• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Advice for way of the wicked?

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Wow....the writer responded. I feel slightly epic..and also happt I bought the product :).Ok. I figured the first act wasnt in need of much. They actually already had trouble with the dogs and their wonderful tripping. The dogs got 3 players on the ground and kept them there. Was quite funny really.Haha. So could you tell me if the legendary places are meant to be done much later as part of the campaign? Or are they side quest types?

gdmcbride

First Post
So could you tell me if the legendary places are meant to be done much later as part of the campaign? Or are they side quest types?

To quote myself from page 82 of WotW1:
"These nine locations will not be featured in the Way of the Wicked adventure path and represent potential locales where a Game Master could develop their own side quests."

They are there to flesh out Talingarde and for those who feel the campaign is a little too narratively focused on the main plot, they give you a little room to go your own way.

Hope that helps,
Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Oops. Cant believe I missed that. Alright. So that really helps :). Thanks. So free for all huh? well that works. Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know how it goes when we finish :)

ahayford

First Post
I think these books were very well done. So much so I purchased hard copies from Drive Thru RPG. The print on demand service is pretty nice. The books I got were exactly what I'd expect from a 1st part publisher in terms of quality. One thing I'd mention though....I might increase the contrast on the border work that is on each page. In print, you loose a lot of the detail because its so dark.

gdmcbride

First Post
ahayford,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the book. Yes, I agree that the contrast of the edges could use a little adjustment.

Regardless, I really appreciate you buying our book. It's what allows us to keep on keeping on.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

[MENTION=49338]gdmcbride[/MENTION] The RPGNow checkout page for Book 2 says:
"Way of the Wicked Book Two: Call Forth Darkness
- Download Format: Watermarked PDF
- Print Format: Softcover Color
(This is a scanned image print title)"
Now I am sure the bit in red is not right, so you might want to see if they can fix that
:)

gdmcbride

First Post
@gdmcbride The RPGNow checkout page for Book 2 says:
"Way of the Wicked Book Two: Call Forth Darkness
- Download Format: Watermarked PDF
- Print Format: Softcover Color
(This is a scanned image print title)"
Now I am sure the bit in red is not right, so you might want to see if they can fix that
:)

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Yes, it is incorrect and yes, it has been fixed.

How it got that way in the first place is a bit of a mystery, but regardless, the entry is now corrected.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
So just a small update. My players finalyl got out of the dungeon last night. They kind of of fore went the planning and stff. Just got out of there cuffs picked the door let out grumble jack and plowed through the dungeon. It worked....but uh...i think people got to 0 or lower HP about 7 times. hah. lUckily the necromancer can be healed by negative energy so he was really happy with the cleric. All in all it was good though. The warden was their toughest fight.By the time it was over he only had lvl 0 spells left.They seem to e enjoying it and they cant wait for some pay back against talingarde now :)

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Well I think I will come back after each session. Or if you have some where you want me to send them for testing reference or anything just let me know. Our next session is monday and they will fianlly be meeting the mysterious benefactor ;)

Remove ads