• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

all time Favorite module cover.

Psion

Adventurer
Black Sails Over Freeport:
grr1024_450.jpg

Though the D1-2 cover above is boss, too.

RPG_Tweaker

Explorer
Tough one... there's so many...

[EDIT] I almost forgot Caliban for Arduin. Great cover, crappy module.[/EDIT]

463px-Cbre.jpg

Caverns of Thracia (`79): My all time favorite module with a great P. Jaquays cover.

Dark Tower: An uber-deadly module with more powerful artwork from P. Jaquays.

Village of Hommlet: D.A.Trampier's art is truely inspirational; I will always lament that he left the biz. The module itself was a bit... underwhelming.

T1ModuleCover.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Howdy

Explorer
TarionzCousin said:
P.S. If anyone can name all the monster types at the table, I'll be impressed. (No, I can't.)

The only one I can pick out is Grazzt. I think that's him, at least. I've never heard of that module, but the guy standing up with the goblet looks like him, and I counted the fingers!

sckeener

First Post
My favorite is the Temple of Elemental Evil cover. To me it was a sign post to all paladins to come and die.

I liked this cover before it graced a module.
TSR9179_500.jpeg

Drow giving it to the man
TSR9021_500.jpeg

I always wondered as a teen what was going to happen to the girl ;)
TSR9058_500.jpeg

and I've always liked this one...
TSR9044_360.jpeg

and this one
TSR9051_500.jpeg

WayneLigon

Adventurer
The original Ravenloft cover, or Rahasia, are very good.
Swords of Deceipt is a very sweet cover.
Dragons of Desolation, with the giant flying fortress.
Cities of Mystery is a fine cover, with the huge gnoll. That's probably my favorite of the module covers.

My favorite D&D artwork is the one with the female vampire who has just killed two guys at the bar and is leaving undisturbed, but I think that was a boxed set pic.

Remove ads