Aliens vs Predator: The Survey

Aliens vs Predator: Which is your favorite franchise?

MGibster

Legend
Alien. It's not particularly close, either.
Without thinking I thought that was the obvious choice. But then I took the time to think about it, and Alien was still the obvious choice.

Alien is a fantastic movie. They had an excellent cast, the dialogue was good, and the director respected the audience by not spoon feeding us unnecessary information (that comes later with Prometheus). Even after all these years, I can still sit down with someone and have a conversation about Alien. Why did the Company send a bunch of unqualified space truckers to LV-426? What did the Company know about LV-426? Why did Ash try to murder Ripley with a magazine? True, most of these conversations end with, "Sir, this is a Wendy's, and if you don't order I'm going to have to ask you to leave," but I still have fun with them.

Aliens is also a fantastic movie, not as good as Alien, but I'll never argue with someone who prefers the latter to the former. It's a great science fiction action movie, the visuals are fantastic, and the actors are great with memorable performances and one liners. They only come out at night. Mostly. I don't think it's as smart as the first movie, but it's so fun that I don't really care.

I like Predator and I even enjoyed Predator 2: The Quickening (I think that's what it was called). The first movie was a great 80s action movie, but it didn't have much depth, the acting was what you'd expect from an 80s action movie, but it did have some good one liners. To this day I chew tobacco because it made me a sexual Tyrannusaurus. (I do not chew tobacco.) The creature effects were awesome, the creature itself was menacing, and it's just a fun time in the jungle for everyone.

But I hardly ever talk about Predator. What's to talk about?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
But I hardly ever talk about Predator. What's to talk about?

Well, it mainly comes up in "Apex Arnold" conversations.

Top 10 Arnold Movies of All Time, Ranked:

1. Pumping Iron
2. Commando
3. Terminator
4. Predator
5. Conan (the good one)
6. T2
7. Total Recall
8. Hercules in New York
9. True Lies
10. (TIE) Last Action Hero / The Running Man

People are welcome to disagree with this list, to the extent that they wish to be wrong.

MGibster

Legend
People are welcome to disagree with this list, to the extent that they wish to be wrong.
What kind of a nerd puts a documentary on their #1 list of Arnold movies? And Hercules Goes Bananas above True Lies? Are you bananas? I do know which Conan is the good one....

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Well, it mainly comes up in "Apex Arnold" conversations.

Top 10 Arnold Movies of All Time, Ranked:

1. Pumping Iron
2. Commando
3. Terminator
4. Predator
5. Conan (the good one)
6. T2
7. Total Recall
8. Hercules in New York
9. True Lies
10. (TIE) Last Action Hero / The Running Man

Richard Dawson Yes GIF

MGibster

Legend
Getting back to the subject at had, the truth is that I don't really think of the Alien franchise outside of the first two movies and I haven't see Predator: Prey yet. While I haven't seem Prometheus, Covenant wasn't great nor were the 3rd or 4th movies.

Zardnaar

Legend
I refuse to believe that any of the eight people can actually count that high.

"Best hick accent"

"I used ma toes on mah left feet".

The bad Predator films are more low side of average than out right bad. Haven't seen the one with super predators though.

Last good Alien film was the 1980s.

Remove ads