[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=DM Weapon Power Question]
Rujah's warhammer has the following daily power:
Power (Daily • Lightning): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. The target and each enemy within 2 squares of the target take 1d6 lightning damage.

Would you consider this a burst power, for the purposes of vulnerabilities?
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=DM Weapon Power Question]
Rujah's warhammer has the following daily power:
Power (Daily • Lightning): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. The target and each enemy within 2 squares of the target take 1d6 lightning damage.

Would you consider this a burst power, for the purposes of vulnerabilities?
[/sblock]
GM: Lighting multi-attacks are usually chain effects, meaning that they go from one to another. For that reason I would assume no, but the fact is that I have no idea really.

[MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION]: Ruling?

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: Still a bit confused. Is the flaming sphere still going? Will it do enough damage to take care of Horde #2 at the start of its next round?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Still a bit confused. Is the flaming sphere still going? Will it do enough damage to take care of Horde #2 at the start of its next round?
GM: Yep. It's still going. How much damage Horde 2 will take depends on Mervin's roll during his turn.

In any case, though, Horde 2 will take half damage because FS is a ranged attack, so it's unlikely that the Horde will die as a result (not like he'll last much longer).

BenBrown

First Post
Seeing Rujah in trouble, and an opening ahead of him, Fenwick moves in to attack the Kobold threatening the fallen warden. . . and utterly crushes his foe.
"Fenwick victorious again!" he yells, taunting the remaining kobolds. "Coming for you next!"

[sblock=actions]
Move: to P31
Standard: Howling Strike vs. Horde #2 (1d20+10=30, 1d12.minroll(3)+1d6+7=22)
Waste of a perfectly good crit.[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 5
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:18, Reflex:13, Will:15
HP:46/55, Bloodied:27, Surge Value:13, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 0 (used), Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike, Giantkind Gloves
Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack and damage rolls.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: I think BB was complaining about the fact that Horde 2 only had 9hp left, whereas he would have rather spent it on one of the Wyrmguard Scouts.

OOC: Yes. That and the fact that there are no targets in range to make my free attack for getting a crit. I didn't bother re-rolling the damage properly because any hit at all would finish the kobold off.

Remove ads