[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
Beginning of Round 3...

Out of the pan...into the fire!

OOC: Couple things of to note:
1. Beast is not within the 20 square zone of Drew's Sunrod...uh the beast can see you though :) Sharpe's mount can see it.

2. Time to break out all you got. You're going to need it. They'll be an extended rest in the future, I promise :)

3. The pile of vegetation that used to be a shambling mound is now DT.

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC: ok, I am bit confused now, is it on the ground? and how far from Zharne is it (according to the map it is 3 squares)?? IE is it farther then 20 squares away(IE is the map correct?)?

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: I take it that the sunrod has a 20 square radius. I thought that it could only light up 20 squares. My mistake. In any case, I'll fix the map. And now you see a black dragon. As for the mound, the creature had 12 HP after round 2. It attacked Drew, which gave Prime an OA. Prime killed it with the OA.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I don't know if the beast is within range (can't find how far up it is), so let me know if I need to move Sharpe.

A dragon! Sharpe says happily. I need more dragons! Come to me my angel of music! he says, shooting a arcane bolt at the dragon. Too bad it was the wrong spell.

Blast! Well if you won't come to me then I'll just have to come to you! He says accidentally stabbing himself. Hey that tickled!

He looks around. Minions! Observe my iron constitution! Even stabbing myself has not harmed me. The black dragon may gnaw your legs off and eat your eyes, but always remember, its life is worth more than yours!

Now take it alive, charge!

[sblock=actions]
Move: Shift East.
Minor: Majestic Word, Sharpe gains 4THP and spend a surge gaining 15 HP.
Standard:Stirring shout ranged 10, miss.
Effect: Any ally who hits the Black Dragon until the end of the encounter gains 5 HP.
ACTION POINT:
Standard: Inspiring Fortitude burst 5, Sharpe spends his second wind and everyone besides Sharpe gains 14 THP (remember THP overrides not stacks).

Ongoing damage and AC succeeded.
[/sblock]

OOC: Summary:
Stirring shout:
Effect: Any ally who hits the Black Dragon until the end of the encounter gains 5 HP.

Inspiring Fortitude: Everyone gains 14 THP (besides Sharpe)

[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 3
Init: +1, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 11
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 17, Spd: 5
HP 4+34/40
Bloodied 20 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 10/11
AP: 0, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +3 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
Majestic Word X1, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence)

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Malifixindalaunt The White Dragon]
Malifixindalaunt (Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 14+60/60; Bloodied 30
AC 20; Fortitude 20; Reflex 17; Will 17
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the
Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect:
Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: I don't know if the beast is within range (can't find how far up it is), so let me know if I need to move Sharpe.

OOC: After spraying his acid breath weapon the dragon landed on the ground at his present location. On another note, Sharpe took 5 ongoing damage before making his save. I didn't see that in your post. The damage will be deducted before the healing he did and the temp hp will be added at that point.

OOC: Second roll to hit on Gellan: Hit

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: After spraying his acid breath weapon the dragon landed on the ground at his present location. On another note, Sharpe took 5 ongoing damage before making his save. I didn't see that in your post. The damage will be deducted before the healing he did and the temp hp will be added at that point.
OOC: I did take the damage off, I just did not note it. Sorry, I will be sure to do so next time. :) He was at 19HP so 19+15=34+4THP.

RedBeardJim

First Post
OOC: And that's a crit, so I ended up taking 15 points instead of 14. Good job, self. At least I get the damage bonus from Primal Halfling Counterattack.

Gellan grits his teeth at the pain of the acid, and charges at the beast, taking a mighty slash as the tattoos on his face take on a reddish glow. A faint echo of rumbling hooves, like a stampede of horses, follows in his wake as he dances around the dragon, swinging again.

[sblock=Actions]Knowledge Check: Nature (+8): 13
Beginning of turn: Gellan takes 5 acid damage.
Move: Gellan walks to M-9.
Standard: Gellan attacks the dragon with Thunder Hooves Rage. Misses with a natural 1, doing half damage of 16. Gellan enters the rage of the thunder hooves: he can pass through one or two enemies's spaces on his turn, and when he moves through an enemy's space his next attack against that enemy during that turn does an extra 1d8 damage.
Action point, Standard: Gellan attacks the dragon with Pressing Strike, shifting through the dragon's square to K-10 before attacking. Hits AC 21 for 26 damage. Don't know if that's a hit or not.
End of turn: Save vs. AC penalty and ongoing damage: 20 is a success.[/sblock]
[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 5 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Initiative: +5 Senses: Normal
AC: 20, Fortitude: 19, Reflex: 17, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 31/51, Bloodied 25, Surge Value 12, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Whirling Frenzy, Whirling Step

Swift Panther Rage, Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Question, supposing I can slide the dragon 3 squares, would it trigger AoO from everyone around it? Oh and thanks for the compliment dimsdale, I enjoy making detailed descriptions =)

Remove ads