[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], there seems to be a misunderstanding. Infectious Spark is triggered by attack on Primera, not her allies (and she wasn't attacked by blast attack). So, no bonus damage on the hound, no bonus from mark punishment, no ntohing. But good news, adjacent allies have +1 to reflex from her.

OOC: [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]: I will fix that. Thank you. [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]: Thank you for the clarification. With you help, as well as everyone else's help, I will get through this. I hope that all of these corrections aren't taking away from the enjoyment of the adventure too much. Speaking of that, then end of this adventure is coming soon. There is a sequel to this adventure. Please pm me if you are willing to continue. Also, since this is my first DM experience, I'd like some feedback on what I did well and what I need to improve on.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=No Internet Access]I will be without reliable internet access for about a week. I expect to be back up around 8/28 - 8/29. Feel free to NPC me as needed.[/sblock]

"Away with you, filthy hound!"
Halleck shouted as he moved up. The words weren't as effective as the tone itself, making the hound cringe back.

[sblock=Note to other Players: Bravura]
Halleck has the Bravura Presence:
When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Melee characters might also want to save their AP until I hit with Withering Courage, so they can double dip on the +5 damage bonus.
[/sblock][sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: NA
Move: Walk to J29 (+1 to AC / Ref)
Standard: Vicious Mockery

• Target1: Hound1
  • Attack1: 1d20+11=29
  • Damage: 1d6+7=9
  • Effect: the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
[sblock=Ignore]

• Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.
  • S5 MBA on Halleck: 1d20+11=24 miss

REMOVE THIS WHEN YOU USE BRASH ASSAULT NEXT[/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 20

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 43/55, THP: 0/8 Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 6/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +11 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Withering Courage, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc, Recoil Shield Knockdown Immediate Reaction
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Canon of Avoidance, Dwarven Scale Healing, Harmonic Spellblade Boon,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Arcana +3, Athletics +9, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +17, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +8, Heal +9, History +3, Insight +7, Intimidate +13, Nature +5, Perception +5, Religion +3, Stealth +2, Streetwise +9, Thievery +2

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log]
1. Thorkelson, a bald, tattooed man, entered the hangman's tavern and recruits Halleck and Vimak for a job. Thorkelson, needed some protection at the docks, but apparently had some sinister other motive, since he used drinks from the bar to drug Halleck and Vimak.

2. Wake up in the middle of a fight, being helped by strangers. Give the bandits a beating,

3. Get approached by the bandit leaders, who have two girls that look exactly like that one we want. The real girl is revealed, and natural, a fight breaks out. After we smash the goons, their leader, Hank the Tank comes out. And, eventually, Hank gets killed.

4. Get the real mission: deliver Lerrick to brother Buchta, so he can remove the mark of Trogdor from her forehead. The mark is in indicator to all that Lerrick has been chosen to be sacrificed to the dragon Bosch. Your quest as of now is to provide safe passage for Lerrick to brother Buchta so that he can perform the ritual. This includes taking her to the portal, traveling thought it, and then taking her from the portal to brother Buchta's place of residence.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

with neurotic on vacation (I'm temporarily running Rocco and hoping I don't mix up accounts) until 27th, and me going this Saturday on a cruise (I'm working, not enjoying :( ) could we put the game on hold for a week?

Finishing this encounter before that would be excellent

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'm still checking in, but yes, I'm on vacation. I'm traveling tonight and won't be available until 28th.

You're doing great dimsdale, don't worry about occasional detail - it's not like we had to redo whole rounds.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Quan aims at the hound next to Skaliss and knocks it back away from the Paladin.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Clever shot vs. hound 2: 1d20+14, 1d12+10 → ([16, 14], [3, 10]) Roll Lookup Hit AC 30 for 13 damage. Shift the hound back two squares.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]"Quan" Thatcher- Male Human Hunter 6
Active Stance: Aspect of the Pack Wolf[sblock=Pack Wolf]
1. Quan does not provoke opportunity attacks when leaving squares adjacent to his allies.
2. When he makes a basic attack against an enemy adjacent to two or more of his allies, he gains a +1 power bonus to the attack roll. He gains a power bonus to the damage roll against the enemy equal to the number of allies adjacent to the enemy.[/sblock]
Initiative: +8, Passive perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 21, For: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17 HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge value: 12, Surges/day: 7/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot,
Disruptive Shot, Disruptive Shot, Reactive Shift, Assassin's Shroud 1 2, Heroic Effort, Boots of Free Movement
Healing Lore, Entangling Roots, Shadowdance Leather[/sblock]

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss stabs at the nearby hound and compels it to do combat.

[SBLOCK=Actions]
Skalisss resists 2 of the acid damage from Vimak's rune state and gains 5 temp hit points from another of his powers.

Standard Action: Bolstering Strike on H1
Hit, Skalisss gains 2 temp hit points.

Minor action: Divine Challenge on H1
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss- Male Dragonborn Paladin (Natural Humanoid) 8 CharacterSheet
L4Wrequest_09.jpg

Initiative: +8 Senses: Normal P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 21
HP: 64+7 temp/74 SurgeValue: 19 Surges: 11/11
AC:26 Fort:21 Reflex:18 Will:21

Action Points: used Second Wind: not used Resist: none Speed:5 Conditions: none BasicAttack: - "Inescapable Longsword", +15 to Hit vs AC, 1d8+10 damage BasicRangedAttack: - Javelin, +11 to Hit vs AC, 1d6+5 damage, range 10/20

[SBLOCK=Powers]
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Righteous Smite USED
Divine Reverence USED
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
USED
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Paladin's Judgement
Sacred Circle
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
Martyr's Retribution
Wrath of the Gods USED [/SBLOCK]

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Skalisss_(jryoung)
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Successful attacks by Raijin, Halleck and Skalisss kill one of the hounds. The other one was hit by an arrow from Quan, causing the beast to stagger backwards.

OOC: Nementah, Vimak and Rocco up

[sblock=DM Notes: Please Ignore]
[sblock=Mechanics]
Round 4:
Nementah:
Vimak:
Raijin: Hit H1 for 14
Skaliss: Hit H1 for 13
Rocco:
Halleck: Hit hound 1 for 9: H1 -2 to attack rolls
Quan: Hit H2 for 13: H2
Lerrick: Still talking to cleric on other side of portal

Total Damage to Enemies:
H1: -36 DEAD
H2: -13
Baddies turn:

H2:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Quan: 50/50 +7 Temp HS 7/7 AP 1:
Rocco: 57/67 HS 12/12 AP 0
Nementah: 53/61 HS 11/11 AP 1:
Raijin: 52/56 HS 6/6 AP 1:
Primera: 13/13
Vimak: 34/54 +3 Temp HS 10/10 AP 1: damage absorbe
Halleck: 51/55 HS 8/8 AP 1:
Skalisss: 60/74 HS 11/11 AP 1: hit for 0 after all temp hp and resist hp used

Enemies:
Dragonborn Soldier S1:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S2:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S3:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S4:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S5:UNCONSCIOUS
Dragonborn Soldier S6:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S7:UNCONSCIOUS
Dragonborn Gladiator G1:UNCONSCIOUS
Dragonborn Mage M:DEAD
Acid Hound H1:20/94
Acid Hound H2:38/94
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]

Acid Hounds
Initiative +5 Senses Perception +11
Acid Shield (acid) aura 1; any creature that enters or begins its turn
in the aura takes 1d6 acid damage.
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Refl ex 17, Will 18
Resist 20 fi re
Speed 7
m Bite (standard; at-will) ✦ Acid
+10 vs. AC; 1d8 + 2 plus 1d8 fi re damage.
C Acid Breath (standard; recharge ⚃ ⚄ ⚅ ) ✦ Acid
Close blast 3; +9 vs. Reflex; 2d6 + 3 acid damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives
Deliver Lerrick to Brother Buchta
Deliver a metalic orb to Brother Buchta currently held by Skalisss
Found a metalic orb given to Lerrick by an alpha wolf. She was told to give the orb to Nementah.
Found another metalic orb in the possession of a corpse. Halleck currently has that one.

Summary of Events
Prevented a flesh golem from killing the Weinfurter family. Body guard turned bad.
Dismantled the Crossed Sword and Skull Gang by killing Leader Hank the Tank
Prevented a possible encounter with a pack of wolves.
Killed a hill giant and his ogre henchmen
Kill a giant worg
Found portal and teleported.
Met resistance from followers of Bosch.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 7

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 3 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

WoD (Protection)
H2 deals 3 less damage until end of Vimak's next turn

Vimak steps forward, but stays outside the hounds acid aura. His wrath powers his next attack with the his glowing rune halberd.

[sblock=ooc]

move: to S31
standard: WoD vs H2 (AC)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 15 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 18 Will 20
Initiative: +5
Hit Points: 51 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 4
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 1/2, Stone’s Endurance, Walk it Off, [sFlames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement[/s]
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, [sExtra Lightning Damage[/s.

Condition:

WoD (Destruction)
W3 gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- adjacent allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (none)

[sblock=Dread Weapon]
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus, and the target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily ✦ Fear): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with this weapon. The target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

map
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Nementah kills the remaining bloodied hound. The bloodied cleric limps as quick as he can, back from the direction he came, pleading those nearest to him to follow after retrieving Lerrick. Those near to the east exit can hear voices.

[sblock=perception check 18]
The voices are humaniod but you can't tell whether friend or foe
[sblock=perception check 22]
You can tell that the voices are common and daconic and that fighting is taking place
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

OOC: Although there are no foes nearby, what events take place in the future are still part of this encounter. No time to rest. The heroes have a choice

1. Move to the West to assist the cleric
2. Move to the right and discover what is taking place beyond the door
3. A combination of both

Feel free to discuss (in character) what you plan on doing, then make a movement after declaring your intensions

[sblock=Mechanics]
Round 5:
Nementah: Kills H2
Vimak: Hit H2 for 21
Raijin: Hit H1 for 14
Skaliss: Hit H1 for 13
Rocco: No attack needed
Halleck: Hit hound 1 for 9: H1 -2 to attack rolls
Quan: Hit H2 for 13: H2
Lerrick: Still talking to cleric on other side of portal

Total Damage to Enemies:
H1: -36 DEAD
H2: -13 DEAD
Baddies turn:

None: No monsters

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Quan: 50/50 +7 Temp HS 7/7 AP 1:
Rocco: 57/67 HS 12/12 AP 0
Nementah: 53/61 HS 11/11 AP 1:
Raijin: 52/56 HS 6/6 AP 1:
Primera: 13/13
Vimak: 34/54 +3 Temp HS 10/10 AP 1:
Halleck: 51/55 HS 8/8 AP 1:
Skalisss: 60/74 HS 11/11 AP 1:

Enemies:
Dragonborn Soldier S1:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S2:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S3:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S4:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S5:UNCONSCIOUS
Dragonborn Soldier S6:DEAD
Dragonborn Soldier S7:UNCONSCIOUS
Dragonborn Gladiator G1:UNCONSCIOUS
Dragonborn Mage M:DEAD
Acid Hound H1:DEAD
Acid Hound H2:DEAD
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]

None at the moment

[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives
Deliver Lerrick to Brother Buchta
Deliver a metalic orb to Brother Buchta currently held by Skalisss
Found a metalic orb given to Lerrick by an alpha wolf. She was told to give the orb to Nementah.
Found another metalic orb in the possession of a corpse. Halleck currently has that one.

Summary of Events
Prevented a flesh golem from killing the Weinfurter family. Body guard turned bad.
Dismantled the Crossed Sword and Skull Gang by killing Leader Hank the Tank
Prevented a possible encounter with a pack of wolves.
Killed a hill giant and his ogre henchmen
Kill a giant worg
Found portal and teleported.
Met resistance from followers of Bosch.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads