Airwalkrr's Maure Castle 3.5 OOC

Rhun

First Post
Ok.. on that note... Rhun perhaps Varn has returned a relic of Heironeous from his latest delve into a dungeon and you in turn you've offered him a place in your little trope. As of late your resident rogue met an.... untimely end....and well Varn was the most well known and famous name backed by skill to take his place going into such a risky and dangerous venture as Maure Castle?

EDIT2: I also like the idea of your PC being Varn's voice of reason... heh

I like the idea of Bisarion being sent after Varn to retrieve a stolen relic. However, I think this would fit best if it happened several/many years back in their history. Then, our PCs could have become friends and companions during the ensuing time frame, with my PC still trying to act as Varn's conscience and steer him down the path to honor.

Rhun

First Post
With that in mind, whenever a character dies, you should be able to escape the dungeon and bring that character back to your home base (which is likely the city of Greyhawk) to be raised or resurrected as needed.

Thanks, airwalkrr. I decided to go the safe/easy route and simply buy a Scroll of Raise Dead. If my PC should get slaughtered, at least Varn will have a chance to bring him back. Unless Varn gets slaughtered too. :D

s@squ@tch

First Post
[MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION] - what is your rule on acquiring spells -- 2 free per level gain, with 4 known at 1st? or purchase all?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=42885]s@squ@tch[/MENTION], for this game I'll run it RAW. You get all 0-level spells at 1st-level plus 3 + Intelligence modifier 1st-level spells. Each level thereafter you add 2 spells to your spellbook at no cost, which can be of any level that you can cast. Feel free to draw your spells from either the Player's Handbook or Player's Handbook 2. No other sources are allowed for spells.

If you want to add additional spells to your spellbook beyond those granted at each level, you may do so by paying the cost to scribe the spell into your spellbook (100 gp x spell level) plus the cost of a scroll of that spell (25 gp x spell level x minimum caster level). So for example, adding knock to your spellbook would cost 200 gp (to scribe into your spellbook) plus 150 gp (the cost of a scroll of knock) for a total of 350 gp.

Rathan

First Post
Rhun said:
I like the idea of Bisarion being sent after Varn to retrieve a stolen relic. However, I think this would fit best if it happened several/many years back in their history. Then, our PCs could have become friends and companions during the ensuing time frame, with my PC still trying to act as Varn's conscience and steer him down the path to honor.

I like it.. I'll write something up in my history within the next couple of days solidifying the details of what the relic was and whatsuch and then you can play off that to add something to your history with your own twists making it more your side of the story and I'll have mine.. :)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Feel free to make it one of the relics from Complete Divine or Magic Item Compendium that is tied to Heironeous. After all it's not technically in play.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
So I see I'm late to the party, but I'd be keen to play if there were still space -- the thread title says still recruiting!

At level 12, I'd like to propose a human or half-elf Horizon walker (archer probably); I can provide a background summary if desired, or (if it would fit better) a pitch for a cleric or rogue.

Is there still space? : D

EDIT: I'd really like to play!

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], I am still technically recruiting. Here is the party so far:
Skill Expert: Rathan, N human rogue 12 (approved)
Warrior: Zerith, LN human knight 12 (pending approval)
Arcane: s@squ@tch, NG wizard 12 (pending approval*)
Divine: Rhun, cleric 12 (pending approval*)
*These two will most likely be approved. I need to examine the character sheets a little more closely to ensure the details are hammered out.

Zerith has posted the workings of a knight, but hasn't really contributed to the conversation much for a couple weeks. So if you want to build a fighting type character, that would be welcome. Archer type wouldn't be bad, but a melee type would be better.

Remove ads