[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Sliding doesn't provoke AoOs. Also, I plan on eventually positioning myself around the J row, so it'd be a good idea for Vermitrax to avoid that zone just in case it decides to use again the breath weapon without triggering the Mark.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Looks like Vermitrax is moved in the map and there's a new burst, or area, but no post from Voda Vosa.

Shield dripping with acid, Prime seemingly malfunctions at the sight of this new enemy. The right wrist joint starts spinning at high speed, and his torso too jerks in sudden circles, making the automaton a menace to everything nearby. Several hits rain on the dragon.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Shift to current position.

Standard: Shield feint attack. It surely fails to hit, but the dragon is Marked.

AP-Standard: Villain's menace daily attack. Reaching AC 32, I very much hope it hits, dealing 18 damage, and recovers 5 HP thanks to Sharpe's Stirring Shout. Prime now has a +2 power bonus to hit and a +4 bonus to damage against the dragon until the end of the encounter.

Minor: Activate Rain of Steel daily power: each enemy that starts its turn adjacent to Prime suffers 1d10+1 damage as long Prime can make opportunity attacks.

EDIT: I'm not sure if Villain's menace's "bonus to damage rolls" apply to Rain of steel. If so, the dragon suffers 4 more damage[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter 5
[sblock=Things to remember]
  • Prime has damage reduction 1 against all damage
  • When an enemy marked by Prime makes an attack that doesn’t include him, he can make an Immediate Interrupt to make a Melee Basic Attack against him. If the attack connects, he can push the target up to 3 squares; since interrupts happen before the action that provoked them, pushing an enemy that attacks an ally beyond reach can potentially negate the attack altogether. Notice also that this attack isn’t an opportunity attack
  • Prime has a +2 bonus to hit with Opportunity attacks and if they hit they stop enemies if a move provoked the attack. They can resume moving using other actions.
Trigguers:
Shield Edge Block when the -4 to the enemy’s roll can negate the attack
Guardian’s Counter when an ally within 2 squares is attacked, especially if the swap would negate the attack (it hit the ally’s defense, but is not high enough to hit Prime’s)
[/sblock]
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 23, Fort: 19, Ref: 16, Will: 16
HP:52/58 THP: 14 Bloodied: 29, Surge value:14, Surges/day: 13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 0
Powers:
Tide of Iron, Shield Feint, Pass Forward
Hack and Hew, Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Guardian’s Counter, Second Wind
Villain’s Menace, Rain of Steel, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] , what is the gray thing on the map? at first I assumed it was the dragon but when I was about post Z's action I got unsure

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] , what is the gray thing on the map? at first I assumed it was the dragon but when I was about post Z's action I got unsure

Hmmm...I don't know, I didn't put it on there, and it wasn't there last night. I wonder if it is something that Vermitrax has in mind. He has not posted this round yet, but I see that he has moved.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Seing the dragon appear out of nowhere, Vermitrax moves away, to the edge of the forest. Once there, he opens his book, pages pass at an incredible speed, and are stopped dead in one particular page. The mage grins and raises his hand, as he begins to draw arcane sigils and runes in the air, his fingers leaving a yellow energy trace that makes up the lines. As he intones the words of power, Vermitrax takes from the pouch hanging from his belt, a few of the bones he gathered from the campsite when the group arrived. "... vita... mortis... Oseum animum!"
At the last chant of the spell, he throws the bone fragments through the arcane sigils that float in front of him. As the go through the sigils, the bones morph into razor sharp blades, that fly towards the dragon, and begin to spin in place cutting through scale and flesh.

OOC: Of course it was I, Voda Vosa who made all that, and then went to sleep because I'm a lazy ass and ended up not posting. Moving, then Casting Cordon of Bones in the grey area. Attack is vs reflex, for untyped dmg. The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of Vermitrax's next turn. Creatures take a -2 penalty to attack rolls while in the zone, and any creature that enters the zone takes 5 damage.

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
Zharne assumes his elf form again, after that he moves to a more strategic place then wolf-whistles and a wolf appears out of the forest then Zharne whistles and points to the dragon. The wolf howls in acknowledgment and charges the black dragon biting at it's hind-leg making it fall prone, at the same time the dragon falls, Zharne says, "That is why he called TIMMBEER!!!" and smiles a wolfgrin

[sblock=Action Details]

Minor Action:wildshape back to elf and shift 1 square W
Move Action:move to H8
Standard Action:Summon Pack Wolf at L12 then command it to charge(to LL10) the dragon(hits ref 30 for 13 damage and the dragon is knocked prone)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dims]
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]
Question for DM: if Drew flies 8 squares up and drops on the dragon could he make an attack and do a damage to the dragon taking same himself:
IDEAL: do 8d10 (from falling 8) total, full (or half at least) to the dragon, half to Drew who can reduce this by his acrobatics plus do a standard action attack before the hit (since move action ends in the air)

Options: do 8d10 to himself and the dragon (this one is risky, I could kill myself :) ) Reduce by acrobatics

Unacceptable risk: do full 8d10 to both

Monks are supposed to be cinematic :)

EDIT: [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]: Details, details...

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Dims]
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]
Question for DM: if Drew flies 8 squares up and drops on the dragon could he make an attack and do a damage to the dragon taking same himself:
IDEAL: do 8d10 (from falling 8) total, full (or half at least) to the dragon, half to Drew who can reduce this by his acrobatics plus do a standard action attack before the hit (since move action ends in the air)

Options: do 8d10 to himself and the dragon (this one is risky, I could kill myself :) ) Reduce by acrobatics

Unacceptable risk: do full 8d10 to both

Monks are supposed to be cinematic :)

EDIT: [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]: Details, details...

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I am all for moves that may cause death, but I can't justify 8d10. How about 4d10 since Drew will lose some speed in decent due to crashing though the canopy of the trees. Hmmm That might cause addition damage towards drew. I'm open to discussion on the amount of damage for Drew's attack. Luinnar mentioned 1d10 for 10 ft. Anyone else. I'm new at the DM thing. Anyone else with more experience have an idea. Do I bring a judge in for this? Or do I say what I think. Speaking of judge, I need one :)
[/sblock]

Remove ads