• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Riardon pries at the glyph, and it comes out of the wall revealing a glowing power source, a translucent blue crystal that appears to have a storm raging inside of it. The crystal is connected to the glyph by a series of small metal filaments, and a single large cable protrudes from a hole bored into the back of the crystal running back into the hole in the wall, presumably to the door.

Riardon scratches his head. It is at this point that he finds himself without a clue as to how to proceed.

GlyphofWardingFailedThievery.png
GM: One failed attempt at disarming the glyph.

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai urges the others back, pointing at the glyph. "This thing looks as though it may well fall like the sword of damocles." Tying a rope around his waste, he throws the end back towards the others. "In case something goes horribly wrong, you can pull me back away from the door. Well, here goes nothing..."

[sblock=Thievery]
Thievery: 1d20+5=23

Hooray! ...right?
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
And indeed, nothing goes. By wit or by luck, none of the group is exactly sure which, Gensai manages to prise out the cable from the back of the tempestuous orb. The color in the glyph and in the filaments immediately dies, leaving only the glowing orb, which seems to be coated in a clear, rigid material that prevents the expected shock, when handled.

With new confidence, Gensai turns his attention to the door, which does not appear to be mechanically locked. Should he be the first to go in?
GM: The glyph is defeated. Congratulations! I'll need marching order through the door, and a description of how each PC enters.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Moving along...

The doorway opens revealing a small room uncharacteristic of the corridor from which the group enters. The room would be dark if not for the torches in the hallway and the light emanating from Riardon's blade. The dirty floor gives way to cleanly swept stone. Tables, desks, and shelves line the walls, and clutter the floor. On several of these are statuettes, candelabras and lamps, snuffed out.

On the shelves and tables lie books and scrolls, some open, some shut, and maps some of which seem familiar, and others which seem completely foreign.

The room is cold, and has the feeling of not having been disturbed for several days. The curtain on the right-hand wall tells a different story. It's been moved out of the way revealing a glimpse of the passageway beyond.

From beneath a table in the far corner, a low, regular sound can be heard as if a small animal is snoring.
OOC: The snoring sound is coming from under the desk at M31

[sblock=Gensai, Mervin, Riardon]A gargoyle statue, made of rust-colored stone, sitting on a desk in the corner of the room opposite the snoring sound appears to be smiling.
OOC: The statue is at M26
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary10.png
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION], [MENTION=1642]BenBrown[/MENTION], [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], [MENTION=83115]Theroc[/MENTION], [MENTION=9789]evilbob[/MENTION]: Roll call. I've been out a while myself. Just checking on everyone's status.

Where we are: Right now, I'm going to turn it over to you to inspect the room. If you look at a table/desk/shelf/etc... please specify the square number you will be inspecting. This will determine what you find.

Hint: There may be something worthwhile in this room.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon looks at the floor for dust or something like that. If it is there, there have to be tracks if someone moved through the room recently.

[sblock=OOC]

Perception: 1d20 + 9 = 22

What kind of roll would be needed to identify the creature that produces the sound?

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Riardon inspects the floor and the curtain. Though it is not obvious that anyone or anything went through here recently, it would stand to reason that the half-open nature of the dividing curtain is out of character for anyone who would want to protect the valuable information and items contained in this room.

It is likely that the kobold from the beach came through here in his flight.

[sblock=OOC]What kind of roll would be needed to identify the creature that produces the sound?[/sblock]
GM: The snoring can be identified by a Nature check DC 15 or inspection (no DC)

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Unable to identify the creature just by it's sound, Riardon whispers: "Anyone knows what this is? Be careful, if you move nearer. I think the gargoyle in the corner just moved..."

[sblock=OOC]

Nature: 1d20 + 4 = 10

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"I don't hear anything unusual," Gensai said absently, staring at the smiling statue. "Do you see the look of that gargoyle? Keep an eye on it."

The swordmage looked upon, and then riffled through, the items on the table at his right; he was only have concentrating, often looking back over his shoulder at the smiling statue.

[sblock=rolls]
Nature: 1d20+3=4 Nat 1
Perception: 1d20+3=14

[/sblock]
OOC: Sorry. I've been lost in reality for a while, but now that people are coming back, I'm back as well.

Remove ads