Anarenn: Rise of the ancient blood [OOC]

Ambrus

Explorer
Nightbreeze said:
The most important thing that you discovered is that it seems that once there was a bigger tunnel from the first room to the surface, however it went down and the smallest tunnels were formed.
By that, you mean the original tunnel collapsed and these tiny twisty corridors are all that's left? But the cleft in the rock through which I enter was part of the original entryway? Thirty-some feet above the forest floor? How big is the entryway? I'm thinking that trying to cover it up or camouflage it might be a good idea if it's not too big.

It'd be nice to have an alternate exit eventually. How hard would it be to dig out one of the other small tunnels to the outside?
Nightbreeze said:
You can divide those 5400 gp between the lab and the gems. 400 is just the maximum amount of gold that you can give to the lab.
Given the choice, I'll max out the value of the lab; less stuff to replace.
Nightbreeze said:
If you want, you can also assign some of those coins to rare herbs that you found somewhere in the forest, or anything else like that.
Rare herbs... You mean as generic alchemical supplies with which to make stuff? That might be a good idea. It seems I already have some supplies in the form of scales, talons and stuff. How much might that stuff be worth?

So, now that I have some funds available, care to enlighten me as to how hard it might be to purchase magic items in Anarenn?

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
By that, you mean the original tunnel collapsed and these tiny twisty corridors are all that's left? But the cleft in the rock through which I enter was part of the original entryway? Thirty-some feet above the forest floor? How big is the entryway? I'm thinking that trying to cover it up or camouflage it might be a good idea if it's not too big

You think that originally there was a natural cave from the first room to the opening near the top of the outcrop of rock...then it collapsed and all that remain now are those 4 tunnels. You haven't been able to determine if they were there before.

It'd be nice to have an alternate exit eventually. How hard would it be to dig out one of the other small tunnels to the outside?
Well, around the small tunnels there is a solid, compacted earth. It won't be too difficult (but surely it will take some time and effort) to dig up a new one, but the exit woudn't be too distant from the already present exit...no more than 10-12ft, otherwise you risk having to dig in the rock. Of course, you can place it so that the emergency exit is very hard to reach for a climbing creature.

Rare herbs... You mean as generic alchemical supplies with which to make stuff? That might be a good idea. It seems I already have some supplies in the form of scales, talons and stuff. How much might that stuff be worth?
All in all, your total stuff is worth 9000gp. 3600 go for the books, 400 for the lab, as you decided, and you can choose to distribute the remaining money over gems, herbs, talons, feathers and such as you wish. You can use the herbs and talons, if you know how to, or you could just sell them to whoever can buy them.

So, now that I have some funds available, care to enlighten me as to how hard it might be to purchase magic items in Anarenn?
Ah...I don't think so :). You know that making a permanet magic item is a difficult task, as your books mentioned, but you have no idea of what kind of magic items can be made and how much do they cost. The humans nearby have no credible informations about that, too, so your character can't have that knowledge...you'll have to find it IC.

Ambrus

Explorer
Sorry I haven't posted to the IC thread in a few days. I've been busy trying to digest the layout and contents of my lair before I post actions. Last night I even started working on a small 3D map of the place; tis an odd little layout. I'm not yet certain what, if anything I'll change about it, where I'd keep my loot or where my character might sleep (though the inside of an iron stove certainly sounds secure). If you're tired of waiting I suppose we could just assume my character has settled in, gone to sleep, awakened in the morning and is ready to set out towards the ruins. We can get back to my lair later.

BTW, do either Oak or Tall know anything about the outcrop of rock or who might have once lived there?

Nightbreeze

First Post
No problem for me, please go on with your own speed. There will be times when I don't post for a day or two, too.

As for Oak and Tall, they freely admit that as far as they remember, no human was ever seen up there. Of course, it would be impossible for them to climb up and have a look and they didn't know about the cavern and the rooms.

Ambrus

Explorer
I've completed the map of my lair, which I'm going to call the "Drachenfell" which simply means "dragon hill". I've posted a thumbnail of it at the bottom of my character sheet post up above. Take a look and let me know what you think. :)

Nightbreeze

First Post
Wow. Are you perchance an artist? Your artwork is certainly good. My only note is that the outcrop of rock is not that big: it's with is about 2/3 of that displayed.

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm a professional graphic designer actually. ;)

I'm not certain how the outcrop could be much smaller; Unless it's shaped like a neat conical tower. As is, I made it only large enough to house all the rooms and tunnels you described. Is it somehow larger on the inside than on the outside? :confused:

Edit: Oh, do you mean the height? Are the bottom-most rooms actually below ground-level?

Nightbreeze

First Post
You have the suspicion that the laboratory is at or below ground level. It's slightly smaller in with, too, but actually it's no that different from the way you pictured it.

So, this is the (one day in the future) famous Drachenfell? :) You'll have to invest some money on it, if you want to invite guests :D

Ambrus

Explorer
So, is my impression that the rooms were constructed in a hollow within the outcrop (either natural or man-made) or were the rooms built up on the side of the outcrop and then camouflaged?

I've added my treasure into my character sheet up top. I believe for the moment at least, that my dragon will live largely in the den; making its nest in the pillows and blankets on the bed.

Nightbreeze

First Post
They were certainly constructed withing the outcrop, as they are almost in it's exact center. There's no way (that you know of) to add that much rock as a camouflage.

Remove ads