Angels and Angles, Part One: Cupid & Psycho

The Shaman

First Post
Ricky gathers up the receipts after Trask runs out and examines them, to see where Michelle was going and what she was buying and when

Committed Hero

Adventurer
The Shaman said:
Ricky gathers up the receipts after Trask runs out and examines them, to see where Michelle was going and what she was buying and when

Trendy restaraunts for dinner; other than that nothing sticks out as unusual.

The Shaman

First Post
Ricky bundles up the receipts and slips them into the pocket of his overcoat, along with a copy of the resume and the photos of Michelle and her friends, as Trask ducks out. The agent next checks the Land Camera to see if it’s loaded with film or not. Did someone take a ‘souvenir’ of the crime? he wonders.

He taps his fingers on the Formica tabletop. A nobody actress trying to pass herself off as Marilyn Monroe ends up dead, LAPD tries to bury it, and someone in Washington is somehow connected. He grimaces. The report on the girl-Friday waiting on his typewriter suddenly doesn’t look so bad.

Ricky’s musings are interrupted as Trask bursts in the door. “What did you find?” he asks the Brit.

Candide

First Post
I have a suspicion. Though I'm still working with it. There's a lot of Maralyn Monroe-esque stuff here. Seems a bit odd to me. Not that it's here but why?

The Shaman

First Post
Ricky silently agrees with Trask. “I don’t know. Delusions, maybe? Was someone using her as a Marilyn stand-in, perhaps?” Stranger by the minute, he finishes in his head.

After thanking the landlady for her help and leaving his card, Ricky says to Trask, “Shall we try the club now? Maybe some of her friends can help us out.”

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Hideaway Lounge

The Hideaway Lounge relies on nighttime darkness for its ambience; in the late afternoon California sun it looks as grey as a burned-out TV tube. Only the owner (Jerry Veasey) and two waitresses are present. Veasey informs you that Michelle stopped showing up for work about three weeks ago and hasn't asked for a paycheck. One of the waitresses (Irene Miller) professes to have been a friend of Michelle's, although they hadn't talked for about ten days. Irene apparently didn't know her "friend" was dead, since she breaks down crying and has to excuse herself for the night, leaving Veasey grumbling about being short.

[OOC - I hope your mom is well C]

Remove ads