[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Perhaps we should just let him Die. Either the GM will use Deux Ex Machina to keep him alive, or one of us will become the new king of the dwarves. Win win, I say.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: [MENTION=1642]BenBrown[/MENTION]: Since Iron Defender 3 is dead by the time Fewnick gets to him, I'll assume Fenwick moves safely to attack Iron Defender 4 with VtF and then shifts to attack Iron Defender 2.
TikChik, badly wounded rounds the corner to care for his wounds. Though he finds hiding difficult, his closest enemy is no longer concerned with pursuit as it turns to give chase to Sheng.

A large axe falls from the floor above, and lands behind Fenwick with an extremely loud

'Clang'!
GM: Stang lands at E15! (See Map)
[sblock=Stang's Stats]
StangShortBlock.png

[sblock=Picture of Stang]
ArkusAxe.png
[/sblock]Around the pommel is a dwarven script[sblock=Script]
Pommelinscription.jpg

[sblock=If you can read Dwarven]Translation: When it is my turn, I will show you my power.[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]The clatter is audible from anywhere on the island. It almost sounds like a thunderclap when it hits the rock.

Fenwick barely has time to react. The archer within the lighthouse, having lost his target to the stairs, picks a new one. His arrow strikes the orc in the back.

Taking advantage of the distraction, one of the iron dogs tears into the orc's leg as he turns to face the archer.

As if this is a cue to those above, the archers let loose a rain of arrows that finally bring Fenwick down. With three arrows in his back, and bleeding badly from his leg, the shock is just to much. The barbarian howls and collapses. Breathing, but still.

Riardon is so distracted by his friend's distress that the remaining ferrous hound finds an opportunity to strike, but misses. More arrows, however, come down, one finding a home in the healer's arm.

Sheng flies up the stairs, but cannot escape the lighthouse's mechanical guardian. The mechanical beast follows the mage up the stairs at a run.
GM: [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION], [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]: Combat has now begun on the second floor, so I've moved your status to the "Second Floor" spoiler.[/GM[sblock=Hankel's and TikChik's Actions]Hankel:
Free: Save vs. Death 1d20=17 Success!

TikChik:
Move: -B,29
Stealth: 1d20+11=15

Standard:
Second Wind

[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions:]Skeleton Archer 6:
Standard: Longbow
Target: Sheng
Attack: 1d20+13=23 vs. AC for 1d10+8=11 damage

Iron Defender 1:
Move: to B18
Standard: Charge to -A,16 second floor
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+16+1(Charge)=37(Crit!) vs. AC for 14 damage

Iron Defender 2:
Standard: Bite
Attack: 1d20+16=22 vs. AC for 1d8+6=13 damage

Iron Defender 4:
Standard: Bite
Target: Riardon
Attack:1d20+16=18 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 1:
Attack: 1d20+13=24 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 2:
Attack: 1d20+13=24 vs. AC for 1d10+8=16 damage

Skeleton Archer 3:
Attack: 1d20+13=33 vs. AC for 1d10+8=16 damage

Skeleton Archer 4:
Attack: 1d20+13=35 vs. AC for 1d10+8=15 damage

Skeleton Archer 5:
Attack: 1d20+13=19 vs. AC Miss
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Riardon: H18 37/64HP 1AP 7HS
TikChik: D27 27/70HP 0AP 6HS Bloodied +2 to all defenses
Fenwick: E16 -9/73HP 0AP 7HS Unconscious

Hankel: F24 -1/32 Unconscious
Skeleton Archer 1: C19 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 2: C20 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 3: C21 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 4: C22 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 5: C24 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 6: B18 51/76
Skeleton Soldier: I17Dead
Skeleton Soldier: I19Dead
Skeleton Soldier: H19 Dead
Skeleton Soldier: K18 Dead

Iron Defender 2: G18 69/115HP
Iron Defender 3: G17 -13/115HP Dead
Iron Defender 4: G19 26/115HP Bloodied[/sblock][sblock=Map]
LighthouseRoundHmm3.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]The well is of an unknown depth (until someone looks in). It can be climbed with an extra square of movement, but moving out of its square requires a DC 20 Acrobatics check or the creature must save vs. falling into the well.

The bone piles and rubble areas are difficult terrain.[/sblock][sblock=Hankel's Stats]
Hankel.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]X5
SkeletonArcher.png

4X
SkeletonSoldier.png

4X
IronDefender-1.png

MarrowshriekSkeleton.png
[/sblock][sblock=The Second Floor]The blade falls from the arrow slit, and lands precisely below the window
OOC: 1,2,3

Position = 1d6=2 (no bounce)
The barrel proves too unwieldy for Gensai to push without sheathing his blades, but upon doing so, he finds the going rather easy. The ronin makes his way down the hall past a stairway from which the noise of battle below seems to be growing louder. As he rounds the barrel through a doorway at the far end of the corridor, several things happen all at once.

From behind, Gensai hears a hideous shriek, and a ghastly skeleton appears, seemingly out of thin air, pulling the life from his body with its touch.

Even while the blademaster feels his life force draining from his body, Sheng flies up the stairway behind the skeleton with one of the mechanical dogs on his heels. The carbide canine sinks its knifelike teeth into the mage's leg, refusing to let go. Finally the clockwork beast tears free, taking with it a piece of Sheng's flesh.

The skeleton shrieks again at the surprise, making the two heroes cringe at the sound.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Marrowshriek Skeleton:
Free: Marrowshriek Recharge for last 3 rounds: 3d6=1,3,1 Fail!Fail!Fail!
Standard: Osseous Thrust
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+17 = 37 Crit! vs. AC for 17 damage
Minor: Marowshriek
Target 1: Gensai
Attack 1: 1d20+16= vs. Fortitude
Target 2: Sheng
Attack 2: 1d20+16= vs. Fortitude
Sheng and Gensai are both dazed.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
LighthouseSecondFloorRoundHmm3.png
[/sblock][sblock=Staus]Gensai: B17(Second Floor) 26/81HP 1AP 11HS Bloodied Dazed
Sheng: C26 19/66HP 1AP 6HS Bloodied Dazed

Iron Defender 1: B19 71/115HP
Marrowshriek Skeleton: ??? 148/242HP
[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Perhaps we should just let him Die. Either the GM will use Deux Ex Machina to keep him alive, or one of us will become the new king of the dwarves. Win win, I say.
OOC: Well, Hankel succeeded on his first death save, so you've got at least 3 more rounds to make up your minds.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon arcing blade beheads one of the mechanical creatures in a clean swipe.
"Up Fenwick! We will have later time to rest!"

[sblock=OOC]

standard: Steel Monsoon vs Iron Defender 4.
crit! Enough to kill it without rolling damage (27 min).
minor: Inspiring Word on Fenwick. Rolled extra healing below.
Free: Use Dwarven Armor to regain 16 HP

@BenBrown I will soon use a daily that will let you attack with an already used encounter power. Do you have a good one?

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 28 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 53 / 64 Bloodied: 32
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:16 Surges per day: 8 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Warlord's Recovery, Dwarven Armor, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Sheng is flying near the roof, thus out of the iron defender's reach.

From above, Sheng shoots a scintillation orb of multiple colors from his mouth, ashe screams a word in the dialect of the Jade Empire. The orb hits the Iron defender square. Electricity coursing the construct body, Sheng gains control over the creature, sliding it off the stares and crushing downstairs. Sheng then flies behind the skeleton, into flanking position, droping to the ground from the air. "Attack now Genasi!" he says in jadite.

Using flowform robe to save vs daze. Hit the iron defender for 27 lightning damageSliding to -A15, then to the first floor's -A16 and then off the stairs to A16 That's 5 squares of falling damage. Then move (fly) to -B18 to flank with Genasi.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=second floor]
A shield of ambient light took some of the sting off the Marrowshriek's blow. Touching the amulet on his neck and cleared his mind.

"Sheng" Gensai repeated, in case he fell in combat, "we must Find Fuel, Repair Beacon, and Light the Fire."

He drew his blade, and lashed out against the Marrowshriek. It spit fire, erupting into a huge flame that over took Gensai, and consumed him. As the flames died, he was gone, teleported to the other side of the room. Standing next to the staircase, he kneeled and thrust the still flaming sword down into the Iron Defender's head.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Interruot: Channeling Shield on me: reduce damage by 8.

Minor:
Periapt of Cascading Health: End dazed
Move: Draw Weapon
Standard: Hellspike Assault
Target1: Marrowshriek
Attack1: 1d20+15=33 +2CA=35 vs reflex
Damage1: 1d8+7=10 fire damage
Free: Teleport to A15
Target2: Iron Defender 1 (forgot to update description in roll)
Attack2: 1d20+15=27 vs AC
Damage2: 2d8+7=14 fire damage

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 23, Reflex: 23, Will: 19 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 34/81, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 40, Surge Value: 20, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=OOC][MENTION=1642]BenBrown[/MENTION] I will soon use a daily that will let you attack with an already used encounter power. Do you have a good one?[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I've only used the one so far. This turn I'm not going to be doing much other than making death saves, though.[/sblock]

Remove ads