Against the Crimson Tide IC

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Jesper has heard many tales about Anya, but most of them are contradictory and sufficiently fanciful that they might not be entirely true. Domina's exploits, however, are mostly matters of record, and easily verifiable. Both are widely held to wield fantastic power, Anya as a cleric (though occasionally called a witch or sorceress) and Domina as the most feared blade in the known world. Unfortunately, peasant rumours seldom convey useful details, so he doesn't know much more that would be helpful, save their religious devotions.

Ghostknight

First Post
Addendum to last post....

Looking at Anya, Jesper gives one of his charming smiles.

"After hearing your names, I really must ask, are you two the Anya and Domina that one hears stories about?"

ooc: Really Isida- I know my son likes Dory, but you?

silentspace

First Post
"Oh, I don't know," Anya replies easily. "That might depend on what you've heard about us." She smiles at Jesper and reaches for the ale.

"Sure, let's try some of that ale." She savors the ale for a moment. "Quite good, this. Domina and I were planning on going out to sea, to investigate the cause behind the strange occurances. But perhaps... no... again, I hope I'm not prying, but are you the cause of all this?" Anya peers at him intently, her face just a little unnerving in its serenity.

[Perhaps Jesper would get the feeling it would be difficult to lie to or conceal things from Anya, even without using her god's magic. Or perhaps not...]

silentspace

First Post
OOC: I was assuming that there is nothing else unusual in this room? Anya will have scanned it with detect thoughts and with arcane sight. She is quite intrigued by Jesper, who has no thoughts and radiates no auras of any kind. In fact, if it weren't for her physical senses, she wouldn't be able to know of his existence at all. She figures he's probably a powerful wizard of some sort, or possibly something else... the possibilities are limitless. Anya doesn't think of herself as bold. Rather, she enjoys taking chances, relying on her goddess' luck (in the form of luck domain and moment of prescience), to guide her.

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc: Try forcing anything through a mindblank.... :)

Jesper, smiles again.

"Well, you know how stories spring up, one never knows what to believe! But in terms of the sea, I have no knowledge of that. Why would I, I am just a simple traveller here on business. I don't meddle with those kind of forces!"

Domina follows her companion to the table, having given Anya a slight nod when she sent the mental message.

Interesting... he's a spellcaster, most like, although perhaps just possessing an item of power. Either way, someone to watch, doubtless.

She sits, armor clanking slightly as she settles into the chair, letting Anya speak.

Jesper said:
"After hearing your names, I really must ask, are you two the Anya and Domina that one hears stories about?"

Domina snorts. "Depends on the stories, as Anya said." She smiles slightly. "I've heard some pretty wild ones about myself." She takes a drink of her mug (which she had carried with her) and waves the subject away.
"What kind of business are you in?" She asks casually, but watches the man subtly for any signs he might be fudging the truth.

[OOC: Sense Motive +23 - she thinks he is most likely a spellcaster because of Anya's warning, and is wondering if he is behind some of the events around town.]

Ghostknight

First Post
"Me, just a business man. I do a bit of trading, bit of transportation of goods and a bit of information brokering. Nothing exceptional but it does mean I sometimes end up in towns like this, drinking in bars like this when there is nothing else happening. When two people walk in, announce themselves as legendary people, well, that generally peaks my interest!

So what brings you two here? Surely a little city like this is diffeent from the usual haunts one would expect yo find people of your repuation?"

ooc:Bluff +32 (using skill mastery gives a total 0f +42 to be ebaten. Inhis experience this is pretty much unbeatable so he sees ne need to stress over it!

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Anya's Sense Motive is +35. Let me know what she senses. Regardless of what she senses though, she is quickly tiring of this evasive man and his conversation. If he were a little friendlier, or more forthcoming, she would remain, but she's quickly realizing speaking with this man, who shows no interest in the strange events, is a waste of her time. Even if he is the cause of the strange events, he is not saying. And she feels someone powerful enough to cause these events wouldn't be so coy about it.

"I'm just a person, whether you think I'm 'legendary' or not concerns me little. As to what I'm doing, I've already told you that. It was a pleasure meeting you, stranger. Fare thee well."

Anya leaves the taverns and surveys the docks. [Does she see an ocean strider in the distance?] She asks Kira, her familiar, if she's had any success securing a ship from Kessen as she walks around, surveying the ships and activity on the docks.

Domina watches Anya leave the building and shakes her head. "Impulsive," she says to the man. She takes a drink of her ale and studies him. "What kind of 'usual haunts' would one expect to find people like us in, then? There are unusual events happening here, seems right up the alley of 'people of our reputation." She grins self-mockingly.

Remove ads