Angels and Angles, Part One: Cupid & Psycho

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"Were there any other clerks on duty when you found the girl?"

One of the ladies present was here on the night in question, and a third has the day off. Neither recall anything about that day that helps. Actually, since the dumpster is in back, the killer could have brought the body by at any time and not be seen unless someone was in the alley.

The Shaman

First Post
Helluva way to end up. Ricky carefully picks through the refuse, using a pencil to poke and probe. Tossed out with the garbage. Roll credits.

After inspecting the contents of the dumpster, the special agent sizes up the buildings facing the alley. I think we can assume the cops didn’t do a canvass.
Are there windows from homes or businesses that face out on the alley?

Committed Hero

Adventurer
The Shaman said:
Are there windows from homes or businesses that face out on the alley?

There is a brick wall along most of the alley, but about six or seven homes have rear windows that might grant a clear view down to the bin. Several other stores on the block have doors like the clothes boutique that open onto the alley as well. You couldn't tell from the police report whether anyone has come forward to offer any information, or whether likely witnesses have been approached at all.

If you want to check out this angle, it will probably take the rest of the day. Is that OK or is there anything else you'd like to check on while you're near the crime scene?

The Shaman

First Post
Ricky makes a mental note of the windows and doorways facing the alley, then says to Trask, “We could canvass the neighborhood, see if anyone saw anything.” He glances at his wristwatch. “Or we could try her residence first, and then the lounge in the evening, and leave the canvass for another time.”

“What do you think, ‘old boy’?”

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Dowling's apartment is a short ride from the store, and after showing the landlady your badges, she is more than happy to let you in.

Michelle was a good girl, never loud or out late with men. I hope you find whoever hurt her - apart from one detective I don't think the police have come by at all.

Unfortunately, she doesn't recall any recent boyfriends.

[Make a Search roll to toss the apartment]

The Shaman

First Post
'Michelle was a good girl, never loud or out late with men. I hope you find whoever hurt her - apart from one detective I don't think the police have come by at all."

“…apart from one detective…” Ricky is careful not to let his face betray any sign of interest. Instead he asks, “Ma’am, you mentioned that Miss Dowling was not out late with men. Could you tell us if she had any particular fella on whom she was sweet, or who may have called on her? How about girlfriends, pals?”

Committed Hero

Adventurer
I think she was seeing someone recently. Naturally, I would never let my girls bring men here without a chaperone! As for friends, I know she worked at a nightclub and was close to several of the other waitresses there - all of them waiting for their big break.

Remove ads