Adventures from Tacnar (OOC)(FULL!)

bruin

First Post
Ok, I'm drawing on the description of the Laughing Knives organization in the Defenders of the Faith supplement for some of the backstory here, but only backstory, not special rules or anything. Anyone feel free to point out any problems. Also, his domains aren't necessarily going to be all that useful; if you want me to change him to a cleric of Pelor or something, I can just change the backstory.

Galen Crosswise, Male Halfling, Cleric 1
Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Olidammara
Domains: Trickery, Luck
Height: 3'2
Weight: 36

HP 9
Str 10 +0 (4 pts=12 -2 Halfling)
Dex 14 +2 (4 pts=12 +2 Halfling)
Con 12 +1 (4 pts)
Int 12 +1 (4 pts)
Wis 16 +3 (10 pts)
Cha 14 +2 (6 pts)

BAB +0; +1 size;
Melee +1 1d6 (x2) Light Mace;
Ranged +4 1d8 (19-20/x2) Masterwork Crossbow

AC 18 (+4 Chain Shirt +1 Buckler +2 Dexterity +1 Size); 16 Flatfooted; 13 Touch
Carrying Capacity: 24.75(Light) 49.5(Medium) 75(Heavy)
Check Penalty -3 (medium encumbrance)
Max Dexterity +3 (medium encumbrance)
Normal Speed 15 ft.(medium)
Riding Speed 30 ft.(heavy)

Fort +4 = 2 +1 Con +1 Racial
Ref +3 = 0 +2 Dex +1 Racial
Will +6 = 2 +3 Wis +1 Racial

Feat: Skill Focus (Concentration)

Special Qualities--
Halfling: +2 morale vs. fear, +1 racial bonus with thrown weapons; racial bonuses to some skills (see below);

Cleric: Turn Undead 5 times/day;

Domain: Trickery-Bluff, Disguise, Hide treated as class skills; Luck-Good Fortune:reroll any roll once per day (this could be tricky to handle in Pbp, but it doesn't really matter much to me as it's there more for roleplaying anyway)

Skill Ranks (2+1)x4=12

Class:
Concentration +6 = 3 +1 Con +2 Feat
Spellcraft +3 = 2 +1 Int
Heal +3 = 0 +3 Wis
Knowledge(Religion) +3 = 2 +1 Int
Disguise +3 = 1 +2 Cha
Bluff +3 = 1 +2 Cha
Hide +3 = 0 +2 Dex +4 Racial -3 Check Penalty
Diplomacy +3 = 1 +2 Cha

CC:
Handle Animal 3 = 1 +2 Cha
Climb -1 = 0 +0 Str +2 racial -3 Check Penalty
Jump -1 = 0 +0 Str +2 racial -3 Check Penalty
Move Silent +1 = 0 +2 Dex +2 racial -3 Check Penalty
Listen +5 = 0 +3 Wis +2 racial

Spell Save DC= 13 + spell level
Spells per day: 0--3, 1--2+1
Default Spells Prepared: 1--Change Self(Trickery Domain), Protection From Evil, Bless; 0--Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance
Positive Energy Option: Convert prepared non-domain spells to healing spells

Equipment (on Self: 30.5 lb total)
Cleric's Vestments (free) (weightless)
Chain Shirt (100 GP) (12.5 lb)
Buckler (15 GP) (2.5 lb)
Light Mace (5 GP)(6 lb)
Masterwork Light Crossbow (free)(6 lb)
20 Bolts (2 GP)(2 lb)
Holy Wooden Symbol (1 GP)(Weightless)
Backpack (2 GP)(.5 lb)
Sunrod (2 GP)(1 lb)
Flint/steel(1 GP)(Weightless)
10 GP, 5 sp, 5 cp

Mount: Pony (30 GP)
Equipment (on Mount: 122.5 lb total)
Riding Saddle (10 GP)(25 lb)
Saddlebags (4 GP)(8 lb)
7 days Feed (.35 GP)(70 lb)
Waterskin (1 GP)(1 lb)
7 Travel Rations (3.5 GP)(1.75 lb)
Bedroll (1 sp) (1.25 lb)
30 Bolts (3 GP)(3 lb)
Winter Blanket(.5 GP)(.75 lb)
Cold weather Outfit(8 GP)(1.75 lb)
Hemp Rope(1 GP)(10 lb)

Mount Carrying capacity: 75 Light, 150 Medium, 225 Heavy
Speed: 40x4/30x4/30x3
Total Load When Riding: 189 (Heavy)
Normal Speed when riding: 30x3
(Let me know if I need to add the full mount stats; I'm not planning on taking the pony into combat or anything, just normal unskilled riding)

Backstory:
Galen was only a teenager when his parents were executed by the minions of the corrupt cabal of noblemen who lorded over a small network of villages in the regions to the east. His mother was a cleric and head of a cell of mischief makers known as the Laughing Knives, who tried to spread discontent and undermine the despotic ways of those rulers, while his father ran the tavern that served as the group's front. Galen himself narrowly avoided capture, hiding while his mother and father, as well as other members of the group, were dragged outside the tavern one night and slaughtered by the noblemen's mercenary force. Galen fled the area for his life, making due with small time scams of gullible travelers and townspeople to keep himself fed while he grew to age. His mother had taught him much of the worship of Olidammara as a youngster, and he continued his study in a remote temple he discovered on his way westward, which he was introduced into after unsuccessfully attempting to scam one of the clerics into buying some fake holy water. Now come of age, he seeks to gain experience and skill as an adventurer, and hopes one day to return east to exact his revenge against those responsible for his parent's demise. He intends to use more violent means than his mother's group did, though.

shaff

First Post
waitin on rangerjohn, I dont have a Monster Manual or DMG yet, but im either gettin it 2night or saturday. We will proly start on wednesday night or thursday.

shaff

First Post
k, i got the DMG, and monster manual I and II. So we could start ASAP. just need Rangerjohn's character... Has anyone seen him recently??

shaff

First Post
ok good, ill get the IC thread going right now! BTW, the town u will be starting in is Tacnar. The IC thread will be called Adventures from Tacnar.

shaff

First Post
ok ok, NOW im goinmg to make the IC thread. Also, im making a Rogues Gallery thread, so everyone please post your characters in there as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads