• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: @H.M.Gimlord
Can the kobolds get that far into the room? Because Rujah is using form of Winter's Herald, "each square within 2 squares of you, wherever you move, is difficult terrain for your enemies." So, I think, N28:R32 is DT. As a result, I don't think either could make it past O31, unless they moved twice.

I might use an IA to reduce damage, but I want to see if I am right about DT, and if that affects how/who they attack.

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]2nded Tenchu's concern, although ultimately it will really only affect their general position. But I'll also need to know where they end up so I can place the sphere (ps. everyone: leave a spot for the sphere :) ).

Also, if they DO manage to set off the trap again, can we get a marker as to where that happened? We've set it off twice now so we know it's a spot on the floor somewhere...

Btw, Mervin's plan for this round is to move the sphere and 2nd wind (unless the original attack gets changed somehow).[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Tenchuu's right. I got Riardon's chilling cloud (CB1) confused with the area for FOWH (2squares). Status should be up to date.

Summary:

• Check map and status for new locations and HP values
  • Gensai is not hit by the Dragon Clash from WGS1 because Fenwick and Rujah provide cover
  • WGS2 is still in the zone of flames.
  • The trap did not activate.

BB since WGS1 is now a legal target for your HS, and you'd incur an OA from WGS1 if you charged WGS2, I'll assume your HS is directed toward WGS1

As for a marker on where the trap trigger is, I think you can figure it out, heh ;)?

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"Master Mervin!" Gensai shouted, holding out his blade, which created a shielding bubble around the mage to absorb some of the enemy's attack.

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]
No Retcon needed here, at least in terms of one which delay's the other's players posting.

IA: Use Channeling Shield to reduce the damage done to mervin by 8. [/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: @H.M.Gimlord @Walking Dad @evilbob

HMG - Can WD Retcon his action because of your Retcon?

WD: Here's what I am thinking: We can't kill that Horde yet, and both of the scouts have it marked as their ward. Each time we damage it, those two scouts get to recharge their area burst (which, if used next round, will almost certainly kill Mervin).

I want to move away from my position, so I can help block the scouts from coming into the room. I would need you or Mervin (safer if it's you, I think) to take my place blocking the horde from entering the room. Since I have my AoS on it, it can't deal that much damage, if it can even hit. Downside to this plan: You won't be able to do much, except maybe direct the strike, which will trigger OAs (which I can reduce the damage to, but it still sucks). Alternatively, you could FeyStep to block the scouts, and your melee attacks could be more effective against them than mine (but that my AoS becomes kind of useless). Either way, one of us needs to Teleport to N31. I don't want that Dart Trap to go off again, which I am guessing the trigger is at N30.

Mervin: I WD can't Retcon, I think you should take your turn after me to move into my spot. My AoS will shield most of the damage from you, and you could standard for TD for more protection. If they trigger that dart trap and it hits, your dead. Of course, if I am wrong about the trigger location, you might be dead anyway, but if we don't act this turn to try and stop the scouts from triggering the trap, it's 100% certain to happen next round. However, if it recharges it's burst attack (which would be +9 vs your 17 Fort), you're probably dead. Riardon is really better suited for this mission, so hopefully he can retcon.

[sblock=IGNORE Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Placeholder. Still Thinking.

[sblock=Action Block]
Start of Turn: Regen 10
Standard: Sword Burst vs Horde1 (Ref)

• Target: Horde 1 S30
  • Attack: 1d20+10=
  • Damage: 1d6+6= +10 vuln = 23
  • Effect: Both are Marked TENT. Until the mark ends, if the target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes force damage equal to your Intelligence modifier after the attack is resolved. If a target marked by this power hits a creature within 10 squares of you with an attack that does not include you as a target, you can use an immediate interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any single creature by an amount equal to 3 (Con modifier).

Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Horde 1 (by me)
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +19
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 18, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 -- Speed: 6
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1

Vitality:
HP: 61/62, THP: 3/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
REGEN: 10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded: Property: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP,
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Yes, Riardon may retcon his actions, but I would prefer that he not re-roll unless his new actions require different mechanics.

I was going to lay down a general rule similar to how Iron Sky does his adventures, but I'm not sure exactly how to phrase it right, so I'll wait until I have more time.

BTW: Wyrmguard Scout 1 has marked Horde 1 as its ward, but Wyrmguard Scout 2 has marked Wyrmguard Scout 1 as its ward (not the Horde).

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Thanks HMG. This group of enemies is ANNOYING! :p I think that means you are doing a good job.

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] - Your move. (if you agree with my logic in the earlier post) Either teleport yourself to N31, or let me know you'll take my spot here. If you do take my spot, you should use a different standard action. We should avoid attacking the horde until it is no longer a ward and/or the scouts are both dead.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

In a blink, Riardon is suddenly flanking with Fenwick, his attack bites deep into kobold flesh.

[sblock=OOC]
My other at will gives a bonus to flanks. Can Gensai mark the wyrmguard instead of the swarm?

move: teleport to N31 (Feystep)
Free: Change damage to radiant
Standard: Basic Attack (1d20+13=22, 1d8+10=17)

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 28 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 5 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai used fancy footwork to feign an attack and step backward. With a quick glance back, he taunted the wyrmguard, "Your aim is poor, and it will remain poor, until you can stop me."

With a wicked grin, he turned back to the horde and feigned another attack to close the distance with better defensive positioning. "I'm ready for your too."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Shift back. AoS on Wyrmguard O31, shift forward to R30 to keep blocking the room entrance.

[sblock=Action Block]
Start of Turn: Regen 10
Move: Shift to Q30
Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Wyrmguard O31
Standard: Move: Shift to R30 (+1 to AC and Reflex)

[sblock=Ignore]Sword Burst vs Horde1 (Ref)

• Target: Horde 1 S30
  • Attack: 1d20+10=
  • Damage: 1d6+6= +10 vuln = 23
  • Effect: Both are Marked TENT. Until the mark ends, if the target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes force damage equal to your Intelligence modifier after the attack is resolved. If a target marked by this power hits a creature within 10 squares of you with an attack that does not include you as a target, you can use an immediate interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any single creature by an amount equal to 3 (Con modifier).
[/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +19
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 18, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 -- Speed: 6
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1

Vitality:
HP: 61/62, THP: 3/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
REGEN: 10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded: Property: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP,
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads