Adventurer's Wanted!

Leif

Adventurer
Nac Mac Feegle said:
If industrygothica doesn't mind the variant Paladin I could see having some common history with your character, would you be interested?

I'm going to put a more complete post on his background and some mechanical ideas when I get home.
Sure! Go for it! What history I have already is in post 13.

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Shayuri said:
Ahh, so yer wizard's an illusionist, with no enchantment or necromancy...but I see that she winds up tossing blasts more often than not.

I would like to help. Illusionists can be great, but only if they have a chance to practice their art!

A sorceror with some artillery spells would help, I think. What are your feelings about Elemental Savant? I've got a hankering for a storm mage. Which might be kind of odd in a closed space like a sewer...but that's just grist for the RP mill. :)

You got a problem with an illusionist who hardly casts illusion spells? :D She used to be a little more timid and not so aggressive. But things have changed.

Shayuri

First Post
I do not have a problem.

But, if you would care for some assistance, I could free you up of the need for blasting.

On the other hand, if you do not desire that aid, I can focus on other areas. :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
I do not have a problem.

But, if you would care for some assistance, I could free you up of the need for blasting.

On the other hand, if you do not desire that aid, I can focus on other areas. :)

Regardless of your character choice, I think it's fairly unanimous that you're in with whatever you choose. Get something together and meet as at the Inn. Tanith is the half-naked one drying by the fire. ;)

To everyone else: We'll be accepting one more character, preferably a strong healer of some sort. Seems to be a decent bit of interest in this, so we'll keep submissions open for about another 23 hours, and then choose from what's here.

Please use the creation guidelines on the first page of the OOC thread (link in my signature block).

renau1g

First Post
industrygothica said:
The concept seems solid enough, but I can't help but think that an axe-wielding dwarf hell-bent on spreading the word of Moradin may get a little tiresome. To be honest, to me at least, it seems a bit cliche. Could there another ideal he's dedicated his purpose to?

Not a problem. Maybe he can follow the ideal of temperence? Golrin was too cavalier & reckless while leading one group on patrol, which lead to their deaths and nearly his own. After such an irresponsible showing coupled with his fat too excessive "celebrating" (feasting/drinking) his father sent him away until he could learn to practice self-control and discipline. Initially bitter and angry at this rejection, Golrin travelled far from his homeland and only after much pain (and more than a few nights in jail) has he begun to follow this path. Golrin struggles with practicing moderation, but hopes to return home a better man.

Hope this is better. :cool:

Or to tone it down, if there's a goal/mission the group is on that Golrin could've been sent by Moradin (his clerics) to accompany the group.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
If you don't mind me being a half-healer here's my concept:

Caerwyn Thingol doesn't look like a paladin of Kord. Standing around 5'6" tall and without a spare pound on him, the only thing that fits his occupation is the giant claymore he carries on his back at all time. Caerwyn is a driven man, born into near-slavery as a peasant he came up out of serfhood with a fierce dislike of aristocracy and a proud self-reliance...and a sizeable bounty on his head for banditry and inciting revolution.

Now this itinerant warrior and healer travels the land doing what he can to help those in need, and most specifically those oppressed or enslaved. He rarely gets along with more traditional holy warriors, who take exception to his concepts of quick and dirty justice, but he's become a bit of a folk hero in several small villages. Quick to laugh and quicker to fight, Caerwyn is a close friend and a dangerous enemy.

Mechanical Snapshot: Paladin of Freedom (maybe with a level of Barbarian) with Charisma at 18 (with a magical item) for high lay on hands. At level 6 take the Sacred Healing Feat to be able to grant allies within 60' fast-healing 3 for 5 rounds. He's not as heal-y as a cleric, but he's a lot tougher and can add his own damage into the mix when need be. He can actually spread around a lot more non-combat healing than a cleric to ease up on spell requirements for the main healer because Sacred Healing can affect the whole party (and he can do it 7 times a day). In the long run I would move towards the Divine Crusader class after a few more levels.

Leif

Adventurer
Nac Mac Feegle said:
If you don't mind me being a half-healer here's my concept:

Caerwyn Thingol
I guess the idea about a history involving our two characters is right out, since only one of us will be playing. Woulda been great....

Leif

Adventurer
I'm going to do my level best to have my character posted by tonight. The problem that I have is that I can't find the chart for the point-buy anywhere on any srd that I can find. Right now that's all that's holding me up from making a character. Here, once again, is what I am able to do without being able to complete a good point-buy for abilities:

Uulark Simental volunteered for the Army of Greyhawk when he was just sixteen. Being the eldest son of a General and war hero carries with it expectations that are sometimes unreasonable, and quite unattainable. Uulark had the desire to be a great soldier and officer, but it was apparent to everyone that he did not have his father's gift for command, nor his ability to inspire the instant loyalty of his men. Dissatisfied with the prospect of being relegated to being just another faceless soldier (a grim fate for a commander's son), he sought solace in more spiritual pursuits. In the Church of Kord, Uulark found his true calling, and his power grew steadily. But the shame of his failure in the army continued to gnaw at Uulark, and eventually life at home became unbearable. That was when Uulark decided to leave the comforts of home and set out to find adventure in Irongate.

Uulark is Fighter 1/ Ceric (Kord) 5. hp=32. Alignment=Chaotic Good, just like daddy Kord. I want Uulark to be heavy on dex, have Weapon Finesse, and Weapon Focus - Rapier. He'll wear leather armor and carry a light wooden shield. The shield will not always be used, so it will be slung across his back when he's not using it. As for magic items, I definitely want the best magic leather armor available for less than 4,300 gp, assuming that there is one. I'd also like a wand of cure light wounds if I can afford that, too, and maybe a magic rapier.

28-pt-buy for stats: S 10, D 16, C 11, I 12, W 15, C 11, I think he gets a stat increase at either 5th or 6th, isn't that right? If so, it'll go on wis and make it 16.

Last edited:

Remove ads