• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick is attracted by the snoring sound, and goes to look under the table.
[sblock=actions]Move to N30.
Nature Check? (1d20+2=3)
Perception Check (1d20+2=13)[/sblock]
"Fenwick very unfamiliar with snoring creature," he says, shrugging and looking around for anything else interesting.
OOC: I am here, but that won't last past tonight. I'm traveling for the next week, with little or no computer access. Back on the 11th.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Until Theroc shows up, I'm going to need someone to take the roll or Rujah, semi-permanently.

Other than that I'm just waiting on [MENTION=9789]evilbob[/MENTION]. If he doesn't post today, I'll update tomorrow.

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Sorry guys! Yeah I've been a bit busy with the holiday - I'll try to do better.[/sblock]
Mervin steps cautiously into the room, but his eyes light up when he sees all the books and scrolls. He moves to the closest pile and begins to examine them, while keeping one eye on the smiling gargoyle.

[sblock=ooc]Mervin will make a nature check for the snores and also just use his passive perception (unless he needs to make a roll) for 13. Anything we need to roll to ID the gargoyle?

I'm guessing the biggest pile of interesting stuff is in the middle, so he'll move to O29.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Lol, of course - well, hopefully the natural 20 will count for something. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Would one of you accept the responsibility of posting for Rujah? I don't feel comfortable playing his role when I know all the answers ;)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Before Mervin can warn Fenwick that the creature he is approaching might be a RUNSPIRAL DEMON, the Orc bounds over to the table and scratches his head, as he looks down at the strange creature. Fenwick’s confusion stems from the strange shape of the beast and it being so out of context. No self-respecting person would keep this hideous a thing as a pet, yet here it is, sleeping under a table as if it was just fed a heavy meal. Fortunately, the creature is fast asleep… for now.

Unlike the demon under the table, the gargoyle in the other corner springs to life…, ”You know,” he taunts, "you guys make terrible thieves. I hope you don’t quit your day jobs.”

“O don’t listen to him,” comes a voice from another table across the room, “You guys are doing fine…” breaking into pelts of laughter, “…that is unless you actually want to get away with stealing something.” Suddenly both of their faces go from mirth to ire as it becomes clear that the joking is over.[sblock=Initiative]Bad Guys: 1d20+6=15
I’ll post the link to the roll after the first round for reasons that will be obvious when you see the roll info. If you’re skeptical, you can check the date, and be sure I rolled it before this post. I rolled for all of the enemies, so I just took the first roll and will use it for the bad guys (BTW it’s also the worst of the set ;)).

PCs:

Ruajah: 1d20+3=15
Gensai: 1d20+3=8
Riardon: 1d20+3=18
Fenwick: 1d20+3=23 (Nat20)
Mervin: 1d20+8=12

The bad guys (+6) have a higher initiative modifier than Rujah (+3), so only Riardon and Fenwick go first.
[/sblock][sblock=Mervin Only]The snoring creature is in fact a runespiral demon. [/sblock][sblock=Mervin and Rujah] The table in the center contains what looks to be maps and collections of history and folklore notes. Mervin begins to see the beginnings of something that may be a ritual, but the attack distracts him. [/sblock][sblock=Gensai]The desk has several folders and books containing signed correspondences. As Gensai rifles through a drawer, he sees a small amulet buried underneath more sheets of vellum, but before he can examine either the amulet or the signatures on the letters, the gargoyles attack.[/sblock][sblock=Status] Ruajah: O29 62/62 HP 10/12 HS 1AP
Gensai: Q30 62/62 HP 10/11 HS 1AP
Riardon: Q29 54/54 HP 8/8 HS 1AP
Fenwick: N3055/55 HP 11/11 HS 1AP
Mervin: O29 40/40 HP 8/8 HS 1AP

Ironstone Gargoyle 1: M26 80/80
Ironstone Gargoyle 2: P26 80/80
Runespiral Demon: N31 51/51 Prone, Unconscious
[/sblock] [sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary11.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
RunespiralDemon-1.png

2X
IronstoneGargoyle.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Go Fenwick! Coup de grace! If my math is right, either shatterbone or [Howling Strike + Glove damage bonus] would kill it outright.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Get into position!"
Riardon calls as he steps forward, swinging his sword at the snoring creature, killing it instantly!
Using and outburst of energy, the warlord moves back to one of the gargoyles and strikes it, too.
"Fenwick! This one first!"

ooc: Everyone should read my sblock ->free shifts!

[sblock=OOC]

This is the second encounter, right: we gain an AP after it?

Reaction for rolling initiative: Battlefront shift to O30
Free: Change damage to radiant
Standard: Coup de grace: steel monsoon SM attack: 1d20 + 13 = 24
hit and dead (more than bloodied through cdC attack) 3 allies can shift 1 SQ (first takers)
Move: to P27
AP: Warlord's Favor vs gargoyle hits.
WF attack: 1d20 + 13 = 31
Damage: 2d8 + 10 = 21
and Fenwick gains a +4 to hit vs the gargoyle. (can reach Q27 with one move action)

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"That's the way, Master Riardon!" Gensai called, moving into position. "Master Rujah, right! Master Mervin, step back!"

OOC:
Unless Fenwick needs a shift, or Mervin disagrees, I propose the following use of the free shifts:

Rujah: O30
Gensai: P29
Mervin: P30

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Status update: [MENTION=1642]BenBrown[/MENTION]'s turn, and [MENTION=9789]evilbob[/MENTION] (for Mervin) and [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION] (for Gensai and Rujah) both need to specify free shifts.

Remove ads