Adventurer's Wanted!

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Ahh, so yer wizard's an illusionist, with no enchantment or necromancy...but I see that she winds up tossing blasts more often than not.

I would like to help. Illusionists can be great, but only if they have a chance to practice their art!

A sorceror with some artillery spells would help, I think. What are your feelings about Elemental Savant? I've got a hankering for a storm mage. Which might be kind of odd in a closed space like a sewer...but that's just grist for the RP mill. :)

I think I can deal with that. You'll just have to remind me that your fireballs are doing electricity damage instead (at least I assume that's what a storm mage would do?).

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Are you still looking, or full up?

Always looking. There's not really a deadline yet. I'll discuss submissions with those who are already playing, as I believe they should have a bit of input as well.

Leif said:
I'll have to insert place names from your world, of course, but my initial thoughts were these:

The world is technically Greyhawk, if that helps. Keep in mind that we won't be getting into setting-specific details; no iconic Greyhawk characters or any type of politics or the like--I use Greyhawk because that's the map that I had handy, and that's about it.

Leif

Adventurer
industrygothica said:
The world is technically Greyhawk, if that helps. Keep in mind that we won't be getting into setting-specific details; no iconic Greyhawk characters or any type of politics or the like--I use Greyhawk because that's the map that I had handy, and that's about it.
In that case how does this look (I presume that you have chosen certain deities, or at least a pantheon? if not, I can just make something up for that, too):

Uulark Simental volunteered for the Army of Greyhawk when he was just sixteen. Being the eldest son of a General and war hero carries with it expectations that are sometimes unreasonable, and quite unattainable. Uulark had the desire to be a great soldier and officer, but it was apparent to everyone that he did not have his father's gift for command, nor his ability to inspire the instant loyalty of his men. Dissatisfied with the prospect of being relegated to being just another faceless soldier (a grim fate for a commander's son), he sought solace in more spiritual pursuits. In the Church of Kord, Uulark found his true calling, and his power grew steadily. But the shame of his failure in the army continued to gnaw at Uulark, and eventually life at home became unbearable. That was when Uulark decided to leave the comforts of home and set out to find adventure in Irongate.

Please note that it is not my intention to infringe upon your current cleric's turf. Another source of some healing may allow him to choose some different spells, and two clerics in a party can make the role easier and more fun for both of them. :)

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Do you allow UA variant classes? Specifically I was thinking about trying out a Paladin of Freedom, either of Kord or Olidammara. A bit of a change from my standard LN-style religious types with big hammers :)

renau1g

First Post
Ok, I think I have an idea... let me know. I was thinking a dwarf fighter5/kensai1 swearing his oath of service to moradin and his church, named Golrin Stoneload. He was born in the citadel of Nerakern to a severe and rigid family. His father was a cleric to Moradin and drilled the tenets of his faith into Golrin, however Golrin never had that spark in him to draw forth the divine energy as his father had. He did, however, possess skill with the axe and so entered into the army. His leadership grew until he began to lead patrols through their area in the Headlands. Golrin still followed Moradin and always wore his name on his lips as he entered into battle. Eventually his father was made High Priest (and de facto ruler) and tasked his son with spreading the word of Moradin throughout the land. Golrin travelled far and wide attempting to bring the tenets of Moradin to all he met.

I figured he could be a tank-type, but also be fighting with a purpose. He'd be focused with the Dwarven War-Axe.

Let me know your thoughts.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Leif said:
Please note that it is not my intention to infringe upon your current cleric's turf. Another source of some healing may allow him to choose some different spells, and two clerics in a party can make the role easier and more fun for both of them. :)

And more targets, too!

Er, did I say that out loud? :\

As for deities, and anything else for that matter, just assume the default from the Player's Handbook unless stated otherwise.

Leif

Adventurer
Deity

industrygothica said:
And more targets, too!
Er, did I say that out loud? :\
As for deities, and anything else for that matter, just assume the default from the Player's Handbook unless stated otherwise.
Put me down as a cleric of Kord, then. See Post 13.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
renau1g said:
Ok, I think I have an idea... let me know. I was thinking a dwarf fighter5/kensai1 swearing his oath of service to moradin and his church, named Golrin Stoneload. He was born in the citadel of Nerakern to a severe and rigid family. His father was a cleric to Moradin and drilled the tenets of his faith into Golrin, however Golrin never had that spark in him to draw forth the divine energy as his father had. He did, however, possess skill with the axe and so entered into the army. His leadership grew until he began to lead patrols through their area in the Headlands. Golrin still followed Moradin and always wore his name on his lips as he entered into battle. Eventually his father was made High Priest (and de facto ruler) and tasked his son with spreading the word of Moradin throughout the land. Golrin travelled far and wide attempting to bring the tenets of Moradin to all he met.

I figured he could be a tank-type, but also be fighting with a purpose. He'd be focused with the Dwarven War-Axe.

Let me know your thoughts.

The concept seems solid enough, but I can't help but think that an axe-wielding dwarf hell-bent on spreading the word of Moradin may get a little tiresome. To be honest, to me at least, it seems a bit cliche. Could there another ideal he's dedicated his purpose to?

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Leif said:
Put me down as a cleric of Kord, then.

If industrygothica doesn't mind the variant Paladin I could see having some common history with your character, would you be interested?

I'm going to put a more complete post on his background and some mechanical ideas when I get home.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Are you still recruiting? If so, how about this:

Monk, supposedly traveling from city to city seeking enlightenment...Ulterior motive: seeking the otherworldly assasan that had murdered his master...a blood oath to the dying wishes of his beloved father figure/master.

He was an orphan who was taken in by the master and taught all that he could...the master might have refused to submitt to taking a protection commission from someone who didn't know what the answer of no ment and so conjured an outworld abissmal creature that was to kill the aged master.

you like, yes?

Last edited:

Remove ads