An E6 oriental/western game (replacement needed) - last call for bento

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I don't know, the reason I like E6 is because it lets the PCs be legendary in the scope of the game-world while still keeping the standard traditional threats (say, a wraith) as extremely deadly. I figured this was an excellent campaign for that kind of feel. Obviously some special epic feats for Bo9S classes would be needed, but we could work those up quickly, since there's a pretty easy template (get a class ability of up to 8th level). Probably one general feat to grant a 4th level maneuver and a few class-specific ones.

bento

Explorer
Been looking for a PbP and OA is up my alley!

Interested in playing a Spirit Folk (River) Shugenja (Water).

[sblock]He fled his homeland after it was devestated first by raiders then by wildfires. He's a country-pumpkin and despite his setbacks, an optimist. He keeps in his heart the hope that he can somehow restore his village and bring his people back together. [/sblock]

I read through the prior posts, but didn't see what level we start at. E6 sounds great.

Last edited:

Autumn

First Post
Bleh. Lol. I just wrote a big long post about why I dislike E6, and then realised that that's not what this thread is about, and in fact it would just be off-topic spam. :eek:

So, no matter. It's clear that the consensus is for E6, so unless mfrench has changed his mind and actively doesn't want to run it like that any more, I'll back away now and leave you guys to have fun. :)

Amazing Triangle

First Post
I am thinking of going with a Rogue - A common trickster on the run from the law. Generally tries to help folks but is a bit untrustworthy around their money.

I am thinking he is is going to be Chaotic Neutral (Honor 5) with no taint. Just doesn't do evil things really just does what he wants and what is best for him.

[sblock=skeleton]STR 14, DEX 14, CON 14, INT 14, WIS 10, CHA 14; HP 8; Rogue 1;
Name: Kenji Sato aka Phantom Walker
Race: Human; Gender: M; Height: 5'7"; Age: 19
Class:Rogue ; Level:1 ; Weight: 141
XP: ; Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Social Class: Thief
Home Town: Oriental Lands[/sblock]

mfrench

First Post
Autumn said:
Bleh. Lol. I just wrote a big long post about why I dislike E6, and then realised that that's not what this thread is about, and in fact it would just be off-topic spam. :eek:

Thank you for being so reasonable about it! I'm glad there are no hard feelings.

I'll change the other posts to reflect official E6 status.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Lately I've been tossing around a ninja idea. I have one in another game, but I would like to play one in this setting. I'm thinking of a typical ninja, which serves a house.

mfrench

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
I am thinking of going with a Rogue - A common trickster on the run from the law. Generally tries to help folks but is a bit untrustworthy around their money.
Great. Feel free to be a rogue, but I just read up on Beguilers today, and that would fit as well, if you're still interested. I think that it would bring the element of Mysticism to the character. How does he view his magic abilities? How do others?

I'm going to try to post more about the local starting area according to the backgrounds already presented so that you guys can flesh out your characters a little bit more.

So once again, the cast as it's currently penciled in:
Nac Mac Feegle: a Diamond Mind swordsage wandering demon-hunter
Lorthanoth: a Shaman
Amazing Triangle: A common trickster on the run from the law (rogue, maybe beguiler)
Bento: spirit folk Shugenja
DrZombie: a shifter monk

Room for at least one more!

Since this is E6, I'm going to suggest we start at second level, to give you guys some room to make a name for yourselves.

One other caveat for potential players: I'm not going to be in any position to change to 4E anytime soon (i.e., in 2008), plus the specialized nature of the campaign makes it unrealistic to convert quickly. So if you are joining, please be prepared to join for an extended period of sticking to 3.5 (for this game at least). Any vast rules improvements that 4E brings could always be presented and houseruled by consensus.

Last edited:

mfrench

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
Lately I've been tossing around a ninja idea. I have one in another game, but I would like to play one in this setting. I'm thinking of a typical ninja, which serves a house.
Ha! I've actully seen your posts in other recruiting threads, with DMs frowning at your ninja idea. It finally looks like you've found him a good home!

I'm certainly interested in a having a ninja. I think that we'd need to figure out exactly what kind of House involvement he has though. A few options:

A) A member of a House that has been mostly wiped out, trying to get revenge.
B) A low-ranking member of an active House, trying to make a name for himself.
C) A House member without blood ties, so his House connection isn't obvious at all.
D) An advocate who has been expelled from a far-off House, and is on the run (and in fear of being hunted)

These are just off the top of my head. Feel free to add or twist one of these, or come up with your own. If you get an idea, please 'sblock' it to hide it from the other players.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Dang all those are good. A ninja being on the run from his house would probably only be because he either messed up badly or double crossed them, which probably ends in a quick death from a master ninja. How about this idea:

[sblock=mfrench]
There is a legend of a ninja who tried to assassinate a warlord, but was caught because he was double crossed. The ninja was ordered to be boiled in oil, along with his newborn son. The man held his son over his head until more members of his group found him. He was dead, but still had his son held over his head, so they managed to rescue his son. I was thinking of playing that man's son. He would be a low ranking member, but would have an issue with the warlord and want revenge. He's not a true rogue ninja, but he would be trying to injure the warlord's group in any way possible, killing recruits, spies, sentries, whatever he can do without getting caught. Anyway, it's just an idea. Lemme know what you think. [/sblock]

Remove ads