• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

all time Favorite module cover.

Delta

First Post
DwarvenDog said:
Twilight Calling is a weird little gem of the "M" series of basic adventures. It's the assumed final step before the PC's become immortals themselves, as they are tasked with defeating (in various ways) the immortal rulers of seven demiplanes.

You know, I agree... there was some wierd brilliance in the "M" series. I also had module M5, Talons of Night (but never ran it). If I recall, it had a whole ancient Egyptian-like civilization, time travel, an evil demigod pharoah, dimensional travel, an opportunity to fix the initial glitch that put the empires Thyatis and Alphatia at war for all time, and a unique mini-game on how to run a diplomatic effort between the empires. Really stuffed with content and ideas, even if execution was sometimes slapdash.

And of course the cover had like, an atomic-powered Cthulhu monster or something.

I always was hoping that TSR would republish the X, C, M series in a softbound collection (like they did with B1-9).

Attachments

• dd-m5.jpg
    dd-m5.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Sejs

First Post
Another vote for Temple of Elemental Evil.

Spooky. Enticing and threatening at the same time. Oozes adventure.

Kafkonia

First Post
DwarvenDog, Delta:

Thanks for the info. I have to say I love the covers for both modules posted (especially M5!), although the idea of running them as described boggles my mind a touch. If I can find them on the cheap I may pick them up to mine, or at least to keep the covers around for inspiration.

Zander

Explorer
I vote for G 1-2-3 with Ravenloft a close second.

Ravenloft module factoid: There's nowhere in the module, i.e. in Castle Ravenloft, that corresponds to the depiction in the cover art. :heh:

Olgar Shiverstone said:
Ravenloft

ravenloftmodulei6.jpg

Remove ads