimistic on these sort of journeys, but I never seem to have peaceful journeys to far away lands."

Brenwar doesn't hear a thing of the whispers, to caught up in watching the magic unfold, and as soon as Manley finishes Brenwar steps into the swirling column of arcane energy...

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma positively smirks at the whisper, "No worries my friend, information is absolutely everything isn't it". Karma smirks around the room, charges his fist with psychic energy and then steps into the circle. Still looking around the room until those sparkling eyes are swept away.

Otakkun

Explorer
Once Manley starts preparing the ritual, Shrakk can't help but ask him how are they going to come back, having no means to cast the ritual themselves.
[sblock=OOC]I'm supposing here he answers that question [/sblock]
Ten minutes later, a frown appears on Shrakk's face as he hears Manley's mumbles. "You and I are going to have words when we come back, little man.", and with that he crosses the portal.

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=Return Trip]
"The way back is the same way as you came, the teleportation circle. Tell me when you are ready, and I will cast the ritual again. Then, you may simply step back through just like before."​
[/sblock]

Part 2: The Tenebrous Jungles of Madness

The transition is instantaneous. As soon as you arrive, you begin to choke horribly. At first, you think that Manley has sent you to the bottom of the sea. Then you realize that it is simply the sheer heat and humidity of this jungle. You are standing on a moss-covered stone platform of some kind, the light of the teleportation spell still slowly fading from the runes on its surface. Aside from that, all you see around you is foliage. A thick wall of tangled green mass greets you in every direction, including up. Condensation falls all around you like rain, but does nothing to relieve you from the oppressive heat. To make things worse; there seems to be a swirling haze of what you realize are tiny buzzing flies of some kind, but they are keeping their distance - for now.

>You see a Jungle.
> _

[sblock=Skill Challenge!]No taking 10! - Just to clarify, you cannot take 10 on skill challenges, you must roll.

This is an obsidian skill challenge:
  • The DC is set, what you are trying to do is accumulate as many successes as possible.
  • The challenge lasts three “stages” in each stage you get to roll one skill once.
  • As an option; instead of trying to make your own roll, you may try to assist someone else's roll. Although you will not gain a success by doing this, you increase the chance of someone else succeeding. To assist you roll a d20 plus the bonus to the relivant skill, the DC is 10 + half your level.
  • I may give you a bonus for good descriptions/role playing!

Stage 1: Which way? This way!
DC: 19

Available Skills:
  • Athletics: Break a trail for the party.
  • Heal: Watch for fatigue and any ailments the party might have.
  • Nature: Identify hazards and know your direction.
  • Perception: Keep an eye out for danger and look for paths.
  • Knowledge (Just an Int or Wis check, no skill): Offer some sort of useful information.

Remember, everyone rolls once. You're trying to make a DC of 19. Don't worry if you fail... as long as most of you succeed...[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Though he doesn't need to breathe or transpire, even Shale feels the opressive heat and the moiture threatens to soak him and makes keeping his integrity harder. To make things worse, the jungle looks decidedly un-wizard tower like.

"This environment is alien to me." says after a while. "Tell me what to do or look for and I will assit you"

"Also I'm able to perform a magical spell that can hold considerable weight for long periods of time. Since I can supplement the magic with some kinetic power of my own, I can obviate the use of magical reagents, so there's no cost on doing it.

I was thinking that one of you could use it to sit on it and rest, if he feels tired.

[sblock=ooc]Shale uses Aid another with perception skill, managing barely, to give Shrakk +2 to his own (possibly perception too) check.

Before we left I'd like to cast Tenser's floating disk. I can do it without spending alchemical reagents thanks to a Psion class feature. With an arcana check of 17 it can hold 500 lb of weight and may come handy later.[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=Someone]I forgot to include History as an option for the first stage of the challenge. There is some obscure knowledge about this place you could recall if you wanted.

If you want, I'll let you reroll with a history check since I seem to always forget about that skill. :/[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=Someone]I forgot to include History as an option for the first stage of the challenge. There is some obscure knowledge about this place you could recall if you wanted.

If you want, I'll let you reroll with a history check since I seem to always forget about that skill. :/[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Let's let it be for now. I already RPed that I didn't know about the place in another post, and other characters have IIRC a good History skill anyway[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
After being in the muggy air for a moment Brenwar looks miserable, clearly plate mail is not meant to be used in the jungle. He grimaces but doesn't complain at the discomfort. He instead tries to keep an eye on his companions helping them with fatigue.

[sblock=ooc]
I don't have access to invisible castle at the moment, but my heal bonus is +12. I will roll it when I get access or it can be rolled for me.
[/sblock]

Remove ads