[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Sorry to be out of it for a while, but I believe that [MENTION=1642]BenBrown[/MENTION] has a turn as a result of Riardon's IW on Fenwick. Fenwick begins his turn prone.

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick struggles groggily to his feet and plants his axe in the middle of the remaining creature in front of him.

[sblock=actions]Move: Stand Up
Standard: Tiger Claw Rage vs. Iron Defender 2: 11(1d20) +14 +2 = 27; 12(2d12.minroll(3)) +9 = 21That bloodies it, so the next attack by Fenwick or one of his allies vs. Iron Defender 2 is +3 to attack and damage.[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 8
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:20
:bmelee: +14 vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:29/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:6/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike, Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves
Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Resourceful Leader: When an ally Fenwick can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a
+3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

Conditions:
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
TikChik scrambles to the fore of the lighthouse, stooping down to prop up the fallen dwarf, "OK fellah. Hang in there, this is a trick they tried on me just before they amputated my arm," The thri-kreen massages Hankel's shoulder, grabs the area of the dwarf's largest wound and presses hard. A crack is heard from within Hankel's shoulder, and the dwarf lets out a mournful, unconscious moan of increased, pain. TikChik shrugs, "Heh. Maybe that's why it didn' t work on me."

Fenwick ignores the fallen axe, for the moment, which is just out of his immediate reach. Instead, he focuses his energy on the metal dog in front of him. The effort proves fruitful as he slashes the mechanical beast deeply.

The dog returns the favor in kind, tearing a gory wound in the orc's leg.

Gensai emerges onto the staircase in pursuit of the other canine construct, startling the undead archer on the floor below, who fires an erring shot, more out of desperation than out of malice.

The canine, though severely damage, is not so easily shaken. It charges up the stairs after the ronin, sinking its bladed teeth into his thigh.

GM: Stang is still at E15! (See Map)
[sblock=Stang's Stats]
StangShortBlock.png

[sblock=Picture of Stang]
ArkusAxe.png
[/sblock]Around the pommel is a dwarven script[sblock=Script]
Pommelinscription.jpg

[sblock=If you can read Dwarven]Translation: When it is my turn, I will show you my power.[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Hankel's and TikChik's Actions]Hankel:
Free: Save vs. Death 1d20=13 Success

TikChik:
Move: Run to E25
Standard: Stabilize Hankel 1d20+7=13 Failure

[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions:]Skeleton Archer 6:
Standard: Longbow
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+13=24-2(Cover) vs. AC Miss (included wrong bonus and forgot cover)

Iron Defender 1:
Move: Stand
Standard: Charge to B15 (Bite)
OA from Gensai: 1d20+13=24 vs. AC Miss
Attack: 1d20+16+1(Charge)=28 vs. AC for 1d6+8=11 damage

Iron Defender 2:
Standard: Bite
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+16=36 Crit for 14 damage

Skeleton Archer 1:
Target: TikChik
Attack: 1d20+13=22 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 2:
Attack: 1d20+13=15 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 3:
Target: Riardon
Attack: 1d20+13=18 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 4:
Attack: 1d20+13=20 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 5:
Target: TikChik
Attack: 1d20+13=15 vs. AC Miss
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Gensai: A15 6/81HP 1AP 11HS Bloodied
Riardon: H18 53/64HP 1AP 7HS
TikChik: E25 27/70HP 0AP 6HS Bloodied
Fenwick: E16 15/73HP 0AP 6HS Bloodied

Hankel: F24 -1/32 Unconscious
Skeleton Archer 1: C19 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 2: C20 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 3: C21 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 4: C22 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 5: C24 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 6: B18 51/76
Skeleton Soldier: I17Dead
Skeleton Soldier: I19Dead
Skeleton Soldier: H19Dead
Skeleton Soldier: K18Dead

Marrowshriek Skeleton: -A15 138/242HP
Iron Defender 1: B15 21/115HP Bloodied
Iron Defender 2: G18 48/115HP Bloodied (Next attack vs. ID2 is granted +3 to attack and damage)
Iron Defender 3: G17 -13/115HP Dead
Iron Defender 4:G19 -1/115HP Dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
LighthouseRoundHmm4.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]The well is of an unknown depth (until someone looks in). It can be climbed with an extra square of movement, but moving out of its square requires a DC 20 Acrobatics check or the creature must save vs. falling into the well.

The bone piles and rubble areas are difficult terrain.[/sblock][sblock=Hankel's Stats]
Hankel.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]X5
SkeletonArcher.png

4X
SkeletonSoldier.png

4X
IronDefender-1.png

MarrowshriekSkeleton.png
[/sblock][sblock=The Second Floor]
OOC: Iron Defender Fall Damage: 2d10=9
Gensai scrambles down the stairs after the mechanical hound, leaving Gensai to stare down at the skeletal specter below him. The freak of bones shrieks once more, sending a necrotic shockwave into the floating mage. It is all Sheng can do to stay in the air.

Taking advantage of Sheng's distraction, the skeleton pursues Gensai, and nearly eviscerates the roning right there on the stairs. Were it not for a single plate of armor, the evil thing's blade might have found his heart.[sblock=Enemy Actions]Marrowshriek Skeleton:
Free: Marrowshriek Recharge 1d6=4 Fail

Minor:
Marowshriek
Target: Sheng
Attack: 1d20+16=35 vs. Fortitude
Sheng is Dazed.

Move: to -A15
Sheng is dazed, so no OA

Stnadard: Osseous Thrust
Attack: 1d20+17=37 Crit for 17 damage
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
LighthouseSecondFloorRoundHmm4.png
[/sblock][sblock=Staus]Sheng: -B18 19/66HP 1AP 6HS Bloodied Dazed

Marrowshriek Skeleton: -A15 138/242HP[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]
GM: Am i still a valid target for the dazing burst attack since I am on a different floor now? (just trying to stay alive here!)

[sblock=WIP]
A shield of ambient light took some of the sting off the Marrowshriek's blow. Touching the amulet on his neck and cleared his mind.

"Sheng" Gensai repeated, in case he fell in combat, "we must Find Fuel, Repair Beacon, and Light the Fire."

He drew his blade, and lashed out against the Marrowshriek. It spit fire, erupting into a huge flame that over took Gensai, and consumed him. As the flames died, he was gone, teleported to the other side of the room. Standing next to the staircase, he kneeled and thrust the still flaming sword down into the Iron Defender's head.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: Periapt of Cascading Health: End dazed
Standard: Hellspike Assault
Target1: Marrowshriek
Attack1: 1d20+15=33 +2CA=35 vs reflex
Damage1: 1d8+7=10 fire damage
Free: Teleport to A15
Target2: Iron Defender 1 (forgot to update description in roll)
Attack2: 1d20+15=27 vs AC
Damage2: 2d8+7=14 fire damage
Move: Draw Weapon

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 23, Reflex: 23, Will: 19 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 6/81, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 40, Surge Value: 20, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Dang! You are right. At first I thought that it could hit both of you if the Marrowshriek was adjacent to Sheng during the attack (the attack is sonic in nature, Gensai is in the stairwell only one square down in elevation, well within earshot), but now that I look at it, CB3 can't hit both of you regardless of the elevation. I mistakenly calculated it like a burst. I will retcon.

*EDIT* Done! Gensai is not dazed (but Sheng is). Unfortunately, this does not affect his damage total.

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
When the defender bites Fenwick, he lashes out, battering it solidly. Once Gensai has wallopped the other one, he strikes again, destroying the monster. He breathes in heavily, as if drawing strength from his fallen foe, then steps over to where Stang is lying and picks up the axe.[sblock=actions]Immediate Reaction: Curtain of Steel vs. Defender 2: 10(1d20) +17 +3 +2 = 32; 29(3d12.minroll(3)) +9 +3 = 41
Standard: Warrior's Surge vs. Defender 2: 19(1d20) +14 +2 = 35; 3(1d12.minroll(3)) +9 = 12 and Fenwick spends a healing surge.
Move: to E16
Minor: pick up Stang

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]: If you're still planning to do the thing where someone regains an encounter power, either of the two I used this round would be just fine.[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 8
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:20
:bmelee: +14 vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:33/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:5/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Resourceful Leader: When an ally Fenwick can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a
+3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

Conditions:
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Now that the skeleton seems to have forgotten him and decided to go after Genasi, Sheng lands softly and after performing a series of moves and stances, opens his chakras and has his wounds close and heal.

Sheng heals 12 HP

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon is to far away to help Gensai directly and his call is more distraction than help...

[sblock=OOC]

move: to 19E
standard: Direct the strike on Gensai (I rolled for him below to speed up).

@BenBrownIt is less regaining an encounter attack power, than use one as a free action. I cannot use it currently on Fenwick, because he has no adjacent enemy and the attacks have melee range.

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 28 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 53 / 64 Bloodied: 32
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:16 Surges per day: 8 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Warlord's Recovery, Dwarven Armor, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: GM: I have white lotus riposte setup on Iron Defender 1 and Marrowshriek

Surrounded, Gensai quickly snatched a vial and drank the contents. Feeling slightly stronger, he drew his blade in a spinning slash that sent waves of force crashing into his two opponents.

He side-stepped off the stairs into a defensive posture. "Now, we finish this, oni."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: Minor: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula on self (+1 to AC)
Standard: Sword Burst
Target1: Marrowshriek
Attack1: 1d20+12=25 vs reflex hit
Target2: Iron Defender 1
Attack2: 1d20+12=28 vs reflex hit
Damage: 1d6+10=16 force damage
Move: Shift to A16 (+1 to AC/Ref)
AP: Second Wind
Free: Fire heart tattoo: gain 5 THP

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 23, Reflex: 23, Will: 19 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 26/81, THP: 5/5 Bloodied: 40, Surge Value: 20, Surges left: 11/12
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Also, as soon as I take 5 or more damage, I will (free action) convert my +1 AC Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula: The target can end this bonus as a free action to gain 24 temporary hit points

Remove ads