[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: I would suggest we do just the same as with Mervin with the others and Fenwick uses his good athletics skill to climb on the wall, like Riardon did.

evilbob

Explorer
OOC: The last person may wish to make a running jump to get across the last 5', since they seem to be a dangerous place to be. Also, they could keep the rope tied on themselves, and everyone could help pull them up from the pit. At the very least, it should make the athletics check easier.

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai looked at the dragonman, and for a moment, felt a flicker of a memory. it was not one of his own memories, but vivid none the less; and the power of the memory was not so much what he was doing, but what he was feeling: honor-bound to serve the dragonborn.

"You first, master Rujah," he said. "Follow the footprints already made."

OOC: BB, I would say just make three athletics rolls (rujah, me, yourself) and let's get this over with.

I assume Rujah and Gensai can take 10 to drop into the pit, since it's not that deep.

BenBrown

First Post
Having reset the rope, Fenwick braces and slowly inches Rujah across the gap. This done, he resets the rope again, as Gensai comes down into the pit. This one doesn't go quite as smoothly, but he manages to make it.

Once all of his companions are across the gap, Fenwick examines the wall of the pit to his right, finds a handhold, and makes his way across the last ten feet of wall, eventually reaching the edge where his companions can reach a hand out and help pull him up.

[sblock=rolls]Getting Rujah across (1d20+10=23)
Getting Gensai across (1d20+10=16)
Moving First square along wall. (1d20+10=23)
Moving Second square along wall. (1d20+10=23)[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
With everyone safely on the other side of the pit, the party continues on down the corridor, which winds its way for an uncomfortable distance. Lit torches cast a dim light, giving the hallway an eerie glow. Their walls seem to deaden all sounds. The floor is damp, and the smell of sea-salt still permeates the air.

No passageways appear to either side, but after a time, the group comes to the end, where a rusted iron door bars the way.[sblock=Mervin]A magical presence seizes you. It seems to be coming from above the door. At first, you just stare, thinking that the dim light must be playing tricks on your eyes, but after a few moments of inspection it is unmistakable. There is magical glyph carved above the door:
GlyphofWarding.png

The meaning is clear. Passage is dangerous.

GM: This is a glyph of warding.
Countermeasure: Thievery DC 20 (you get a +2 bonus. Not much, but every little bit helps).

Unfortunately, there seems to be no magical countermeasure to the glyph.
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Thedoor.png
[/sblock]
GM: Congratulations on making it past that thing.

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai looks at the iron door ahead, and then takes a few steps back to examine the torch in the wall. He wants to take it with him, but is concerned touching it may trigger something.

[sblock=rolls]
Perception: 1d20+3=23 Nat 20

Not only do I do a good job of failing at critical time, I almost always do great on garbage rolls. Oh well.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Gensai]I'm feeling generous due to the rarity of your crit rolls:

At first, you just stare at the lintel above the door, thinking that the dim light must be playing tricks on your eyes, but after a few moments of inspection it is unmistakable. There is glyph carved above the door:
GlyphofWarding.png

Examination of the torch reveals that it is an ordinary torch. The pitch on the torch is made from a combination of snake skin, kobold excrement, and straw. Neither it, nor its bracket are connected with the door in any way.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Shall I increase the light from my sword a bit? Anyone ideas regarding the door?" Riardon asks the others, sword and shield drawn.

[sblock=OOC]

I think we did a short rest between R' Feystep and now, right?

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: I imagine it's been about 5 minutes since you left the trap, allowing for the time that Gensai spent examining the door and torch. Fair enough!

Short Rest for all!

Remove ads