• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION]: Gensai is on the stirs. A16 is a legal move from A15 (one square of diagonal movement down and to the East), but Gensai will have to climb the rail and descend to the floor (effectively 2 squares of movement because climbing is at half speed). Thus, Gensai cannot shift to A16. Moving to A16 will provoke an OA from both the ID and the MSS. If you still want to move there, go ahead and roll the OAs. Normally creatures grant CA during a climb, but I'll waive that since I didn't put this in the terrain rules, and I'm feeling guilty for it.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Oh, there's a railing? Oops. I was imaging something else all together in my head. I don't want an OA, that's for sure. If my encounter boots power (shift 2) helps, I'll use it. If not, no move.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: @Tenchuu : Shift 2 will work. Gensai is at A16
Hankel groans, still unable to rouse himself, "Here fella," TikChik tears the dwarf's tunic to make a tourniquet of sorts, "That should stop the bleeding." The thri-kreen rubs his forehead with one of his three claws while examining the stump where his fourth should be, "Hope you don't lose that arm fellah. I know how that feels."

Just as the ranger is beginning to feel proud of his first aid skills, arrows rain down from the parapets above, requiring him to hope that his friends are equally skilled.

Fenwick, too, is struck by an arrow, but remains on his feet.

As Gensai vaults the banister, the archer again lets a panicked shot fly, missing by a mile.

The mechanical dog is frustrated, not having anticipated the blademaster's daring move. It streaks down the stairs to engage again, but as it rounds the landing, a step crumbles out from beneath its paw. The metallic monster stumbles, snapping at stone floor instead of the ronin's flesh.

The skeleton at the top of the stairs howls in fury, making Gensai's blood turn cold. The skeleton follows his clockwork companion down the stairs, but is unable to follow through with a successful blow.[sblock=Stang's Stats]
StangShortBlock.png

[sblock=Picture of Stang]
ArkusAxe.png
[/sblock]Around the pommel is a dwarven script[sblock=Script]
Pommelinscription.jpg

[sblock=If you can read Dwarven]Translation: When it is my turn, I will show you my power.[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Hankel's and TikChik's Actions]Hankel:
Free: Death Save 1d20=4 Fail

TikChik:
Standard: Heal check to stabilize Hankel 1d20+7=17 Success!

[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions:]Skeleton Archer 6:
Standard: Longbow
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+13=21 vs. AC Miss

Iron Defender 1:
Move: to B16
Gensai's OA: 1d20+13=17 vs. AC Miss

Standard: (Bite)
Attack: 1d20+16=17 vs. AC Nat 1 Miss

Skeleton Archer 1:
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+13=19vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 2:
Attack: 1d20+13=19 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 3:
Target: TikChik
Attack: 1d20+13=33 vs. AC Crit! for 18 damage

Skeleton Archer 4:
Attack: 1d20+13=25 vs. AC for 1d10+8=10 damage

Skeleton Archer 5:
Target: TikChik
Attack: 1d20+13=27 vs. AC for 1d10+8=12 damage

Marrowshriek Skeleton:
Free: Marrowfeast Recharge 1d6=1

Minor: Marrowshriek
Attack: 1d20+16=31 vs. Fortitude
Gensai is Dazed

Move: B17

Standard: Osseous Thrust
Attack: 1d20+17+2(CA)=24 vs. AC Miss
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Gensai: A16 5thp+26/81HP 1AP 11HS Bloodied Dazed
Riardon: H18 53/64HP 1AP 7HS
TikChik: E25 -3/70HP 0AP 6HS Unconscious
Fenwick: E16 23/73HP 0AP 5HS Bloodied Carrying Stang

Hankel: F24 -1/32 Unconscious Stabilized
Skeleton Archer 1: C19 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 2: C20 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 3: C21 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 4: C22 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 5: C24 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 6: B18 51/76
Skeleton Soldier: I17Dead
Skeleton Soldier: I19Dead
Skeleton Soldier: H19Dead
Skeleton Soldier: K18Dead

Marrowshriek Skeleton: B17 122/242HP
Iron Defender 1: B16 5/115HP Bloodied
Iron Defender 2: G18 48/115HP
Iron Defender 3: G17 -13/115HP Dead
Iron Defender 4:G19 -1/115HP Dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
LighthouseRoundHmm5-2.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]The well is of an unknown depth (until someone looks in). It can be climbed with an extra square of movement, but moving out of its square requires a DC 20 Acrobatics check or the creature must save vs. falling into the well.

The bone piles and rubble areas are difficult terrain.[/sblock][sblock=Hankel's Stats]
Hankel.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]X5
SkeletonArcher.png

4X
SkeletonSoldier.png

4X
IronDefender-1.png

MarrowshriekSkeleton.png
[/sblock][sblock=The Second Floor]For now, the evil skeleton has forgotten Sheng, giving him time to heal, but the clatter of feet from the stairway leading upward suggests that the mage does not have long before more company arrives.[sblock=Map]
LighthouseSecondFloorRoundHmm5.png
[/sblock][sblock=Staus]Sheng: -B18 31/66HP 1AP 6HS Bloodied Dazed, no longer flying.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: GM: map shows marrowshriek in wrong spot

Iron Defender is dead. Marrow is bloodied.

Surrounded, Gensai again drew his blade in a spinning slash. The shockwaves blasted the iron defender into the wall, dropping him for good. The attack also left the Marrowshriek wounded, dripping dark puss.

The ronin held his blade out to keep the skeleton at bay as he stepped slowly into a better position. "I will kill you myself, if I must."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

FYI - as soon as I take 5 or more damage, I will (free action) convert my +1 AC Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula: The target can end this bonus as a free action to gain 24 temporary hit points

[sblock=Action Block]

Standard: Sword Burst
Target1: Marrowshriek
Attack1: 1d20+12=28 vs reflex hit
Target2: Iron Defender 1
Attack2: 1d20+12=27 vs reflex hit
Damage: 1d6+10=13 force damage
Move: shift to B16 (+1 AC/Ref)

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 23, Reflex: 23, Will: 19 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 26/81, THP: 5/5 Bloodied: 40, Surge Value: 20, Surges left: 11/12
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: - Is TikChik dying?
- Has he already used his second wind?
- If Fenwick enters melee with the Marrowshriek, I will use my daily that let's him use an already spent encounter power as a free action.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: not to be a jerk, but it looks like R1 is not coming back. Might be best for the rest of us to leave him be, and hope his saves work out.

(Much as it pains me to say this. I miss R1 a lot.)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: I've recruited Iron Sky to join in R1's place after this encounter. I'll work the story line when the time comes. Don't forget that any one of you could make a Heal check to stabilize TikChik. Then you can do as you please without worrying about him dying on you (that is unless he takes further damage).

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick considers this new axe he's picked up, but decides to stick with his old reliable for the time being. He stows the axe on his back, steps around the corner, and charges at the skeleton, his axe rattling its bones.[sblock=Actions]Minor: stow Stang
Move: to E18
Standard: Charge to C18, Howling Strike (Charge) vs.Marrowshriek: 10(1d20) +14 +2 +1 = 27; 9(1d12.minroll(3)) +5(1d8) +7(2d6) +9 = 30[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 8
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:20
:bmelee: +14 vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:23/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:5/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Resourceful Leader: When an ally Fenwick can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a
+3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

Conditions:
[/sblock]

Remove ads