[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
RUJAH
The dragon knight closed his eyes for a moment and pushed the poison back out. Opening them, he saw Riardon move, and Rujah struck at the same time; he caught the creature off guard and slammed his hammer against the statue, breaking off chunks of living stone.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Used font of life class ability to save before taking damage, Warden's Lunge, Crit!

[sblock=Action Block]
Free: Font of Life save: 1d20=18 saved; no ongoing damage taken
Standard: Warden's Lunge vs Gargoyle (AC)

• Target: Gargoyle
  • Attack: 1d20+9=29 CRIT!
  • Damage: 1d10=5=15
  • Effect: Marked by Rujah
Move: ???
Minor: ???

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
As the poison moves through Gensai's blood, the armor reacts, changing the damaging chemical into a healing boon.

"Ah, much better," the ronin smiled, fingers gripping the hilt of his blade tight. After Fenwick moved into position, Gensai lashed out with his sword. The blade made a thunderous crack, leaving a deep gouge in the gargoyle. "There is no escape."

Gensai repositions himself to block the doorway.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Armor of sudden recover to turn OG into Regen,
[sblock=Action Block]
Start of Turn: take 10 poison damage.
(Next turn, don't forget Regen)
Minor: Armor of sudden recover (end og damage, gain regen 10 for encounter)
Standard: Booming Blade vs Snake (AC)

• Target: Snake AA
  • Attack: 1d20+13=22 +2 -1 =23
  • Damage: 1d8+6=10
  • Effect: if the target is adjacent to you at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+3=6 thunder damage.
Move: shift to O30 (+1 to AC and Reflex TENT)
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +19
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 18, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 -- Speed: 6
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1

Vitality:
HP: 47/62, THP: 0/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
REGEN: 10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded: Property: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP,
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
After Gensai's last blow lands, the grating in the corridor beyond the curtain comes to halt, replaced by tremulous footfalls.

The gargoyle flaps its wings, "Oooooh, now you're gonna get it!" He swipes at Mervin as he flies across the room, but misses on account of being stabbed along the way by a wary Gensai. Frustrated, he comes to light on a desk in the corner.

From behind the curtain, the first gargoyle returns taking up position opposite his companion, and goring Mervin from behind. This time the wound cuts deep, almost dropping the wizard.

To add insult to injury, darts fly from the walls, managing to fly wide of everyone but the wizard. A dart catches him in the back, and he can feel the poison constricting his heart.

All the while, the footfalls in the corridor approach, reaching a pounding crescendo as the curtain swings to one side revealing a hideous beast. The denizens of this horrid lair have loosed a troll upon the group.

He swings a huge claw at Gensai from behind, but the Rhonin is ready and turns to meet the beast.

GM: OK. Haven't heard from @evilbob for a couple of days now, so I'm going to keep things moving
[sblock=Mechanics]Mervin
Move: Shift to Q30
Standard: Phantom Bolt
Target: Gargoyle 2
Attack: 1d20+10=20 vs. Will for 1d8+9=15 psychic damage no slide
Save vs. Poison Damage: 1d20=5

Gargoyle 2
Crashing Stride Recharge: 1d6=3
Move: Leaping Glide to R31 taking 6 damage
Standard: Claw Attack
Target: Mervin
Attack: 1d20+12=20 vs. AC Miss

Gargoyle 1
Crashing Stride Recharge: 1d6=1
Move: Leaping Glide to P29
Target: Mervin
Attack: 1d20+12+2(Flanking)=32 vs. AC for 2d6+4=15 damage

Troll
Move: to O2-P33
Minor: Open Curtain
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+13=24 vs. AC Miss

Poison Dart Trap
Target 1: Mervin
Attack 1: 1d20+11=29 vs. AC Hit for 1d8+2=4 damage
Target 2: Gargoyle 1
Attack 2: 1d20+11=19 vs. AC Miss
Target 3: Riardon
Attack 3: 1d20+11=18 vs. AC Miss
Target 4: Gensai
Target 4: 1d20+11=13 vs. AC Miss

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Ruajah: N30 45/62 HP 10/12 HS 1AP
Gensai: O30 47(57)/62 HP 10/11 HS 1AP Regen 10
Riardon: P28 54/54 HP 8/8 HS 0AP
Fenwick: N29 50/55 HP 11/11 HS 0AP
Mervin: Q30 6/40 8/8 HS 1AP Bloodied Ongoing 10 Poison Damage (Save Ends)

Ironstone Gargoyle 1: R31 34/80 Bloodied
Ironstone Gargoyle 2: O29 9/80 Bloodied
Runespiral Demon -1/51 Dead
Troll: O32-P33 100/100 Regen 10
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary13.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
IronstoneGargoyle.png

Troll.png

PoisonDartTrap-3.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Concentrating to move nearer to help Mervin, Riardon misses with his strike versus the gargoyle. "Gensai, keep the wounded gargoyle occupied. Rujah, keep the troll back. Fenwick kill the other gargoyle. Mervin, don't die!"

[sblock=OOC]

Free: Change damage to radiant
Standard: Intuitive strike vs adjacent gargoyle (1d20+13=14, 1d8+6=7)
Minor: Inspiring Word (2d6+3=12) + Surge value HP for mervin
Move: Shift to Q28

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC:
HMG, shall I still spend healing on Mervin? Or would you like to loose the character? If we may keep him, Riardon will give him and Inspiring word for 2d6+3 + Surge value HP as a minor action.
OOC: Just to be clear, I, as a DM, wouldn't single out a character for death unless that character's player asked me to do it (this was the case with Jin). So by all means, do what you can to save him.
OOC: Is one gargoyle still invisible? The above call to Gensai assumes he is visible.
OOC: Good catch. Forgot to take it out of the stats. Retconned

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=sorry, all]Hey guys, sorry I've been flaky. We had a lot of snow here and it kept me from checking up on anything too regularly. Also, I've just been so disappointed by 4.0 - and so impressed by non-Hasbro games recently - it's been hard to keep focused on this game. We may want to just write Mervin out of the action sometime soon, so that I don't slow down everyone.[/sblock]
[sblock=walking dad, everyone]Actually, would you mind to shift to somewhere other than Q29? Maybe Q28? I was thinking Mervin would use a power to shift out of there to R28 and then use color spray on all three enemies: however I will hit you, too, if you're in Q29. Let me know if you'd like to change or not; if you don't change, he won't move and just color spray from there and only hit 2 enemies.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]We may not be able to kill this thing. We've got no at-will fire or acid attacks that I can see, and we may be out of fire powers by the time this gets down to zero (and/or miss with same). Be careful, all.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Actually, I'll just go ahead and post based on the idea that WD will move, and if he doesn't move, I'll remove the offending attack.

BenBrown: Thanks for reminding me about the fire thing! :) This seems like an excellent use of a daily and action point. However, please note: this spell only works as long as Mervin is conscious, so please keep him up! (Next round I can 2nd wind but anything else would be great!)[/sblock]
[sblock=start of turn]heal from Riardon: 6 HP + 22 = 28 HP

poison damage: 28 - 10 = 18 (bloodied). That 10 poison damage is a killer! I hate that with all Mervin's shield abilities he still gets hit constantly... :hmm:[/sblock]
Mervin reels from the pain of the poison, but manages to keep it together thanks to Riardon's healing power. His orb flashes and Mervin is whisked away from his attackers, back toward the wall of the room. From there, he raises his staff and a burst of colorful light explodes forth, engulfing all foes and rendering them dazed; the gargoyle in the corner explodes into ash.

Pressing the advantage while his opponents are distracted, Mervin gathers all his strength for another attack. The now-familiar orb of fire bursts into existence behind the troll, doing a small amount of damage but burning the creature badly so that its natural healing powers don't seem to work.

"Now, box it in!" Mervin shouts to his companions, pointing to the troll with the ball of fire behind it. With those words, he finally manages to pull the poison dart from his arm and his color seems to return slightly.

[sblock=ooc]move (assuming WD moves): Orb of Nimble Thoughts; shift to R28

standard: color spray on 2 gargoyles and troll; 22 vs. will on gar 1, 24 vs. will on gar 2, 13 vs. will on troll - free action, use irrefutable armor on attack vs. troll to reroll attack: 28 vs. will on troll - all hits! :)
Gargoyle 1 & 2 take 15 + 2 (both are bloodied) = 17 damage
Gargoyle 2 is dead
Troll takes 15 damage
Gargoyle 1 & troll are dazed TENT

action point -> standard action: flaming sphere on O34: 21 (+2 for CA from dazed that I forgot, +1 from Riardon that I forgot = 24) vs. ref (yay!)
Troll takes 11 fire damage (minimum but whatever)
Troll (and anything next to the sphere) will take 10 fire damage (minimum again but whatever!) at the beginning of its turn[/sblock]
[sblock=end of turn]save vs. poison: 15 (yay!)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mervin ministats]Mervin Male Human Wizard 5
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:18
HP:18/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:7/8
Action Points/Milestones: 0/0
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Thunderwave
(Wizard cantrips)

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Color Spray
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind
Orb of Nimble Thoughts

Flaming Sphere
Stinking Cloud

Irrefutable armor

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: PC:Mervin (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: As Gargoyle 2 is marked by Rujah, and he attacked Mervin, I think one of the warden's interrupts should apply. I'm not too familiar with these, but I think only Warden's Grasp applies.

So, let's go with Warden's Grasp.
Target: gargoyle 2
For simiplicity sake, I'd suggest we skip the slide.
Effect: The target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of it's turn

Remove ads