• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: What is the save for? I thought the damage was an aura, not an ongoing effect? Anything that hinders Riardon from descending the staircase?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: You were attacked by the Rat Master here, and contracted ongoing 5 damage. I now realize that I did not write this explicitly next to Riardon's status update as I did with Gensai, but it is in the Enemy Actions block.

The aura added another 5 damage to his starting dose, for a total of 10, explaining the value of the parenthetical hp total in the status update.

Riardon cannot see anything on the stairs to hamper his movement, it's just that his 12 squares of movement landed him on J39 (count it up to be sure from the previous map, and if he can get further or not as far, post his correct position).

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: DM: Can you update the status locations?

BB, if you don't mind, I plan to teleport out of here if I can place myself in an advantageous location.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Everyone's location is still as it was in my last update here (see "Cells" sblock), except that Riardon has arrived at the bottom of the stairs (J39).

Still waiting for you and ren1 to post.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: I must have goofed up reading it last time.

So, L40 and P46. Are those enemies? And what are those things in N41/P41?

Thanks

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: L40 is Tikchik's pack and weapons.

P46 is some kobold who had the misfortune to be locked up in a cell like you all.

There are areas of his cell and the cell on rows M-N into which you can't see clearly yet.

N41/P41 are stocks for torturing prisoners. You can move through these squares with two squares of movement. They also provide cover.

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"Keep at it, Master Fenwick; that door is no match for your brawn."

In a blink, Gensai teleported from the room. He landed in the hallway, next to a kobold and Tikchik. The swordmage whipped his sword from it's scabbard and delivered a quick thunderous blow to the Kobold. Resheething the blade, he stood ready, eying both creatures cautiously.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: Armathor's Step - teleport to O41
Minor: AoS on Wyrmguard Scout 2 (O40)
Standard: Booming Blade vs AC

• Target: Wyrmguard Scout 2 (with CA from Armathor's Step)
  • Attack: 1d20+13=
  • Damage: 1d8+6=
  • Effect: if the target is adjacent to you at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+3= thunder damage

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 19, Reflex: 21, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 35/68, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 34, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 8/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads