[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Is Sheng's turn automatically last? I'm not sure that smoke helps me any (or maybe it does, and I just don't get it)
GM: If you all agree on an action for him to take, by all means, though I've gotten used to NPCing PCs ;), don't think for a minute that I get a thrill from it. On the contrary, it saves me a great deal of time if someone else does it.

That being said, though, Sheng is unconscious, so I suppose he won't be able to post an action until he is revived.

OOC: Has anyone a problem if I metagame to save Sheng's life?
If not I will enter and use Inspiring Word on Sheng and Rousing Words on Gensai, sacrificing my standard action for more healing.
GM: I don't think it's too much of a stretch. After all, Riardon came down the stairs to witness kobolds attacking his friends, while Sheng "someone" from within the dark cloud is fighting the kobolds.

The real question is whether or not anyone outside the cloud actually realizes that Sheng has gone down. This realization won't likely happen until Sheng lets the Deep Shroud lapse.

Once that happens, it will be fairly obvious that Sheng is an ally in need.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Gensai, I'm coming!" Riardon roars as he attacks, but misses the kobold by mere inches...

[sblock=OOC]

Minor Rousing Words on Gensai
move: to N42
standard: Lion's Roar vs Wyrm Scout 2

missed by 1. No healing for Tikchik. Sorry r1g :(

I rolled the save here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5539122-post374.html

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 54 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 3 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai felt rejuvenated from Riardon's word.

"You're still mine, Kobold. Don't forget it,"
He said, withdrawing from the smoke cloud. Turning his attention to the corner of the room, the ronin held his sheathed blade at his side at charged the other wyrmguard scout. At the last moment, he drew his blade in a horizontal slash, aiming for the eyes, but hitting the creature's chest. The katana bit through the armor and found flesh all the same.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Free: Spend 2 healing surges
Minor: AoS on Wyrmguard Scout 2 (O42)
Move: Shift to O40 (+1 AC/Ref)
Standard: Charge MBA vs AC

• Target: Wyrmguard Scout 1
  • Attack: 1d20+13=26 +1 (charge)=27
  • Damage: 1d8+6=9 +3(channeling Shield)=12
  • Effect: N/A

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 19, Reflex: 21, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 52/68, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 34, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 6/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"My new Insect ally: can you open the cell across from you? My master is inside, and he is fond of killing kobolds."

OOC: [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]
Don't know if you can, but since your character apparently managed to get out, it seems logical.

renau1g

First Post
The insectoid looks at the newcomers, his single blade held up defiantly as the cracked carapace betrays the brutal beating the creature has taken. Green blood oozes from the wounds but his mandibles click together quickly and he prepares for the end on his feet. Somehow though it doesn't come, the newcomers are not reinforcements for the kobolds, but seem to be enemies of his jailors. It takes a second for that to process and at the human's words his head tilts nearly 45 degrees to the side as it considers his words.

"Oh I not open the door, he did, maybe you can wake him up" Tikchik replies, pointing at the fallen robed man.

After the new human leaves him to rush after the kobold, Tikhick picks up his other blade and finally doesn't feel helpless.

He throws one of his blades at the kobold the new human is engaged with and charges towards the nearest enemy, the thrown blade scores a minor wound, but the thri-kreen's injuries appear to be catching up to it as his stab with the blade is deflected.

After he swings his left hand blade, the one he threw reappears in his right hand and he follows through on the momentum, slashing at the kobold, but again, the attack is dodged.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Pick-up other blade
Standard: Throw and stab - throw the blade at R40 charge O42 (ending at N42) - hits on the throw for 6, misses on the stab
Move: Offhand strike on O42 - just misses...damn. Well....a 4 and a 5 on the attack rolls when only a 6 was needed too bad...

*On first melee attack on Tikchik use disruptive strike - 1d20+15, 1d10+11 dmg and target takes -6 on roll (if hit)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Tikchik Tiktikchik Male Thri-Kreen Ranger 9
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Low-light
AC:24, Fort:22, Reflex:19, Will:19
HP:7/70, Bloodied:35, Surge Value:17, Surges left:6/7
Action Points: 1; Second Wind: Used
Powers:
Twin Strike
Throw and Stab

Thri-Kreen Claws
Off-Hand Strike
Disruptive Strike
Lashing Leaves
Invigorating Stride
Natural Terrain Understanding

Jaws of the Wolf
Snarling Wolf Stance
Attacks on the Run
Steadfast Amulet +2
Dwarven Drakescale
Casque of Tactics

Important Stuff:
+1d6 damage on quarry target

Conditions: Hurt, badly. Confused. Kinda hungry. A little tired.

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Tikchik Tiktikchik (renau1g - L4W Wiki)[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: I'm going to have to wait until tonight to post the update. @Voda Vosa : Welcome back! I wanted to XP you on your return, but I've evidently already found good reason to give you XP (too bad. I seem to find reasons more often than ENWorld will let me).

You still need to roll a death save. If you don't get around to it by tonight, I'll just roll it for you (but given how I've NPC'd your character you might not want me in charge of him anymore :erm:).

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The obscuring cloud covering Sheng disappears to reveal to all in the room that the mage has fallen.

Gensai's offensive on the kobold in the corner draws attacks from the rest of the reptilian guards. The converge, battering him significantly. The ronin, however, does not fail to notice that the guard is fiddling with some contraption in the wall. Immediately, a grinding noise begins to rumble, and dust starts to shake from seams in the prison wall. Evidently, the guard is attempting to open some sort of secret passage.

One breaks rank and goes after Tikchik, but the thrikreen is ready, skewering the poor beast who falls, lifeless, to the floor.[sblock=Sheng's Save vs. Death]1d20=9 Fail[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions]
Kobold Horde 1:
Overwhelm Surge Recharge: 1d6=4 Fail
Move: to M43
Standard: Horde of Knives
Target: Tikchik
Attack: 1d20+13+2(CA)-6(Disruptive Strike)=18 vs. AC Miss

Disruptive Strike vs. Kobold 1: 1d20+15=32 vs. AC for 1d10+11=14 damage
Kobold Horde 1 is dead.
Wyrmguard Scout 1's Dragon Clash is Recharged

Kobold Horde 2:
Overwhelm Surge Recharge: 1d6=2 Fail
Move: to Q41
Minor: shift to P40
Standard: Horde of Knives
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+13=29 vs. AC for 1d8+6=7 damage

Wyrmguard Scout 1:
Standard: Dragon Clash
Attack: 1d20+12+2(Flanking)=29 vs. Fortitude for 3d6+5=18 damage
Minor: Kobold Horde 2 is Wyrmguard Scout 1's Ward
Minor: Continue to work the mechanism in the wall

Wyrmguard Scout 2:
Minor: Shift to P42
Standard: Dragon Bolt
Attack: 1d20+14=15 vs. Reflex Miss

[/sblock][sblock=status]Riardon: N42 59(54)/59 HP 3/9 HS 1AP
Tikchik: N43 7/70HP 6/7HS 1AP Bloodied
Sheng: O43 -2/57HP 8/8HS 0AP Dying, Chaotic Defense, Failed Death Saves = 1
Fenwick: L46 31/67 HP 7/11 HS 1AP Bloodied
Gensai: Q40 27/68 HP 7/11 HS 1AP Bloodied

Dwarf Prisoner: P46 64/64
Kobold Horde 1: P44 -8/84
Kobold Horde 2: P40 26/84 Bloodied Warded by Wyrmguard Scout 2
Kobold Prisoner: P46 84/84
Wyrmguard Scout 1: R40 54/75
Wyrmguard Scout 2: P42 41/75[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ThePrison9-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]2X
WyrmguardScout.png

2X
KoboldHorde.png

[/sblock]
GM: Riardon was already at N42, so I placed Tikchik at N43.
[sblock=Secret Passage]The secret passage (S40-S41) will be fully open at the end of the next round.[/sblock]

Remove ads