Amazon WotC September 2007: Exemplars of Evil, Tiles 5, Fortress of the Yuan-ti

Meloncov said:
I wonder what the Villian's Handbook will be. Hopefully not just a BoVD rehash.
Probably the same thing the 2e Villian's Handbook was. A DM book, with things on villian motivations (it covered villians of all 9 alignments), methods of operation and more.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Kobold Avenger said:
Probably the same thing the 2e Villian's Handbook was. A DM book, with things on villian motivations (it covered villians of all 9 alignments), methods of operation and more.
As this was one of the best 2E supplements, I certainly hope it's true. Toss in a little crunch (some new spells/invocations/psionics, some new poisons, some new diseases) and I'd be good to go.

dargoth3

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
As this was one of the best 2E supplements, I certainly hope it's true. Toss in a little crunch (some new spells/invocations/psionics, some new poisons, some new diseases) and I'd be good to go.

Wasnt the 2ed Villians guide an FR source book that contained stats and expanded background on bad guys from the novels?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
dargoth3 said:
Wasnt the 2ed Villians guide an FR source book that contained stats and expanded background on bad guys from the novels?
I think you (and others) might be confusing two different products.

The Complete Book of Villains (1994) was a generic blue-cover 2nd Edition source book aimed at DMs, which provided advice on developing memorable bad guys.

The Villains' Lorebook (1998) was a Forgotten Realms product with stats and expanded background on the bad guys (and organisations) from the Realms.

Remove ads