• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advice on finding a game

d'Anconia

Explorer
Hey guys, I've already posted on the Gamers Seeking Gamers boards here and on Paizo, but I was wondering what other tips you would have for finding a game to play in? I been out of the gaming habit for a few years now, but have been thinking about getting back into a regular game. I'm just looking for any other advice you might have.

And if you happen to be located around Atlanta, and need a player, I'd love to get a shot :)!

Thanks,
d'Anconia

amysrevenge

First Post
Try checking out gaming stores in the area. In particular, think about trying out a RPGA gameday, if you can find one local to you (should be plenty of them, I'd think). The style of game sure isn't for everyone, but you won't know until you try.

malraux

First Post
Hey guys, I've already posted on the Gamers Seeking Gamers boards here and on Paizo, but I was wondering what other tips you would have for finding a game to play in?

Assuming you are playing a version of DnD, don't forget to post on wizard's seeking players too. Asking your friends and associates also isn't a bad idea, as some of them might play as well.

But really the best places to look are online and in gaming stores. Also, Store & Event Locator - Wizards of the Coast

Oryan77

Adventurer
I'd also put a link in your sig on all of the forums you post on. So when people read your posts, maybe someone from your area will notice your sig and check out your link to one of your group search messages.

weem

First Post
Oryan77said...
I'd also put a link in your sig on all of the forums you post on. So when people read your posts, maybe someone from your area will notice your sig and check out your link to one of your group search messages.

This, especially being so close to Atlanta (or any big city for that matter).

kitsune9

Adventurer
Hey guys, I've already posted on the Gamers Seeking Gamers boards here and on Paizo, but I was wondering what other tips you would have for finding a game to play in? I been out of the gaming habit for a few years now, but have been thinking about getting back into a regular game. I'm just looking for any other advice you might have.

And if you happen to be located around Atlanta, and need a player, I'd love to get a shot :)!

Thanks,
d'Anconia

How about Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com There are two groups that both have over 100 members. You can join for free, post a request to find a group or start a group and hopefully you're up and running in no time!

Another thing is your stores that do host RPGA days. Those are a great way to find new players.

Happy Gaming!

darjr

I crit!
http://www.nearbygamers.com is another one to try.

World Wide D&D Game day is Sept 19th.

I like the RPGA, around here most of the RPGA folks I've met have games outside of the RPGA.

Check with store's forums and post there.

Offer to meet people someplace neutral. You could offer to take a local tour of your FLGS's or gaming locales.

Go to local cons, find the RPG and/or RPGA folks and see if you can pitch in and help. It is a wonderful way to meet other RPGamers and let them know about you.

Offer to run games at your FLGS. Offer to run RPGA games, that way you can keep your prep and commitment at a minimum if you like.

Note that there are other living campaigns that have groups around playing. Pathfinder, Blackmoor, Shadowrun, Rokugon (big around here), and Witchhunter, probably others. Check their web sites for local groups. Or offer to run a few with an existing group or on your own.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads