Adventurers League Adventures Now Available To All

More details: http://dndadventurersleague.org/changes-to-the-dd-adventurers-league/ Today, Wizards of the Coast announced some changes to the D&D Adventurers League program. You can read the entire announcement on the Wizards website. Here's a summary of the changes as well as some additional information about some of the repercussions. Starting with season 4 all D&D Adventurers League...

More details:

http://dndadventurersleague.org/changes-to-the-dd-adventurers-league/

Today, Wizards of the Coast announced some changes to the D&D Adventurers League program. You can read the entire announcement on the Wizards website.

Here's a summary of the changes as well as some additional information about some of the repercussions.

• Starting with season 4 all D&D Adventurers League adventures will be distributed for purchase through the DMs Guild website and will be available to everyone to play in the official D&D Adventurers League campaign.
  • The hosting of the D&D Adventurers League modules on this website will end with the end of the Rage of Demons campaign.
  • Not all content on the DMsGuild is D&D Adventurers League legal, legal content will have the D&D Adventurers League logo on it.
  • The admins are working on if and how player content would be D&D Adventurers League legal.
  • Conventions that are awarded Premier Adventures will be given complimentary copies of the adventure they're premiering as well as the usual convention support package.
  • The terms Expeditions and Encounter are being retired.
  • The Epics are still convention specials and will NOT be available on the DMsGuild.
  • Any organizer (including for stores and convention) can download a D&D Adventurers League Organizer kit, which will include character sheets, player's guides, as well as custom campaign information, for free.
  • We are working on having magic item certs still be limited to in-store and convention play. More on that, as it develops.
  • New D&D Adventurers League designers will likely be asked to design for the League based on adventure's they've posted to the DMsGuild.
  • All future D&D Adventurers League adventure designers will be paid exclusively through the sales of their adventures on the DMsGuild site with no cap for those payments.
  • Fai Chen's Fantastical Faire will still be offered to conventions and game-days that invite an admin or RC.

So does this mean I can stop wondering what season 4 is going to be about because the seasons are gone and we can just play what we want whenever and wherever we want and call it AL?

Wherever and whenever

So does this mean I can stop wondering what season 4 is going to be about because the seasons are gone and we can just play what we want whenever and wherever we want and call it AL?

Wherever and whenever as long as it is official Adventurer's League or another published WoTC 5th edition adventure.

Coredump

Explorer

The seasons are the same, you could always play any adventure from any season at any time. The only change is now you can play in private.

kalani

First Post
A season is just a group of related adventures around a single theme.

Season 1 - Cult of the dragon, Season 2 Cult of the Elemental Evil, Season 3 - Demons invading the Underdark.......

Each season tends to have unique rules and character creation options as well (your story origin). This won't change, although the exact specifics of what is offered for each season will vary.

trigician

First Post
Let's hope that WotC cares. Seems like a lot of the latest changing impacting AL have been as surprising to the admins as to the ordinary gamer
Except if he/she's an optimizer :p

I don't actually think it was a surprise to the Admins. In the fall, when I was still an RC, they were saying that a huge restructuring was in the works. They knew, they just weren't allowed to discuss it until Wizards made their announcements.

pedr

Explorer
Doesn't the new season start in March?
Yes, but as "D&D Encounters" and "D&D Expeditions" are no longer active names for events, any events in the system created with those names are/will be 'cancelled' (i.e. removed from the website/event reporter) and store organisers will be able to create the generic "D&D" event if they want to - and, once it's been announced/released, create the new launch weekend event.

Remove ads

Remove ads