[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin moves past the cleric around the corner. We wish to keep the girl from harm, why should we bring her INTO this room? He asks in passing, looking towards the corridor.

[sblock=OOC]What is at this side of the room (the yellow square nearest me)?[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
We wish to keep the girl from harm, why should we bring her INTO this room? [sblock]

The cleric looks at the sorcerer. Forgive me. I must not have been clear under the presesnt circumstances. Brother Buchta is where I am taking you. He is making preparations now for the ritual to remove the mark. We need Lerrick and the ritual components that brother Navio gave you. He said he gave the components to a dragonborn in your party. Please hurry. We have little time. The foes you fight are servants of the dreaded dragon Bosch! He is usually not far behind.

It is easy to tell based on his facial expressions and body language that he speaks the truth.

OOC: Walking dad, please let me know what you have as Vimak's current HP. That will help me find out what I did wrong. Thanks.

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss sheaths his sword and grabs the unconscious Gladiator and drags him towards the Cleric.

"I agree we mussst make hassste to Brother Buchta, but we cannot leave this one behind. Not alive at leassst."

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss- Male Dragonborn Paladin (Natural Humanoid) 8 CharacterSheet
L4Wrequest_09.jpg

Initiative: +8 Senses: Normal P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 21
HP: 64+7 temp/74 SurgeValue: 19 Surges: 11/11
AC:26 Fort:21 Reflex:18 Will:21

Action Points: used Second Wind: not used Resist: none Speed:5 Conditions: none BasicAttack: - "Inescapable Longsword", +15 to Hit vs AC, 1d8+10 damage BasicRangedAttack: - Javelin, +11 to Hit vs AC, 1d6+5 damage, range 10/20

[SBLOCK=Powers]
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Righteous Smite USED
Divine Reverence USED
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
USED
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Paladin's Judgement
Sacred Circle
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
Martyr's Retribution
Wrath of the Gods USED [/SBLOCK]

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Skalisss_(jryoung)
[/SBLOCK]

FourMonos

First Post
"Do what you will, Skaliss. These are agents of a dark force." Quan says nonchelantly.

"I'm going to get Lerrick."

And Quan runs to the portal to retrieve the girl.

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: 51/59 HP and 3 THP. I include HP always in my quicksheet in the OOC sblock.

OOC: Thank you WD :)

As Quan returns with Lerrick from the portal, the cleric shouts Lerrick! Come...come quickly!

The cleric hobbles forward and gently grabs Lerrick by the arm. The girl doesn't resist. She seams to be in a daze. Suddenly Lerrick screams and places her hands on her forehead. It...it burns! (referring to the mark). Tears start to flow from her eyes as she is in obvious pain.

Come! Follow me! The cleric leads the party through a series of corridors to room. It is clear based on the amount of debris scattered over the floor that there was a battle here. Broken furniture and papers litter the floor. Acid eats away at a tapestry on the wall. Another wall contains the dark scorched mark of a fireball. Bodies of dragonborns and lay scattered across the floor.

In the center of the room is an alter with a a plump dwarf in bloodied robes busy making preparations for the ritual. As soon as the party enters he looks up. Ah yes...you're here. Come...come...I am ready. He motions for Nementah and Quan to bring the girl over to the alter. Lerrick then lays on the alter, still clutching her forehead. After receiving the ritual components from Skalisss he systematically removes them from the bag and places them on the alter. He then reaches for the last component when he grabs the metal orb.

Brother Buchta gasps loudly as he stares at the orb as if he he was stunned. After taking a deep breath he turns to Skalisss. WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS!

Before the paladin can reply the cleric states. No...tell me later after the ritual is complete. He then starts to begin the ritual. This will take some time. I can't be interrupted during the ritual. Please barricade the south entrance from which you came and then stand guard from the cave entrance as we have no door there. I will begin now. The cleric places his hand over Lerricks forehead and begins to chant. Light begins to emit from the ritual components. Soon the alter begins to glow...

OOC: Please position yourself anywhere in the room. I'll assume you have weapons draw and in guarded position. As soon as everyone has positioned themselves the encounter will continue. There are those who really don't want the ritual to take place as you will soon find out. :)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 7

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 3 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

OOC: Position is chosen. Vimak will stay in his Runestate as this is not another encounter.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 15 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 18 Will 20
Initiative: +5
Hit Points: 51 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 4
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 1/2, Stone’s Endurance, Walk it Off, [sFlames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement[/s]
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

WoD (Destruction)
W3 gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- adjacent allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (none)

[sblock=Dread Weapon]
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus, and the target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily ✦ Fear): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with this weapon. The target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

map
[/sblock][/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin moves over to the cave entrance and looks out...

OOC: dimsdale, do I see anything after moving out there?

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: First melee attack (Dragonflame Mantle), Attack vs AC hits by 6 or less (Sudden Scales)
Passive Perception 13, Passive Insight 19
AC 19, Fort 19, Reflex 14, Will 20
HP: 52/56, Bloodied 26, Surge Value 13, Surges 6/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Blazing Bolts, Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Sudden Scales, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Bracers of Defense, Brooch of Shielding, Lightning Breath, Slaad's Gambit, Staff of Storms, Variable Resistance

http://l4w.wikia.com/index.php?title=PC:Raijin_(johnmeier1)
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss stays near the ritual table, ready for anything, not really sure what will happen to Lerrick.

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss- Male Dragonborn Paladin (Natural Humanoid) 8 CharacterSheet
L4Wrequest_09.jpg

Initiative: +8 Senses: Normal P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 21
HP: 64+7 temp/74 SurgeValue: 19 Surges: 11/11
AC:26 Fort:21 Reflex:18 Will:21

Action Points: used Second Wind: not used Resist: none Speed:5 Conditions: none BasicAttack: - "Inescapable Longsword", +15 to Hit vs AC, 1d8+10 damage BasicRangedAttack: - Javelin, +11 to Hit vs AC, 1d6+5 damage, range 10/20

[SBLOCK=Powers]
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Righteous Smite USED
Divine Reverence USED
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
USED
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Paladin's Judgement
Sacred Circle
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
Martyr's Retribution
Wrath of the Gods USED [/SBLOCK]

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Skalisss_(jryoung)
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads