• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Rage of the Savage Lands (DM: Dekana, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Luinnar

First Post
I'm not going down that easy chicken, Beatrice mutters, breaking out of the various enchantments affecting her. Seeing his master in danger, Killer charges at the bird nearby, sinking his teeth into it. He then teleports away out of reach of its beak.

[sblock=Actions]
Start of turn, take 5 damage from ongoing.

Killer (gets an 1 action since Beatrice in dying).
Standard: Charge G1 flightless 1 24 vs AC hit for 10 damage and killer teleports to I3.

Saved vs Dominate, ongoing damage and death.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Beatrice at level 8]
Beatrice Human Blackguard|Warlord 8
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 21 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 26(+2 against OA) | Fort: 20 | Ref: 18 | Will: 20
HP: -16/59 | Bloodied: 29 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 9/9
Speed: 5 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1| Second Wind:
Melee Basic Attack (including her permanent melee CA from pack outcast): +16 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage (+2 AC item bonus against the target EONT.) +1d6 (horned helm) & +1d8 damage (vanguard weapon) on charge.
Ranged Basic Attack: N/A (have to use daggers)
Powers: Ardent Strike, Ferocious Strike, Direct the Assault, Body of the Wolf
Inspiring Word, Dread Smite, Vengeance is Mine, No Gambit Wasted, Encouraging Boost, Skald's Aura, Battlefront Shift
Blood of the Mighty, Stand the Fallen, Wraith of the Gods

Conditions: Dominated (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=When spending an action point(please read)]
Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see Beatrice spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to use this feature before the attack roll. If the attack hits he/she can either make an extra basic attack or a move action as a free action, is he misses the ally instead the ally grants CA EONT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=No Gambit Wasted (please read)]
No gambit wasted. (Encounter Immediate Reaction Melee weapon ✦ Martial, weapon)
Target:
One creature target by an ally's attack.
Trigger: An ally misses every creature with an encounter of daily attack power.
Attack: +12 vs. AC
Hit:
2d12+7 damage (+2 AC item bonus against the target EONT) and the triggering ally's attack is not expended.

Please mention in
OOC: OOC
if you are using the power.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vengeance is mine reaction]
Vengeance is mine (Encounter Immediate Reaction Melee weapon ✦ Martial)
Target: Personal
Trigger:
An enemy hits Beatrice.

Effect: Beatrice makes an MBA against the triggering enemy and one ally within 5 squares can move his or her speed and make a MBA against the triggering enemy as a free action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Killer the Blink Dog]
Hp: 29 AC:23 Fort21: Ref:21 Will:21 Medium Fey Beast
Init=Beatrice
Perception=+8 Low-light Vision
Speed 7

Aura 1:Killer or any Ally in the aura can teleport to another square in the aura as a move action. Any enemy in the aura grants Beatrice CA.

MBA Biting Blink:
+13 vs AC, 1d8+4 and Killer teleports 2 squares.

Str:14 Dex:20 Wis:14 Con:17 Int:2 Cha:6
[/sblock]

[sblock=Battlefront Shift (used)]
Battlefront Shift (Encounter No Action Burst 3 ✦ Martial)
Target:
You or 1 ally in burst.

Trigger:
You roll initiative.

Effect:
The target shifts half their speed.

Please mention in
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skald's Aura (used)]
Lasts until end of encounter or Beatrice is knocked out.

Aura 5:
Once per encounter, Beatrice or an Ally in the aura can use a minor action to spend a surge and regain an additional 2d6 hit points.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
In a dramatic turn of events, the heroes are able to strike down three of the bird-lizards within seconds of each other. The last shrieker, barely able to stand with the wounds it has taken, caws one last time and then turns to flee. It stampedes to the east at terrific speed.

The two larger bird-lizards, seeing this, also disengage from their objects of paranoia and run away, one to the west and one to the south. Jarel-karn's bird runs right past him and he is able to slash at it as it goes, tearing off several feathers with the blow - but not killing it.

Beatrice still lies on the ground dying.

OOC: Combat over! Beatrice is still dying, but since you have at least 3 rounds to get to her and activate her second wind (not a hard check), I won't ask you to roll for it. You should still act it out, though.
[sblock=actions]Jarel-karn's turn: In response to Jarel-karn's shifting, Flightless 2 makes a bite attack against him. It misses AC 17.

Eithal: Strength of Stone vs Flightless 1 misses AC 19. (1d20+15=19). Free: mark Flightless 1.

Shrieker 2: Double runs off the map to the east.

Flightless 2: Minor: Feral Surge to take a move action, using it to run just off the map to the south (through the water). This draws an OA from Jarel-karn, which hits AC 30 for 13 damage. (1d20+16=30;1d8+7=13). Flightless 2 then double runs further south off the map.

Flightless 1: Minor: Feral Surge to take a move action, using it to shift to D2:E3. Double runs off the map to the west.[/sblock]
[sblock=combatants]Shrieker
AC 22, Fortitude 17, Reflex 19, Will 21
Shrieker 2: 1/86 HP, bloodied

Flightless bird-lizard
AC 24, Fortitude 22, Reflex 19, Will 19
Flightless 1: 23/89 HP, bloodied, marked by Eithal
Flightless 2: 17/89 HP, bloodied, marked by Jarel-karn

Beatrice: -16/59, dying
--Killer: 29/29
Damen: 64/64
Eithal: 35/86, bloodied, focused on by Flightless 1
Jarel-karn: 79/89, focused on by Flightless 2
Scarmiglione: 59/59
Yishim: 45/45
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"Harold" runs over to Beatrice and tries to help her, though his skill at healing is limited to pressing a wad of something to the most heavily bleeding wound. "The lady is tougher than she looks," he calls out.

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn sheet his weapon and walks to Beatrice. He looks at Harold taking care of Beatrice. "Ok, our strategy really need some work, or we will get someone killed."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen emerges from hiding and dusts himself, straightening up his sleaves again. What we do not need is some crazy bat trying to kill us. Me, give me a target and it dies. As demonstrated. He keeps his crossbow handy as Harold tends the the old bat. Nice magic, by the by.

Luinnar

First Post
I heard that you hooligan youngster. Beatrice mutters sitting up. I would have them all on a skewer if that big girl did not start attacking the lizard people...

Now wheres the dog..DOG! she shouts and Killer comes running over. Dog check, arrogant Drow, check. Various other people, check. Now where did that big girl get to?

OOC: What is your policy on short rests Dekana? Can we use unlimited of Beatrice's healing (+2d6) by taking many short rests, or only what she has left? :)

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Spending 3 surges with Beatrice's healing SW=14+14+6+14+8

And 1 surge to heal Killer fully.

All her healing heals an extra 2d6.

[sblock=Beatrice]
Beatrice Human Blackguard|Warlord 8
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 21 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 26(+2 against OA) | Fort: 20 | Ref: 18 | Will: 20
HP: 56/59 | Bloodied: 29 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 5/9
Speed: 5 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1| Second Wind:
Melee Basic Attack (including her permanent melee CA from pack outcast): +16 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage (+2 AC item bonus against the target EONT.) +1d6 (horned helm) & +1d8 damage (vanguard weapon) on charge.
Ranged Basic Attack: N/A (have to use daggers)
Powers: Ardent Strike, Ferocious Strike, Direct the Assault, Body of the Wolf
Inspiring Word, Dread Smite, Vengeance is Mine, No Gambit Wasted, Encouraging Boost, Skald's Aura, Battlefront Shift
Blood of the Mighty, Stand the Fallen, Wraith of the Gods

Conditions: Dominated (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=When spending an action point(please read)]
Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see Beatrice spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to use this feature before the attack roll. If the attack hits he/she can either make an extra basic attack or a move action as a free action, is he misses the ally instead the ally grants CA EONT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=No Gambit Wasted (please read)]
No gambit wasted. (Encounter Immediate Reaction Melee weapon ✦ Martial, weapon)
Target:
One creature target by an ally's attack.
Trigger: An ally misses every creature with an encounter of daily attack power.
Attack: +12 vs. AC
Hit:
2d12+7 damage (+2 AC item bonus against the target EONT) and the triggering ally's attack is not expended.

Please mention in
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vengeance is mine reaction]
Vengeance is mine (Encounter Immediate Reaction Melee weapon ✦ Martial)
Target: Personal
Trigger:
An enemy hits Beatrice.

Effect: Beatrice makes an MBA against the triggering enemy and one ally within 5 squares can move his or her speed and make a MBA against the triggering enemy as a free action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Killer the Blink Dog]
Hp: 29/29 AC:23 Fort21: Ref:21 Will:21 Medium Fey Beast
Init=Beatrice
Perception=+8 Low-light Vision
Speed 7

Aura 1:Killer or any Ally in the aura can teleport to another square in the aura as a move action. Any enemy in the aura grants Beatrice CA.

MBA Biting Blink:
+13 vs AC, 1d8+4 and Killer teleports 2 squares.

Str:14 Dex:20 Wis:14 Con:17 Int:2 Cha:6
[/sblock]

[sblock=Battlefront Shift (used)]
Battlefront Shift (Encounter No Action Burst 3 ✦ Martial)
Target:
You or 1 ally in burst.

Trigger:
You roll initiative.

Effect:
The target shifts half their speed.

Please mention in
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skald's Aura (used)]
Lasts until end of encounter or Beatrice is knocked out.

Aura 5:
Once per encounter, Beatrice or an Ally in the aura can use a minor action to spend a surge and regain an additional 2d6 hit points.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads