• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Ok so we still have a swarm still in either S30 or T30, depending on whether or not the map or the status is correct. It's also bloodied, but I think Mervin is going to focus on the other two guys for now, since the last swarm is fairly well locked up. Let me know if you need ally-friendly burst damage down there, though. In the meantime, since Fenwick opened such a nice hole, :) I'll keep the two artillery guys from moving around much - especially since they bunched up together, at least on the map.[/sblock]
Seeing Fenwick splatter minuscule kobolds all over the wall brings a smile to Mervin's face. "That never gets old," he chuckles. "Oh, and since you cleared a path..." With a flick of his hand, the flaming sphere goes bounding down the hallway toward the ranged attackers. For good measure, Mervin conjures another tiny ball of fire and flings it after the sphere right at one of the angry kobolds. The first one dodges it completely, but the tiny ball bounces off the wall and the second kobold gets hit smack in the face where it promptly explodes, knocking him to the ground. The entire area is set alight, although it's hard to notice with the raging ball of fire sitting right there as well.

[sblock=ooc]minor: sustain sphere

move: move sphere to O33; anything starting its turn next to the sphere takes 12 fire damage

standard: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation on O34 vs O34, P34: 19 vs. ref (miss), CRIT for 15 + 7 crit damage = 22 force damage on P34 and it is also PRONE.
Also, enemies entering or starting turns in area from O33-P35 take 2 fire damage.

In sum: both O34 and P34 will take 14 damage on the start of their turns unless something moves them, and P34 is prone.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mervin ministats]Mervin Male Human Wizard 5
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:18
HP:18/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:7/8
Action Points/Milestones: 0/0
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Thunderwave
(Wizard cantrips)

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Color Spray
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind
Orb of Nimble Thoughts

Flaming Sphere
Stinking Cloud

Irrefutable armor

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: PC:Mervin (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
RUJAH
The Dragonborn, barely standing, was bolstered by Riardon's attack, and then his own resolve. "It will take more than that to defeat me!" he growled, getting into a defensive position while he caught his breath.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
If I am doing something stupid, stop me. I am posting quickly on my lunch break.

Free: Use healing surge from Stand the Fallen power
Move: Stand Up
Standard: Second Wind

[sblock=Action Block Ignore]
Move: N/A
Standard: Form of Winter's Herald Attack vs AC

• Target1: Horde O31
  • Attack1: 1d20+9=22 Hit
  • Target2: Horde P31
  • Attack2: 1d20+9=21 Hit
  • Damage: 1d10+5=9 +10 vulnerable = 19
  • Effect: The horde are immobilized (save ends)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Opps! Thank you Tenchuu - I had completely missed that! Yes, Mervin will absolutely do that! Updated stat block below.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mervin ministats]Mervin Male Human Wizard 5
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:18
HP:28/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:6/8
Action Points/Milestones: 0/0
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Thunderwave
(Wizard cantrips)

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Color Spray
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind
Orb of Nimble Thoughts

Flaming Sphere
Stinking Cloud

Irrefutable armor

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: PC:Mervin (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=Rujah]I assume you use your move action to stand, right?

Also, I don't know if the "please let me know if this is dumb" comment still holds or not, but I'd say you're doing great. You just went from 1 HP to not bloodied and you're standing in a place so that the artillery guys can't move past you easily with your aura. Given they are standing next to a ball of fire, they either have to retreat to where they can't hit many of us, or they have to run into the room next to you (or past you and take OAs). Wardens are honestly great characters because half the time they can just STAND THERE and be amazingly effective. :)[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Rujah]I assume you use your move action to stand, right?

Also, I don't know if the "please let me know if this is dumb" comment still holds or not, but I'd say you're doing great. You just went from 1 HP to not bloodied and you're standing in a place so that the artillery guys can't move past you easily with your aura. Given they are standing next to a ball of fire, they either have to retreat to where they can't hit many of us, or they have to run into the room next to you (or past you and take OAs). Wardens are honestly great characters because half the time they can just STAND THERE and be amazingly effective. :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Fair Enough]I was contemplating moving to mark them, which would have been stupid, since I forgot he was prone! Also at work, I can't see the maps or the enemy stat blocks, so I was just making sure someone checked my post before HMG took it as solid.

Thanks,
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Aaaaaah! It burnssssssss!" One of the lightning casters in the hallway, rather than running away, chooses to embrace his fate. It scampers into the room, escaping the fire, as well as a fury of blows from Fenwick and Rujah. Having done this, it unleashes a deadly bolt that nearly kills Mervin.

The second stormer is not as sure as the first. He opts to stand up and stay where he is rather than leave the fire for the frying pan. He lets go with a brilliant electical burst that, despite all its brilliance manages to miss both the warden and the barbarian.

The squeaker in the doorway manages to cut into Gensai, but not too deep.[sblock=Mechanics]Wyrmguard Scout 1:
Free: Take 14 damage
Move: to O31
Fenwick OA: 1d20+10=18 Miss
Rujah OA: 1d20+9=15 Miss
Minor: Mark Horde 1 as Ward
Standard: Dragon Clash
Target1: Gensai
Attack1: 1d20+12-2(Cover)=15 vs. Fort Miss
Target2: Mervin
Attack2: 1d20+12-2(Cover)=30 vs. Fort Crit!
Target3: Riardon
Attack3: 1d20+12-2(Cover)=28 vs. Fort Hit
For 3d6+5=18 lightning damage

Mervin takes 25 for the crit.
Riardon takes 18

Wyrmguard Scout 2:
Free: Take 14 Damage
Move: Stand up
Standard: Dragon Clash
Target1: Fenwick
Attack1: 1d20+12=16 vs. Fort Miss
Target2: Rujah
Attack2: 1d20+12=15 vs. Fort Miss
Minor: Mark Wyrmguard 1 as Ward

Horde 1:
Overwhelm Surge Recharge 1d6=3
Standard: Horde of Knives
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+13=24 vs. AC for 1d8+6=12 damage

How lucky :p (again!)
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Ruajah: P30 31/62 HP 10/12 HS 1AP Bloodied Prone
Gensai: R30 51(61)/62 HP 10/11 HS 1AP Regen 10
Riardon: R29 28/54 HP 6/8 HS 0AP
Fenwick: P31 46/55 HP 11/11 HS 0AP
Mervin: R28 11/40 HP 8/8 HS 0AP Bloodied

Kobold Horde: 1 S30 37/84 Bloodied Marked by Gensai's AoS
Wyrmguard Scout 1: O31 61/75
Wyrmguard Scout 2: P34 3975

Kobold Horde: 2 O3 <-6/84 Dead
Kobold Horde: 3 Q31 -7/84 Dead
Ironstone Gargoyle 1: Dead
Ironstone Gargoyle 2: Dead
Runespiral Demon Dead
Troll: N28-O29 -5/100 Dead
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary18-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
WyrmguardScout.png

KoboldHorde.png

PoisonDartTrap-3.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick swings wildly at the foe in front of him, missing by a country mile.

"Fenwick chagrined by eventuality of missing kobold so badly," he says. "but determined to do better presently."

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Howling Strike vs. Wyrmgard Scout #1 (1d20+10=11)
Minor: blush abashedly
Move: shift to Q30[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 5
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:18, Reflex:13, Will:15
HP:46/55, Bloodied:27, Surge Value:13, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 0 (used), Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike, Giantkind Gloves
Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack and damage rolls.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads